Just posted a parcel and was informed changes due on April 2nd 2013 a new category (small parcel and medium parcel introduced too) here is some info
Changes to our parcel services from Tuesday 2nd April 2013
Choosing the right parcel service is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
We have listened to your feedback and have simplified our parcel services.
From 2 April 2013 you will have a clear choice of delivery options with features designed around you:
- Guaranteed, for important items that must be there the Next Working Day: Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9amâ„¢ and Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pmâ„¢
- Confirmed, for when you need reassurance your item has reached its destination: Royal Mail Signed For 1st Classâ„¢ and Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Classâ„¢
- Standard, perfect for non-valuable items: Royal Mail 1st Class and Royal Mail 2nd Class
These changes are part of significant investment in our parcels business to ensure we deliver the best service for you.
We are introducing two new parcel formats which replace current packets and parcels — Small Parcels and Medium Parcels. Find out more about our parcels changes.
1st Class and 2nd Class parcel prices
- 1st Class Small Parcels prices start from £3.00
- 2nd Class Small Parcels prices start from £2.60
- 1st Class Medium Parcels prices start from £5.65
- 2nd Class Medium Parcels prices start from £5.20
Royal Mail Signed Forâ„¢ parcel prices
- 1st Class Small Parcels prices start from £4.10
- 2nd Class Small Parcels prices start form £3.70
- 1st Class Medium Parcels prices start from £6.75
- 2nd Class Medium Parcels prices start from £6.30
- Postcards to anywhere in the world will cost 88p
- Airmail letters weighing up to 40g will cost £1.28 to Europe
- Airmail letters weighing up to 40g will cost £1.88 to rest of the world — Zones 1 & 2
- International Signed For costs £5.30 per item (in addition to postage)