Dig Deeper - New Soul Night In Brooklyn, June 28...with Don Gardner, Live

It's been a while putting together but proud to announce a new monthly party in Fort Greene in Brooklyn, at the Five Spot Soul Food Supper Club, 459 Myrtle Ave. All happens on Saturday, June 28th.

It's a great 1920's venue, wooden dancefloor, amazingly loud sound, 50 foot bar, hot soul food and some amazing music on 45 from myself and Mr. Robinson (pomonkey on here). If that wasn't enough, to open up we're proud to present a midnight show form Mr "My Baby Likes To Boogaloo" himself, the one and only Don Gardner with his first NY show since 1969. Yes, 1969.

Visit our myspace page for a taste:

https://www.myspace.com/digdeepernyc

Tickets are just $7 advance (strongly encouraged - if it sells out, could you really bear to wait 39 years for him to come back??!!), and $10 at the door.

Advance tickets may be purchased here:

https://www.ticketalternative.com/Events/723.aspx

Can't wait to see you there!

flyer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Although we hadn't planned to invite guest DJ's quite yet until we got the night going...we're pleased to announce that Mick H will be joining us for a couple sets on the decks as he was coming over for the show anyhow.

Advance tickets selling nicely (see link above for details), but still some available. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

- honky

Guest gb2nyc

I am so excited to see your soul/funk night has finally come to frutition.

I will be there at the front, knickers in hand to throw at Don Gardner, or is it just Tom Jones that gets that treatment?????????

Good luck in your new venture.

Angie

HI There

Wisehd we were coming but sorry our finances don't run to it right now, We had the previlidge to meet Don Gardener In Pestatyn and in Philly at the Clelf Club. We can assure you, you won't be disapointed to hear this man sing. What can we say about Mr H what a guy. He has DJ'd for us at the Empress Ballrooms in Mexborough can he deliver the stuff. Enjoy your evening just sorry we can't be there.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Hi Yocky and Jx - Wish we could move Brooklyn a little closer to you! Everyone I know who's seen him in Philly has had great things to say about Don Gardner's live performances...cannot wait for Saturday. Not sure if the good people of Ft. Greene are ready for a double dose of Don Gardner + Mick H...!

Look forward to seeing everyone (hi Angie!) there!

Cheers,

- honky

ps - Very excited as we just finalized the artist for the July 26 edition of Dig Deeper - we will be announcing it on Saturday at the club...stay tuned! :rolleyes:

Source Advert