Fosland

I was not of soul source aware since a young lady told me about this NewsGroup. I did not have to join but in good faith I did. When I receive eMail that does not have a persons name on it or they do not provide an eMail address I believe something is wrong. And no eMail told me about Soul Source except the one from a young lady. I have been on eBay since 1999 and never had so many complaints till now. I retired in 1998 and now all of you will be more upset that I was with the NYCPD for 28 years. I bought my first record in 1954 while I was in High School. When I first went on eBay I had over 18,000 45rpm or as you say 7" singles. 95% were doo wop and early Motown (Satintones). I have early Vee-Jay, Chance, Red Robin labels etc. In the late 60s early 70s there were boots and trust me you could not tell. No one at that time knew about Dead Wax numbers. The collecting is still in my blood because now I buy records and Autograph items (See them on my Feedback) that I never had and a few months late I put them back on eBay. I buy small collections and at times I do still find some gems that bring in some big money. Every person that bought one of these records were notified that if the record is a second pressing, re-issue or bootleg they will get a Full Refund. The person that won the record on End did not pay when he was advised. I have never seen a boot with machine stamped numbers so when I receved eMails no one explained what the difference was. I saw many label scans. I have the 3rd edition of Manship Bootlegs and I was not aware these are new boots. Everyone on here seems to know who the bootlegger is??????? I recently picked up the record on Gold Future for $25 but no one here says it's a boot?? Believe it or not I wrote a book here on Dead Wax numbers and last year it was a best seller. I am not here to sell the book but it's on my website. www.fosland.com. Here are some reviews https://www.fosland.com/BOOKREVIEWS.htm

Now one last point THE HIDDEN BIDDERS. For a while now all my auctions are Private. Not only because of the Scammers but many collectors do not want to be as they say Followed. People follow others so they do not have to search for rare items. Some infact do not want their wives or whoever to know they are spending money (They bid on their Work Computer). I notice many in the UK hice their Feedbacks ??? I use a snipe and win most items I bid on. Know one knows what I bid on since the bid goes in 3 seconds before the auction is over. It is legal on eBay. Bidders do not know who won till the auction is finished. If I lose my name does not show if someone bid higher. If any of yoou have been on eBay since the 90s you will know that items that had Not For Sale on the label were removed from eBay. After a few months and many complaints Promos are now allowed. I do not mention the name Bootleg or rePro unless I am 100% sure it is. I had 2 copies of this record by the Futures. I sold one for $476. I had many eMails from the UK telling me it was a Bootleg???? Now there are sme experts here what do you think. I still have another copy that I am not selling. See attachment.

Any questions please ask.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR

JOE

post-4257-1135211075_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brian Ellis

Hey guys, Joe seems pretty genuine in this post and I think it might be fair to give him chance (after all it is the season of goodwill and all that). OK he might have sold some dodgy discs in the past; if we are to believe him perhaps it was more through ignorance rather than anything malicious.

I'm sure that as he is now a member of SS we can be of some real help to him - and maybe we might be first to know of any big find he comes across.

He is asking for help on the scanned disc in his post - I'm not able to help on that particular record, but I'm sure someone can. Let's show Joe how helpful and supportive the northern scene can be - how about it? :wicked:ohmy.gif

Brian

Social source share

Your right Brian, let's cut a bit of slack here this argument has gone on to long . Personally I have lost interest, but saying that, I will look at future Fosland's auctions but with an open mind in the future. After all he know nows that there are a lot of gend up people over the pond from him and if Fosland has anything about him he will take heed from this and give ALL info out on his auctions.

FOSLAND do the right thing you can always get info on here in the future ,and there are people on here who will only be to willing to help and restore a bit of credit on your behalf biggrin.gif

Social source share

Hey guys, Joe seems pretty genuine in this post and I think it might be fair to give him chance (after all it is the season of goodwill and all that). OK he might have sold some dodgy discs in the past; if we are to believe him perhaps it was more through ignorance rather than anything malicious.

Brian

Agreed. In actual fact, we all were trying to defend the unknowledgable bidders, but looking at both sides of the argument, who says you can't have unkowledgable sellers as well? ph34r.gif

Social source share

Kirby since you are asking about my book and as I mentioned in my post I am not here to sell it. E-mail me your mailing addy and I will send you an autographed copy and for you there is NO charge. My eMail is fosman@optonline.net

And I thank all of you for sharing your thoughts and educating me on Northern Soul.

2 items I have in question before I put them on eBay (Oh and please monitor my eBay) Gold Future GF 1A "Check It Out" The Smith Brothers (SO 9195 5 GB written in the Trail Off Dead Wax). Chess 1832 The Radiants "Father Knows Best" (T-M 0216 11604 written in the Run Off Dead Wax).

Respectfully,

Joe Pecoraro

Social source share

Fosland, I am not a massive collector so have not been drawn into your deliberation... however, I believe that you are a passionate man... if I am wong then god strike me down. I find it quite sad that people choose to jump to conclusions, no matter how educated they may be... innocent until proved guilty is my say so... so sue me!

Fosland, all I can say is, if you're genuine, you will have no illegal actions then you're ok, if you do then karma will catch you up. It's your call mate.

Happy Christmas to you over the pond... conscience is a big thing whistling.gif

Social source share

Well a few good issues raised over the past few Days with the main one being raised by Joe :

Everyone on here seems to know who the bootlegger is???????

So much time is spent worrying on who is selling what to who & who has more copies than they are saying

but we always try to deal with the Symtoms & never seem to tackle the Root Cause of the problem.

Wish I had the Answer for 2006 ??

Seasons Greetings from New Zealand Ian ( Sea, Sun, Surf, & not a pressing in sight)

Social source share

Soulgirl I thank you and you as well have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year. I went to your website and looked at all your Photos ect. very Impressive.

Joe Pecoraro (New York)

Social source share

LOL - You dont need to shout..Im not deaf yet lol. If you want my advice, you will stop defending yourself, you are a lamb to slaughter, albeit possibly an undeserving lamb. The harcore collectors are always after a scapegoat...

happy holidays.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert