Suinoz

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

G'Day, anyone got a nice copy of Billy Hines, Ling Ting Tong on wa-tusi for sale?

just missed one on ebay for 600 u.s. Tony.

Nah, but I can do you a Benny Hill "Ting-A-Ling-A-Loo" instead! laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

no-one loves a smart a--e and you obviously don't know the record.

Yes they do, :lol:

and yes I do- (To suggest I don't know something just because I make a joke of it, is rather silly)

LING-TING-TONG written by Mabel Godwin, recorded by:

Otis Williams & The Charms;Snooks Eaglin; The Five Keys; Bill Haley; Hawkshaw Hawkins;

Human Beings; Buddy Knox; P.J. Proby; Billy Hines; The Slades.

Lyrics:

"I went to Chinatown

'way back in old Hong Kong

To get some Egg Foo Yung

And then I heard a gong

Ling ting tong tried to sing that song

Called Tie-ess-a mo-cum boo-die-ay

Tie-ess-a mo-cum boo

Ling ting tong, he would never be wrong

Go on and sing your song, a-ling ting tong

And I looked around

The lights were going down

And this is what I found

A back in Chinatown" :lol:

( My chum Kev Drage put it on a Cd for me years ago, and I told him its just as much of a comedy record as Benny Hill! :lol: )

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

i think that was a steal at $600. ive never seen it for sale. i real tuff one i reckon.

good luck.

love it or loathe it (and I love it, always have) this is a very, very rare record imho. Took me many years to get hold of my copy and it didn't come at $600 either! If I ever decide to sell it I'll let you know (which may not be that far off as I'm a bit fed up with the whole 'scene' at the moment to be honest :thumbsup: . Couple of dj spots coming up then I may just part with the lot - also got Cleveland Robinson Jr, Jeffrey Allen, Ed Bruce etc etc in similar vein). Good luck anyhow ...

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

Yes they do, :D

and yes I do- (To suggest I don't know something just because I make a joke of it, is rather silly)

LING-TING-TONG written by Mabel Godwin, recorded by:

Otis Williams & The Charms;Snooks Eaglin; The Five Keys; Bill Haley; Hawkshaw Hawkins;

Human Beings; Buddy Knox; P.J. Proby; Billy Hines; The Slades.

Lyrics:

"I went to Chinatown

'way back in old Hong Kong

To get some Egg Foo Yung

And then I heard a gong

Ling ting tong tried to sing that song

Called Tie-ess-a mo-cum boo-die-ay

Tie-ess-a mo-cum boo

Ling ting tong, he would never be wrong

Go on and sing your song, a-ling ting tong

And I looked around

The lights were going down

And this is what I found

A back in Chinatown" :P

( My chum Kev Drage put it on a Cd for me years ago, and I told him its just as much of a comedy record as Benny Hill! :thumbsup: )

Trev

all your taste's in your mouth pal laugh.gif

The very fact that it includes the line "to get some egg foo yung" always made it a must have in my twisted mind.

ATB

Phil

Social source share

Trev

all your taste's in your mouth pal :lol:

The very fact that it includes the line "to get some egg foo yung" always made it a must have in my twisted mind.

ATB

Phil

g G'Day Phil, could be interested in your copy when you decide to sell up. The one i missed for 600 U.S. was beleive it or not my original copy that i sold in 1977 for 4 quid and has my handwriting on it. Call it sentimental value if you want. Regards Tony. Perth.

Social source share

I was really surprised that one on ebay only made just $600, someone got a real bargain. Unless I'm wrong, pretty sure there have only been 2 or 3 other copies found ? I know of the one that Carl F had & the one Tommy had, then the one Phil has got, are there any others ??

It's one of those records that you listen too on cd or tape & think...weird, then you hear it out loud & it sounds really good.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I was really surprised that one on ebay only made just $600, someone got a real bargain. Unless I'm wrong, pretty sure there have only been 2 or 3 other copies found ? I know of the one that Carl F had & the one Tommy had, then the one Phil has got, are there any others ??

It's one of those records that you listen too on cd or tape & think...weird, then you hear it out loud & it sounds really good.

G'Day PhilT, if you read this thread mate, send me a reply and let me know if your still gonna flog me the copy of Billy Hines you said you had when you get out of the scene. I am still interested. email address is suantone@southwest.com.au

Cheers mate, Tony Western Australia.

Social source share

I have "Rang Tang Ding Dong - I am the Japanese Sandman" on Apollo by the Cellos, its a very odd R&B track

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Source Advert