Lisa Made Her Famous Potato Salad

Saturday, en route to see the Wigan play this lilting gem of a modern soul record cropped up on the CD.

Jill Scott - Family Reunion

All was going well until the singer uttered the following line, "Lisa made her famous salad, somehow it turns out green" Well that had us in stitches. Other comic moments followed including the somewhat unexpected line, "Oh shit, Meggy and Steve are fighting again" There are other comic lines in the song.

Its a testament to Jill Scott that she made a soul record out of the lyrics she was given.

I hope you find this record as enjoyable as me.

Anybody got anything similar? Soundfiles appreciated.

Col.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Saturday, en route to see the Wigan play this lilting gem of a modern soul record cropped up on the CD.

Jill Scott - Family Reunion

All was going well until the singer uttered the following line, "Lisa made her famous salad, somehow it turns out green" Well that had us in stitches. Other comic moments followed including the somewhat unexpected line, "Oh shit, Meggy and Steve are fighting again" There are other comic lines in the song.

Its a testament to Jill Scott that she made a soul record out of the lyrics she was given.

I hope you find this record as enjoyable as me.

Anybody got anything similar? Soundfiles appreciated.

Col.

link

A great track taken off her 'Beautifully Human' album from last year.

She actually covered it.I'm racking my brains as to who did the original version.

Can anyone help?

A really funny 12" is 'Rapmaster Ronnie' by Eathel Bean and Doonesbury Break Crew, a piss take of Ronnie Regans election campaign from the 80's.It's well funny.I'll try and post a soundbite tomorrow.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

A great track taken off her 'Beautifully Human' album from last year.

She actually covered it.I'm racking my brains as to who did the original version.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Pete

link

It was The O'Jays wasn't it Pete? Love the Jill scott CD - totally solid throughout

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert