Sure-shot R&b Night

ANOTHER TOP NIGHT AT MOORLANDS-SURE-SHOT R&B NIGHT,WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE COMING TO NOTTM. FROM AS FAR AWAY AS NEWBURY,SHREWSBURY,WORCESTER,LINCOLN ETC.MONTH AFTER MONTH YOU KNOW THE MUSIC IS BEING APPRECIATED.GUEST LAST NIGHT WERE STEVE & MIKE WHO RUN THE SOULFUL SHACK NIGHTS 2 GREAT GUYS WITH RECORDS TO MATCH,ADD TO THAT ROGER WITH HIS NORMAL TOP SOUNDS AND STILL PULLING OTHERS OUT TO MAKE US ALL MORE GREEN WITH ENVY,I ALSO LIKE TO THINK I DO THE BUSINESS AS WELL PLAYING SOME OF MY DIFFERENT SOUNDS.NEXT MONTH WE HAVE 2 MORE TOP GUESTS IN NASHEE (WITHOUT TED) AND MICK LLOYD(WORCS.)DON,T FORGET THE SECOND ROOM AT SIXHILLS ON THE 10th. WILL BE PLAYING THIS MUSIC WITH DJ,S ROGER BANKS,TONY BISH,TED COULDSTONE & BOB MORRIS ANOTHER TOP OF THE CROP DJ,S.

• Replies 11
  • Views 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

LAST NIGHT WERE STEVE & MIKE WHO RUN THE SOULFUL SHACK NIGHTS 2 GREAT GUYS WITH RECORDS TO MATCH,ADD TO THAT ROGER WITH HIS NORMAL TOP SOUNDS AND STILL PULLING OTHERS OUT TO MAKE US ALL MORE GREEN WITH ENVY,I ALSO LIKE TO THINK I DO THE BUSINESS AS WELL PLAYING SOME OF MY DIFFERENT SOUNDS.

Yup, another great night, just caught the tail-end of Steve & Mike's bumpin' set; fantastic. What a difference to the popular-but-MOR venue I'd come from.

Wish I'd have got to SureShot earlier. Thanks to Sam, Roger and crew - a relaxed boogiesome night every month.

ANOTHER TOP NIGHT AT MOORLANDS-SURE-SHOT R&B NIGHT,WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE COMING TO NOTTM. FROM AS FAR AWAY AS NEWBURY,SHREWSBURY,WORCESTER,LINCOLN ETC.MONTH AFTER MONTH YOU KNOW THE MUSIC IS BEING APPRECIATED.GUEST LAST NIGHT WERE STEVE & MIKE WHO RUN THE SOULFUL SHACK NIGHTS 2 GREAT GUYS WITH RECORDS TO MATCH,ADD TO THAT ROGER WITH HIS NORMAL TOP SOUNDS AND STILL PULLING OTHERS OUT TO MAKE US ALL MORE GREEN WITH ENVY,I ALSO LIKE TO THINK I DO THE BUSINESS AS WELL PLAYING SOME OF MY DIFFERENT SOUNDS.NEXT MONTH WE HAVE 2 MORE TOP GUESTS IN NASHEE (WITHOUT TED) AND MICK LLOYD(WORCS.)DON,T FORGET THE SECOND ROOM AT SIXHILLS ON THE 10th. WILL BE PLAYING THIS MUSIC WITH DJ,S ROGER BANKS,TONY BISH,TED COULDSTONE & BOB MORRIS ANOTHER TOP OF THE CROP DJ,S.

The little club that's BIG news......This place is my favourite venue...Fancy being one and a half to two hours drive away(just my fluffing luck). Well it was my turn, as well as Ste's, to stand behind the wheels of steel. We were Double decking and trying to ram in, as much variety and Quality as humanly possible. One thing i haven't got is, nerves of steel...so to be received as well as we, aparently, were, was fantastic.

Why venues like this aren,t rammed to the rafters, everytime is beyond me. Not that the attendance was poor last night, far from it infact...It's Just that if you love 60's soul, RnB and like to hear something new or something long forgotten/fresh...this place has it all.

Anyway I'm rabbitting on again. Here are, as many as i can remember, Of what one played last night;

Hank Ballard & the Midnighters It's love baby(24 hours a day) King.

Jay Miller Big daddy, you gotta go Liberty.d

Al Robinson I'm leaving you today Imperial.

Dusty Wilson Can't do without you Bronse.

the Creations Lady Luck Take Ten.d

Teri Allen In the first place Abc-Paramount.d

Titus Turner Cool Down Glover.d

the Cleftones Do you Gee.d

Lloyd Price Don't cry Monument.d

Carole Forrest He's awful nice to me Atco.d

the Johnny Otis show. vocal by Johnny Otis Good Golly Capitol.

George Benson Quartet Summertime Columbia.d

Jimmy Lovemaker Foxy Devil Decca.d

Ruff Francis and the Illusions Give me mercy Essica.

Big Dee Irwin I wanna stay right here with you Rotate.d

So thanks to Sam and Roger (not forgetting the lovely Jenny banks) for Trusting?, in our taste last night, lets hope the peeps enjoyed themselves. Mike.

thanks for your comments spirit,teach you to get there earlier next time ,as for you mike,you and steve were brill,as i said to you both the crowd loved it and ain,t it great to put on records that at a normal soulnight would bomb but there the people listen and dance because of the records being soulful and danceable.

BEST REGARDS SAM

Just like to say thanks to Roger, Sam and Jenny for inviting me and Mike to do a spot or two and to everyone who attended, listened and danced

I had a cracking night but I always do at this fantastic liitle club that should be getting far more recognition

Be back next month as a punter as usual as I wouldnt miss these nights

Stuff I played last night as far as I can remember

Donna Loren - Blowing out the candles - Capitol

Patti Page - The walls have ears - Mercury W/D

Chris Connor - Hallelujah I love him so - London

Marie Knight - Grasshopper Baby - Mercury

Linda Martell - The things I do for you - Fire

Carol Fran - Knock Knock - Excello

Lenny O'henry - Mr Moonlight - Smash

Eugene Pitt - Every day is like a year - Beltone

Ted Jarret - Lets twist slow and easy - Spar

Ideals - whats the matter with you sam - Paso

Turbans - Damage is done - Imperial

Mighty Joe Young - Ladies Man - Celtex

Gene Burks - Shirley Jean - Arock

Gene & Ruth - If and when it happens - King

Ramrocks - I can never find out - Press

Right back to my sick bed, will I ever get over these bugs that are doing the rounds! :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Thanks to Sam, Roger and Jenny for my favourite night of the month!

Sorry I missed you 'spirit' ..... i was there at 8 but left at 11 (i'm such a lightweigt!)

ANYWAY - AN ANNOUNCEMENT:

have just had it confirmed that all rumours going round last night about Kev and Shirl are

UNTRUE !!!!!

But the big news is that they just got engaged today :D

CONGRATULATIONS KEV AND SHIRL :):rolleyes::lol::lol:

Perdita

Big Dee Irwin "I wanna stay right here" to Gene Burkes "Shirley Jean". Sort of range of music i like.Nice one.

Glenn

When is your next do in Lincoln will try and get over

Also how do I get tickets for the live event in Feb?

Cheers

Steve

sorry me and cal couldnt make this one but we did 2 niters in 3 days and were not feeling to good,sounds like we missed a good un,

see ya all at sixhills

cheers bish

Guest adlibsoul

Glenn

When is your next do in Lincoln will try and get over

Also how do I get tickets for the live event in Feb?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

if you want tickets for the live event email me at adlibsoul@yahoo.co.uk The band are excellent and the djs will get the joint rocking !

As always Sam, Roger and Jenny,

truly enjoyable night from start t' finish the warmest welcome on the door, great sounds, to lingering farewells when people just seem reluctant to go home.................luv you guys,

see you next month Cal XXXX

P.S congrats Kev n Shirl, maybe see you soon now :thumbsup: huh?

Source Advert