Soul At The Birchfield, Widnes

I've had a few emails and conversations with people who tell me rumours are out and about that the Soul at The Birchfield Soul Night in Widnes has finished. I don't know who is spreading these rumours but it is totally untrue.

The truth is we had an issue in Feb this year when a girl slipped on talc and broke her wrist. She then sent a warning letter to the club regarding the use of talc.

We asked people to be a little more careful with their use of talc and everything seemed to go Ok. The girl continued to support the club with no problems as she has for several years. However in May somebody put talc down and the management told me to put the lights on while the talc was wiped up which I did. They then told me to turn the music off while the cleaning went on. I objected and told them the music didn't need to be turned off and if they insisted I would quit DJing there. Well they insisted and I quit that night.

Dave and Chris have carried without me. I have still gone every month to support the lads.

This Friday is the 10th anniversary and I told Dave and Chris I would

return for the night so I could complete my 10 years there and true to my word I will be there.

I've had loads of support from everyone who has attended over the last 10 years and a lot of people have vowed to turn up to make it one more special night so hopefully it will be full but you never know, what people say and what they do are not always the same.

Dave and Chris are carrying on next year and have the dates booked for the whole of 2009. I can honestly say it is continuing for at least the next 12 months but with a slightly different DJ line up.

Many thanks to everyone who has supported us over the last 10 years. I personally have made some great friends from doing this. Please tell anyone you know who used to attend that the night is still alive and kicking and will be hopefully throughout 2009.

Biff

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've had a few emails and conversations with people who tell me rumours are out and about that the Soul at The Birchfield Soul Night in Widnes has finished. I don't know who is spreading these rumours but it is totally untrue.

The truth is we had an issue in Feb this year when a girl slipped on talc and broke her wrist. She then sent a warning letter to the club regarding the use of talc.

We asked people to be a little more careful with their use of talc and everything seemed to go Ok. The girl continued to support the club with no problems as she has for several years. However in May somebody put talc down and the management told me to put the lights on while the talc was wiped up which I did. They then told me to turn the music off while the cleaning went on. I objected and told them the music didn't need to be turned off and if they insisted I would quit DJing there. Well they insisted and I quit that night.

Dave and Chris have carried without me. I have still gone every month to support the lads.

return for the night so I could complete my 10 years there and true to my word I will be there.

I've had loads of support from everyone who has attended over the last 10 years and a lot of people have vowed to turn up to make it one more special night so hopefully it will be full but you never know, what people say and what they do are not always the same.

Dave and Chris are carrying on next year and have the dates booked for the whole of 2009. I can honestly say it is continuing for at least the next 12 months but with a slightly different DJ line up.

Many thanks to everyone who has supported us over the last 10 years. I personally have made some great friends from doing this. Please tell anyone you know who used to attend that the night is still alive and kicking and will be hopefully throughout 2009.

Biff

Hiya Biff

We heard something the other week about Birchfield but it wasn't that it had finished someone told us that you'd had a few problems with the club and that you were moving to somewhere else. I honestly can't remember who told us but we were out at a soul nite/niter and that was about 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Loads of club's have clamped down on the use of talc because of the health and safety issues, we have a constant battle with ours but most do try to stick to the new rules we even mop up afterwards if someone uses it at our do bit of a pain at 3 in the morning but it keeps everyone happy.

Hope you have a good night on Friday.

Sharon

Social source share

Thanks for the heads up John.....

We'd heard a similar story only it was about 4th hand by the time it got to us and as usual in these type situations everyone had 'added' their little bit to the point where we were told the person who slipped on the talc was in hospital with VERY serious injuries and the club had imeadiatly stopped the night and threw everyone out...

Glad to hear that Birchfield will continue - VERY sad to hear this will be your last night sad.gif

We'll see you on Friday :rolleyes:

(Debs/Gaz)

Social source share

Hiya Biff

We heard something the other week about Birchfield but it wasn't that it had finished someone told us that you'd had a few problems with the club and that you were moving to somewhere else. I honestly can't remember who told us but we were out at a soul nite/niter and that was about 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Loads of club's have clamped down on the use of talc because of the health and safety issues, we have a constant battle with ours but most do try to stick to the new rules we even mop up afterwards if someone uses it at our do bit of a pain at 3 in the morning but it keeps everyone happy.

Hope you have a good night on Friday.

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Nice to hear from you, we did look at a new venue. We actually could have had it and it was a big room with large sprung dancefloor and two seperate bars ideal for a soul night but they wouldnt move on a 12 o'clock finish which made it a no starter really, and of course I would have continued with Dave and Chris if it had come off. The maon thing is Dave and Chris are carrying on.

Biff

Social source share

Thanks for the heads up John.....

We'd heard a similar story only it was about 4th hand by the time it got to us and as usual in these type situations everyone had 'added' their little bit to the point where we were told the person who slipped on the talc was in hospital with VERY serious injuries and the club had imeadiatly stopped the night and threw everyone out...

Glad to hear that Birchfield will continue - VERY sad to hear this will be your last night :lol:

We'll see you on Friday :rolleyes:

(Debs/Gaz)

Hi Debs/Gaz

Its funny how the rumours spread.

The girl who fell is fine, and was actually in the club the night they turned the music off.

It wasnt her that reported the talc to the bar staff.

She has supported us from day one and I dont blame her in the slightest for any of this

the bar staff just over reacted.

Biff

Social source share

Biff

Congratulations on your 10 years. Didn't you start on the 3rd Friday and then move back a week? (might be my imagination)...

If I dont' get lost (which I always do when we come over there) we'll try and pop in on friday. Always great music at Birchfields..(it's just Dave's offensive football shirts

that put me off!). LOL.. :lol:

Best wishes,

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Hope you have a cracking night Biff, cant make it im afraid.

Glad you'll be there to celebrate the fruits of your endeavours on the clubs big birthday.

Enjoy ya self, and say hi to Bev and the gang from me!

Arron

Cheers Arron Im sure we will

Social source share

Congratulations on your 10 years. Didn't you start on the 3rd Friday and then move back a week? (might be my imagination)...

If I dont' get lost (which I always do when we come over there) we'll try and pop in on friday. Always great music at Birchfields..(it's just Dave's offensive football shirts

that put me off!). LOL.. :unsure:

Best wishes,

Jayne.x.

Thanks alots Jayne, you know yourself how hard it is to run a night for 10 years.

People think you just turn up and it happens, if only!!!!!

We have always been on the 4th Friday but did run Pavillions in Runcorn for a spell on the 3rd Friday so I think thats were the confusion comes from.

It would be great to see you Friday, Daves got a new girlfriend now and even wears shirts now again these days. biggrin.gif

Biff

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert