Pete S

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well the known ones must be Ben E King and HB Barnum...

...is this Ken Lazarus?  Like it by the way. rolleyes.gif

Godz

link

You're too clever for your own good matey :thumbsup:

yes it's Byron Lee & The Dragonaires (vocals Ken Lazarus) thats the exact label credit, on Jamaican SOUL label. I got this today for $5 along with another track on the SOUL label, the fabulous Wide Awake In A Dream by Philip James (Blues Busters) which as you know I have on Island cos I sent it up a few weeks back but I think I'll sell the Island copy now. That was $5 as well. :thumbsup:

Got me 70 Jamaican 45's, half ot them blanks, but everything is ska or rocksteady so I am saving them for tonight, have a little session.

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

You're too clever for your own good matey  rolleyes.gif

yes it's Byron Lee & The Dragonaires (vocals Ken Lazarus) thats the exact label credit, on Jamaican SOUL label.  I got this today for $5 along with another track on the SOUL label, the fabulous Wide Awake In A Dream by Philip James (Blues Busters) which as you know I have on Island cos I sent it up a few weeks back but I think I'll sell the Island copy now.  That was $5 as well.  :thumbsup:

Got me 70 Jamaican 45's, half ot them blanks, but everything is ska or rocksteady so I am saving them for tonight, have a little session.

link

I think it's on a CD called Northern Soul of Jamaica or something like that.

Just about to send a PM

Cheers,

Godz

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Might be known, might not be...I don't know..I know of 2 versions that are well known but this is the first time I've heard this.

link

Had a few of these years ago, sold a couple to Roger Banks probably for a fiver..

post-1832-1114124403_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I had one that was VG- , just sold it on ebay for about $40.00. Good song, just needed to get some fast cash. I was told it was released at the same time as the BRA issue. Not sure why it needed two labels, surely didn't help sales wise.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert