Gene Toones Ebay?

Guest the dukester

Guest the dukester

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT SIMCO $100 2 DAYS 10 HRS TO GO ????

Gene Toones-What More Do You Want-Northern Soul 45 Item number: 4719337861

NO FEEDBACK - MEMBER SINCE APR 12/O5 3 DAY LISTING

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE??? biggrin.gif

WORTH A PUNT???

Social source share

• Replies 181
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT SIMCO $100 2 DAYS 10 HRS TO GO ????

Gene Toones-What More Do You Want-Northern Soul 45 Item number: 4719337861

NO FEEDBACK - MEMBER SINCE APR 12/O5 3 DAY LISTING

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE??? :thumbsup:

WORTH A PUNT???

link

listening to this song now

Social source share

Scans look like on the one that went through recently, looks like a pretty obvious scam to me.

link

I just wrote to the seller and asked a straight forward question about stamps / writing in the run out groove. Thought it might give a clue if he has the item or not.

Here's his reply:

Hello,

The price i will ask for it it's 1900USD.If you are ready to buy it,i will need to know all your full details,like your full name and your full address,so we can close the transaction.The transaction will be close using eBay Purchase Protection,and eBay will insured it,all the shipping cost i will pay for it,and will be made using FedEx service,and will take max. 2 working days,and the shipping will be insured.If you are ready to buy it,just mail me all the info i need and we will start this purchase,

Thank you,

Bargepole? :thumbsup:

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

I just wrote to the seller and asked  a straight forward question about stamps / writing in the run out groove. Thought it might give a clue if he has the item or not.

Here's his reply:

Hello,

The price i will ask for it it's 1900USD.If you are ready to buy it,i will need to know all your full details,like your full name and your full address,so we can close the transaction.The transaction will be close using eBay Purchase Protection,and eBay will insured it,all the shipping cost i will pay for it,and will be made using FedEx service,and will take max. 2 working days,and the shipping will be insured.If you are ready to buy it,just mail me all the info i need and we will start this purchase,

Thank you,

Bargepole?  :thumbsup:

Godz

link

Hey Godz,

Funny that cause i contacted him as well to ask a question or two, & guess what reply i got:-

Hello,

Thank you,

Sound's like a very helpful chap.

Social source share

Hey Godz,

Funny that cause i contacted him as well to ask a question or two, & guess what reply i got:-

Hello,

Thank you,

link

Ahh Pottsy,

But is the record you've been offered authenticity? :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share

How about everyone oh here with an ebay account start asking  him a question about it, see what replys he can come up with?

link

Good idea mischief. My question wasn't very technical.... i only asked him which state he lived in.

Let's see if everyone gets the same reply.

Social source share

Maybe worth letting the people bidding on it know.

link

Won't it just get pulled?

If I contact the bidders to tell them it's probably dodgy, it could be argued that I'm trying to sabotage his auction without proof of anything iffy.

If it does get pulled I've probably done 'em a favour anyway :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share

I've just emailed him, so we'll see what reply I get. It's funny that it uses the exact same scans and title as the copy olrecord sold earlier this year. F*ckin idiot, as if we weren't going to notice :thumbsup:

link

Made that plain in my note to eBay Mark :thumbsup:

Have to wait till morning now to see what occurs. Nighty night.

Godz

Social source share

I've just emailed him, so we'll see what reply I get. It's funny that it uses the exact same scans and title as the copy olrecord sold earlier this year. F*ckin idiot, as if we weren't going to notice :thumbsup:

link

its a con

hes offered this to my m8 for £700

he wants a cash transfer

np paypal

he wont answer any questions when my m8 contacts him

he says he bought it off ebay for bout 1200 but now hes skint and needs cash

he wants to use western union transfer

Social source share

Let's just see if i get a reply to this question i've just sent him.

"Hello again, i'm very interested, but i'd like it for $900. Can you confirm it is the rare version with the church choir backing. I would have thought it would be, please let me know a.s.a.p. Thankyou."

Social source share

Why don't we all bid really high - to about ten grand, he thinks he's rolling in it, then the winner doesn't pay! I'm willing to sacrifice 1 neg feedback rating for it :thumbsup:

link

Just sent this e-mail Mark.... a bit of bull but we'll see what response comes back :thumbsup::lol: ....

----------------

I'm in UK but have various contacts all over USA.... if win can I arrange for it to be picked up and cash handed over at that time?.... please let me know....

----------------

Also know one of bidders and let him know :thumbsup: ....

Social source share

The strange spelling reminds me very much of our belgian friend! No native english speaker would write like this, would they (defanitaley some would am sure though I! :thumbsup: )? He has been a member of this forum under various pseudonyms and probably reads the forum from time to time.

Social source share

its a con

hes offered this to my m8 for £700

he wants a cash transfer

np paypal

he  wont answer any questions when my m8 contacts him

he says he bought it off ebay for bout 1200 but now hes skint and needs cash

he wants to use western union transfer

link

No matter how skint you were, wouldn't you put a reserve or more of a grand on to at least stand a chance of getting most of your money back?

Social source share

The so called seller sent me another email with the exact same content as last time (see above), so i replied:-

"Only if it's the rare version with the Church Choir backing. I've always wanted the version with the "soul source church choir" backing, now is it this version, if it is, i want it. Please reply a.s.a.p. Thank you."

Here's his reply!!

"Yes thay are"

:lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

The so called seller sent me another email with the exact same content as last time (see above), so i replied:-

"Only if it's the rare version with the Church Choir backing. I've always wanted the version with the "soul source church choir" backing, now is it this version, if it is, i want it.  Please reply a.s.a.p. Thank you."

Here's his reply!!

"Yes thay are"

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

link

:lol::lol::lol::D:lol:

Social source share

"Only if it's the rare version with the Church Choir backing. I've always wanted the version with the "soul source church choir" backing, now is it this version, if it is, i want it.  Please reply a.s.a.p. Thank you."

Here's his reply!!

"Yes thay are"

link

:good:

Social source share

Here's his reply!!

"Yes thay are"

link

killer!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D

Godz

Social source share

Guest the dukester

GENE TOONES - STILL ON THERE?????????????? :lol: EBAY :lol: BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID.

LINKING THIS TO ANOTHER THREAD, NOW YOU KNOW WHY PEOPLE GO TO JOHN MANSHIP, AT LEAST YOU KNOW ITS THE REAL DEAL, I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH HIM OR THE RECORDS HE COMES UP WITH AND I HAVE BOUGHT AND SOLD THRU HIS AUCTIONS. TOP BLOKE :lol:

Social source share

Most american (and other) sellers on ebay are good and serious people in my experience, I have had few bad experiences. There is a feedback system, use it, and ask questions before the auction end and you'll be alright. If you seriously bid on something like this Gene Toones (without taking precautions and researching a bit) you are simply not very clever, and there is no insurance that will always protect you against your own stupidity.

Social source share

Hey Godz,

Hello,

Thank you,

link

:lol::lol: I got very same reply (word for word) - said I wanted to listen to the record over the phone - reply was:

"Hello,

we will use email."

I reckon it may be our Belgian firned again... :lol:

Rich

Social source share

:D   :lol: I got very same reply (word for word) - said I wanted to listen to the record over the phone - reply was:

"Hello,

we will use email."

I reckon it may be our Belgian firned again... :lol:

Rich

link

Think we all did Rich :lol: .... the query re the "choirboys" is priceless :lol::lol: ....

I tried "an interested party" approach with a "bit of bull".... went like this....

Me via eBay 22.31: Dear yoo04ong, I'm in UK but have various contacts all over USA.... if win can I arrange for it to be picked up and cash handed over at that time?.... please let me know....

Him 22.43: Hello,

Thank you,

Me 22.49: You misunderstood my question.... please answer that which was..... I'm in UK but have various contacts all over USA.... if win can I arrange for it to be picked up and cash handed over at that time?.... please let me know.... Thanks

Him 23.02: I'm in Illinois,Chicago,and all the shipping cost i will pay for it,

Me 23.08: Got family near Chicago and friends nearby so can arrange for one of them to meet you and exchange if I bid and win.... when they are in UK in a month they can fetch.... safer with them than in postal service.... would that be OK.... Thanks

As you can imagine.... still waiting for the latest reply :lol::lol: ....

Social source share

Think we all did Rich :lol: .... the query re the "choirboys" is priceless :lol:   :D ....

I tried "an interested party" approach with a "bit of bull".... went like this....

Me via eBay 22.31: Dear yoo04ong, I'm in UK but have various contacts all over USA.... if win can I arrange for it to be picked up and cash handed over at that time?.... please let me know....

Him 22.43: Hello,

Thank you,

Me 22.49: You misunderstood my question.... please answer that which was..... I'm in UK but have various contacts all over USA.... if win can I arrange for it to be picked up and cash handed over at that time?.... please let me know.... Thanks

Him 23.02: I'm in Illinois,Chicago,and all the shipping cost i will pay for it,

Me 23.08: Got family near Chicago and friends nearby so can arrange for one of them to meet you and exchange if I bid and win.... when they are in UK in a month they can fetch.... safer with them than in postal service.... would that be OK.... Thanks

As you can imagine.... still waiting for the latest reply :lol:   :lol: ....

link

Yeah, the choirboys bit is priceless :lol::lol: What a tool he is!!! I wish we knew where he really was, tossers like him deserve a bloody good kicking. Some people actually bid on that record and the less astute could part with hard earned cash.

I think we should ALL start emailing him en masse so his account gets blocked up - w*nker!! Send 10 emails each and he'll have to trawl through them thinking some are genuinely interested in the "record" :lol:

Rich

Social source share

Yeah, the choirboys bit is priceless  :lol:   :lol: What a tool he is!!! I wish we knew where he really was, tossers like him deserve a bloody good kicking. Some people actually bid on that record and the less astute could part with hard earned cash.

I think we should ALL start emailing him en masse so his account gets blocked up - w*nker!! Send 10 emails each and he'll have to trawl through them thinking some are genuinely interested in the "record"  :lol:

Rich

link

Anybody speak French/Flemish. ?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Avez vous cuppa.... that's about my limit Steve :lol:   :lol: ....

link

Ou est votre premier Spice Girl?

Got me a rebuff from many a lady at the 98 world cup :lol:

Social source share

Ou est votre premier Spice Girl?

Got me a rebuff from many a lady at the 98 world cup  :lol:

link

:lol::lol: ....

Reminds me of the school "exchanges" with France and getting one of the "not so bright" lads in our "gang" to ask this georgeous French lass...."Voulez vous couche avec moi ce soir".... you can guess what he got :lol: ....

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

:lol:   :lol: ....

Reminds me of the school "exchanges" with France and getting one of the "not so bright" lads in our "gang" to ask this georgeous French lass...."Voulez vous couche avec moi ce soir".... you can guess what he got :lol: ....

link

A firm, 'ca plain pour moi', as Delboy would say.

Social source share

Guest dodger

Anybody speak French/Flemish. ?

link

Yes, just mail him and say . . . 'Vous etes un tete de knob et un wipe de arse et un f*cker de votre mere' . . . he should gettez le message. :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Yes, just mail him and say . . . 'Vous etes un tete de knob et un wipe de arse et un f*cker de votre mere' . . . he should gettez le message.  :lol:   :lol:

link

Think I saw you ordering a drink in Playa del Mar a few years ago Rog.

(Very, VERY LOUDLY) 'One-o bottle-o of beer-o pour favour'

And the job was done :lol:

Social source share

Yes, just mail him and say . . . 'Vous etes un tete de knob et un wipe de arse et un f*cker de votre mere' . . . he should gettez le message.  :lol:   :lol:

link

I understand that so he should Roger :lol:

Social source share

Here's his reply!!

"Yes thay are"

link

Someone should ask him if it is the version WITHOUT the Church Choir backing, as you have the rarer Church Choir backing but want the one without....but then again why bother - why no action from E Bay then? :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert