Christine And Rod

I'd just like to say how sorry i am to hear that Sheridans has finally been sold.

I'm sure i'm not alone when i say what a fantastic little venue this was.

It had everything.

From being a cracker of a club - to having the best bar staff and most easy going management i've ever seen.

What other venue let's you carry on until you decide you've had enough and it's time to go home?

I don't think any of us appreciate just how much hard work and effort - not to mention money - Christine and Rod invested in this place.

I'm sure i speak for many when i say a big thankyou to them both for everything they've done for us over the years.

It really is appreciated.

Love and best wishes to you both.

Now and always,

Joan xx

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I spoke to the new owner yesterday.

He called me to tell me Saturdays Allnighter was cancelled, even though we had been promised that all dates booked were to be honoured.

The club is now closed for refurbishment, with a new dancefloor and P.A. being installed.

He did mention the possibility of future Soul events, and that he would like to keep things going in that vein, *but* the cost would be a major implication (i.e. he wanted more money).

I won't be returning there, I'm already smarting about the fact that I couldn't reach Rodz via phone because he had gone to Spain and went ahead with printing flyers etc, because no one had kept me informed of the final date for handover...

Still at least I didn't turn up on the night to find the doors locked, so there is some small consolation.

Social source share

The top and bottom of it is that after spending a lot of time effort and money makeing sheridans one of the best clubs in the country,all 3 promoters were treated like shit,so f*** them.New venue for all 3 clubs comeing very soon that is a fact.So far from being the end this is just the start of even better allniters from

SOULTOWN,LIFELINE AND BACKBEAT.

Social source share

I spoke to the new owner yesterday.

He called me to tell me Saturdays Allnighter was cancelled, even though we had been promised that all dates booked were to be honoured.

The club is now closed for refurbishment, with a new dancefloor and P.A. being installed.

He did mention the possibility of future Soul events, and that he would like to keep things going in that vein, *but* the cost would be a major implication (i.e. he wanted more money).

I won't be returning there, I'm already smarting about the fact that I couldn't reach Rodz via phone because he had gone to Spain and went ahead with printing flyers etc, because no one had kept me informed of the final date for handover...

Still at least I didn't turn up on the night to find the doors locked, so there is some small consolation.

link

Very very sad state of affairs for all :D .... the venue, it's ambiance, it's people and most of all it's music policies were "top notch".... very much hoping all promoters of the nights held there come out "bigger and stronger" than they already were :Drolleyes.gif ....

LIFELINE, SOULTOWN AND BACKBEAT got to "keep the faith" with their Allniters :lol: .... I'm most confident you'll move on to to "pastures" just as good biggrin.gif ....

Awaiting the info on these nights very soon :D .... "big up" boys :D ....

Social source share

The top and bottom of it is that after spending a lot of time effort and money makeing sheridans one of the best clubs in the country,all 3 promoters were treated like shit,so f*** them.New venue for all 3 clubs comeing very soon that is a fact.So far from being the end this is just the start of even better allniters from

SOULTOWN,LIFELINE AND BACKBEAT.

link

if i can assist in anyway dont hesitate to e mail

Sound system, 3k down if required

Doug

makemvinyl@aol.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!