Another Ebay Item

In light of the Gene Toones thing on eBay I got sent this last night and thought it needed to be asked if legit....

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4718416997

Thought I recognised the whole lay out of the item and checked in the ended items of my watch box in eBay.... is exactly same layout, scan and desciption as this one recently sold....

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4717140302

Very strange.... so someone please tell me this is a legit re-sell by seller under different name and that UK sellers aren't now trying it on themselves....

Info appreciated....

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Something a bit odd going on? :excl:

Definately same picture & info, I would say it's either of the following.

1. Someone happens to have an original (& seen how much it's gone for) and rather than scan it have just copied all the info.

2. Someone is hoping to make a lot of money out of someone for something that's going to get lost in the post. :shhh:

Social source share

In light of the Gene Toones thing on eBay I got sent this last night and thought it

Thought I recognised the whole lay out of the item and checked in the ended items of my watch box in eBay.... is exactly same layout, scan and desciption as this one recently sold....

Very strange.... so someone please tell me this is a legit re-sell by seller under different name and that UK sellers aren't now trying it on themselves....

Info appreciated....

link

The person who bought the above had previously paid about £15 to £20 for re issues and about £30 each for some cheapo originals and then bids £2000 and ups it by another few hundred to win the thing.

Interesting to say the least.

Social source share

In light of the Gene Toones thing on eBay I got sent this last night and thought it needed to be asked if legit....

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4718416997

Info appreciated....

link

I see another case coming on for the soul-source high biding police :lol:

We'll get all of those boot-sellers and non-sellers. :lol:

Social source share

:lol: perhaps I should email him and ask, I'll definately bid if it is :lol:

link

THE lad who was selling it as Groovesville

is from macclesfield---lee edwards

nicknamed dobber

frield of Glen Hunter/Jim Smirk etc

dont know if it was real

Keith williams

Social source share

nicknamed dobber

dont know if it was real

Keith williams

link

Wasn't really querying that one Keith.... was the second one now up for sale using "exactly" the same eBay page layout, i.e. piccy, description, etc., that doesn't "feel" right....

Social source share

Current seller takes paypal, would that not buy the winner protection? Would appear an elaborate faux price fixing scheme with the previous auction as this seller's two recent negatives were from cheap items. But then again could be the perfect opportunity to 'cash in' on previously immaculate feedback. This one is tricky a worthy challenge to SS choir?

I missed bidding the Gene Toones, wouldn't mind joining this one if it gets figured out.

Tenyu

Social source share

Current seller takes paypal, would that not buy the winner protection? Would appear an elaborate faux price fixing scheme with the previous auction as this seller's two recent negatives were from cheap items. But then again could be the perfect opportunity to 'cash in' on previously immaculate feedback. This one is tricky a worthy challenge to SS choir?

I missed bidding the Gene Toones, wouldn't mind joining this one if it gets figured out.

Tenyu

link

Hypothetical question:

Suppose you were the original buyer and the item arrived cracked... and you'd only paid for standard insuance (£28 or howver much it is...)

You then decide to re-sell item as perfect, get someone you know to send the price through the roof, then insure it to the hilt....

When it arrives at the other end, you have a claim against the Post Office insurance as it was 'perfect' when it went out....

Won't be this first time this trick has been pulled, or the last to be honest.....

WOOF!

Social source share

nicknamed dobber

dont know if it was real

Keith williams

link

And the copy he was selling was legit as it was my old one that he purchased during a heavy trade...so I am now also wondering if the new seller was and is in fact the buyer of my old copy...only Lee can tell us me thinks :ohmy:

Social source share

But the astonishing thing about all this is that someone would actually pay more than £10 for this pile of shite. The absolute pits. Makes Wombat sound like a soul classic.

1) he can't sing in tune 2) the instruments are out of tune 3) it's f*cking awful

Social source share

Hypothetical question:

Suppose you were the original buyer and the item arrived cracked... and you'd only paid for standard insuance (£28 or howver much it is...)

You then decide to re-sell item as perfect, get someone you know to send the price through the roof, then insure it to the hilt....

When it arrives at the other end, you have a claim against the Post Office insurance as it was 'perfect' when it went out....

Won't be this first time this trick has been pulled, or the last to be honest.....

WOOF!

link

Brilliant. All it takes is one of seller's friends to bid well say a few thousand for good measure nothing too crazy then both could share the profit or the difference from the original price ?2272. Postal insurance fraud seems to easy to be true?

Great and free advice to all the scam happy lurkers reading this. :ohmy:

Tenyu

Social source share

But the astonishing thing about all this is that someone would actually pay more than £10 for this pile of shite.  The absolute pits.  Makes Wombat sound like a soul classic.

1) he can't sing in tune 2) the instruments are out of tune 3) it's f*cking awful

link

Assumed that already from the first price tag but could anyone post audio to confirm?

thanks,

Tenyu

Social source share

But the astonishing thing about all this is that someone would actually pay more than £10 for this pile of shite.  The absolute pits.  Makes Wombat sound like a soul classic.

link

Goodness me, we are agreeing again :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest dodger

link

:ohmy: Couldn't agree more Pete, what a bag o'sh1te, never seen the attraction with this record.

Social source share

And the copy he was selling was legit as it was my old one that he purchased during a heavy trade...so I am now also wondering if the new seller was and is in fact the buyer of my old copy...only Lee can tell us me thinks  :ohmy:

link

I know who bought it and and he has not put it up for sale.

Social source share

hi all...i am groovesville.....alias...as keith williams so kindly pointed out,lee edwards..also known as dobber...hence the user name the dob....the george lemons on ebay is NOT mine,i have notified ebay,and the seller,my copy sold last week as you can clearly see,the person who bought it is made up with it,my copy is the one that was on offer for a week on here soul source,i am a geniune person,as well as a geniune seller,and collector,im sure there are plenty who will vouch for me....please take caution with this fucker who hasnt the imagination to make his own listing!!!!!

Social source share

Up to £365 now,is it still a scam??

Pete

link

Not sure Pete.... that's why I asked in the first place.... still don't really know as answers don't relate to that.... I'd be interested to know because a mate of mine wants to "go for it" but isn't yet until he's sure.... in fact it was him that sent me the link to the "new sale" asking if kosher.... told him I'd try to find out and wouyld let him know....

Anybody know if kosher or a scam :huh: .... would love to think UK sellers haven't started doing things like a few in the US "a la Gene Toones" :thumbup: ....

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Not sure Pete.... that's why I asked in the first place.... still don't really know as answers don't relate to that.... I'd be interested to know because a mate of mine wants to "go for it" but isn't yet until he's sure.... in fact it was him that sent me the link to the "new sale" asking if kosher.... told him I'd try to find out and wouyld let him know....

Anybody know if kosher or a scam :huh: .... would love to think UK sellers haven't started doing things like a few in the US "a la Gene Toones" :thumbup: ....

link

Social source share

link

Are you aware of George Lemons' version of "It's An Uphill Climb To The Bottom"? Guaranteed to make you weep. But not in a good way! Genuinely one of the very worst recordings I've ever heard, but Fascinating Girl runs it a very close second.

Social source share

Seems that people are asking the question direct about this one.... there's now a response of sorts on there.... SEE HERE.... plus postage now added of £19 :thumbup: ....

Looks like somebody's not convinced with answer as their bid is now retracted.... personally, I'm "still on the fence" because piccies have been used before BUT to not write your own description, especially the grading, cause your "lazy".... mmmm....

Have sent following to be convinced :yes: ....

----------------

Dear minicarsandtoys,

I see you've put an answer on the eBay page about having the record.... to borrow a piccy is one thing.... but to not write your own title, description and especially grading.... plus state about borrowing a piccy like other sellers do when done same.... this causes a lot of concern especially as page is identical to one recently legitimately sold.... search for item number 4717140302 under finished items in advanced search.... you'll see what I mean.... still personally not convinced mate and also see someone wasn't with their bid retraction.... usually a buyer I see from feedback but now first and only sale of a rare soul record, mmmm.... all dance/trance sales record wise previously.... awaiting a convincing reply....

----------------

Will let you know of response :huh: .... if any :yes: ....

Social source share

Have sent following to be convinced :thumbsup: ....

----------------

Dear minicarsandtoys,

I see you've put an answer on the eBay page about having the record.... to borrow a piccy is one thing.... but to not write your own title, description and especially grading.... plus state about borrowing a piccy like other sellers do when done same.... this causes a lot of concern especially as page is identical to one recently legitimately sold.... search for item number 4717140302 under finished items in advanced search.... you'll see what I mean.... still personally not convinced mate and also see someone wasn't with their bid retraction.... usually a buyer I see from feedback but now first and only sale of a rare soul record, mmmm.... all dance/trance sales record wise previously.... awaiting a convincing reply....

----------------

Will let you know of response :yes: .... if any :yes: ....

link

I don`t think you will get an answer as I already asked him days ago if it would be possible in case I win the record to pick it up at his place person to person....do I really need to tell you I got no response ?

Social source share

I don`t think you will get an answer as I already asked him days ago if it would be possible in case I win the record  to pick it up at his place person to person....do I really need to tell you I got no response ?

link

Not really Marc.... probably to be expected.... or not expected :yes::thumbsup: ....

Social source share

link

totally agree pete

overrated just like the springers 'nothings too good' which is as flat as paula radcliffe as well

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert