Prestatyn In October

Guest Ranger

Guest Ranger

Is anyone going to the Legends Of Motown Weekender in October? I've been browsing around and there's virtually no internet chat on this so I'm a bit reluctant to book anything if it's gonna be a flop. It also looks as if there's a snooker tournament on over the same weekend.

Kev

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is anyone going to the Legends Of Motown Weekender in October? I've been browsing around and there's virtually no internet chat on this so I'm a bit reluctant to book anything if it's gonna be a flop. It also looks as if there's a snooker tournament on over the same weekend.

Kev

I have it from a good source the bookings are well up,

im off anyway :shades:

Rob

Guest Soultown andy

Very much doubt this will be a flop,john poole will be djin at middleton next week so will find out booking numbers so far,pretty sure he said around 1500 alredy booked last time i spoke to him.

Thanks for the replies.

One of the reasons I was a bit concerned was that according to here

www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk

there's a snooker tournament there between 12th and 15th October

Kev

Hello Kevin

no need for concern, all the World Proffessional Snooker Tournament qualifiers are held at Prestatyn Snooker centre, which is the base the the World Wide organisation.

Those who can remember Prestatyn 2 "room at the top" oldies session will know it closed to be converted in to special rooms where all the top players in the world come to qualify.

There is some form of snooker there every day of the week.

This centre is effectively a "private" venue within a venue, leased and run by the WPSA.

Closed cicuit televison is used to broadcast the matches around the world.

In short it has nothing to do with the Legends of Soul Weekend 13th to16th october.

Last figures for bookings were around the 1,200 mark (Plus Djs ,Guest & competion winners etc to be added) we would expect a crowd of around 1,500 to 2,000 at this the first event at Prestatyn since moving it up from Hemsby to take advantage of the better facilities at Prestatyn

Booking line is open kevin 0870 604 5606 prices from £25 including 3 nights accom and entry to all 4 dancehalls.. Plenty of people already booked and a real buzz on this already!

In case anyone doesn't know The Contours, JJ Barnes,The Andantes and The Masqueraders are all appearing plus some surprise guest apearances as well ALL INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.

Arena 1 northern soul all-nighters featuring

Ginger Taylor, Kenny Burell Mick H Roger Banks, Sean Chapman etc plus saturday show

& loads more DJs see the flyers

Arena 2" Motown & Soul Party Classic & Commercial Soul from accross the decades

Arena 3 Queen Vic rare Motown, Quizes, Bisley boys session

Arena 4 Crossover & Modern soul

Soul sam, Andy Whitmore, Steve Hobbs, mick Farrer, Cliff Steel ,Tats, Kev Laws, Arthur fenn, Dave Rippolies, John Weston & Guests

More to follow as we build the website.

We expect this october weekender to grow as people enjoy the different format to our World Beating March event. (Just wait to you hear who's coming in March some places left 2,700 booked for that one !!).

as with all Midnight hour events expect exceptional value for money, great atmosphere

and a great crowd. really looking forward to this one.

Hope that answers your questions look forward to seeing you there

Rob & Karen Wigley co-organisers.

Booking line again 0870 604 5606 Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

Kev

Kev: I would have thought that August was a bit early to be talking about the Motown Weekender; give it another two weeks or so. We've booked, in fact we booked last December following the Hemsby Weekender - memories :unsure:

I like a bit of snooker; do you think it's worth bringing me 'bat' with me for a game? thumbsup.gif

Guest Ranger

Kev: I would have thought that August was a bit early to be talking about the Motown Weekender; give it another two weeks or so. We've booked, in fact we booked last December following the Hemsby Weekender - memories :lol:

I like a bit of snooker; do you think it's worth bringing me 'bat' with me for a game? :thumbsup:

Snooker at my age? the eyesights too bad. Like a bit of 9 ball now and again though :lol:

Thanks for all the replies, I'm booking tomorrow, see you all there.

Kev

A quick update on stuff for October.Some surprise guest artists will be on site during the weekender.

Masqueraders = friday evening 11 pm ish

Contours, Andantes & JJ Barnes = saturday evening 11.30pm

Special Guest Artist = Sunday evening 10pm

Booking Line

0870 604 5606

also may have the radio station up and running at senisble times --slots available if you are interested PM us.

Rob & Karen

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Guest barnsey

A quick update on stuff for October.

looks like thursday "Party" night will be open for early birds, at no extra cost by the way !

Some surprise guest artists will be on site during the weekender also just sorting out a Sunday evening "Live "performance as well.

Masqueraders = friday evening 11 pm ish

Contours, Andantes & JJ Barnes = saturday evening 11.30pm

Special Guest Artist = Sunday evening 10pm

Booking Line

0870 604 5606

also may have the radio station up and running at senisble times --slots available if you are interested PM us.

Rob & Karen

are just sat night passes available? if so how much.

Just asked the missus. Response as expected, so, no offence, but I value my body parts more than a radio debut :tumbleweed3:

Kev

are just sat night passes available? if so how much.

Sorry No dancehall passes only at this event, you have to book accom. (all inlusive price)

however if you get 6 people interested you can book a budget for £25 each.

the other way to do it is to look for spare wristband passes off people who have booked already.

hope that helps

R & k

Source Advert