'in The Groove' @ St Teresa's Southport - Friday 29th May 2009

'IN THE GROOVE' SOUL EVENTS

Everyone please note: For this month only we have changed our night to 29th May 2009.

Quality 60's and 70's soul music. No policies, just a high standard of northern soul, R & B and crossover. From the rarer tunes to the more familiar tunes. Just good soul music played out on a quality sound system in a nice venue with wooden dance floor

DJ'S THIS MONTH:-

PHIL KOWALSKI, IAN CUNLIFFE, FRED KROL, PAT BLEASDALE AND WIGAN PAUL.

From 8pm til 12.30am

St Teresa's Social Club

Upper Aughton Road

Birkdale

Southport

PR8 5JN

Phone Paul on 07772 325206

Edited by steptoe
  • Replies 52
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Blimey Paul, I'm gonna have to get myself organised for this night.....I don't normally get anywhere till 10pm at the earliest.... :no: I'll have to get somebody to give me a kick up the arse.

Looking forward to it though, and Fred will be watering at the mouth with anticipation at getting a chance to spin some crossover and 70's tunes..... rolleyes.gif ..... :D

Phil.

Edited by quinvy

I,m really up for this one lookin forward to DJ,in with the Burnley Hillbillys :lol:

Should be a really good nite with some really great rare soul 45,s spun by Fred & Phil the Burnley Icons

Nice one Ian, but the Burnley Hillbillys, hope Fred dont take offence looks like the sort o bloke you dont say owt wrong to!!! :g::):)

Edited by steptoe

====================================================================

You should know all about baskets Brookesy your one yerself :(:unsure::unsure::unsure:

ohmy.gif:lol: How dare you, young man!! :)

Looking forward to this event, a crackin' DJ line up-------Southport, are you ready for this?? thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to seeing Ian Cunliffe DJ'ing again. Anyone who's not seen him in action....

he goes from this, he's the one on the right.....post-1903-1242173636_thumb.jpg

to this, his stage pseudonym, Angelino...post-1903-1242173693_thumb.jpg

What an act..... cwy-y-y-y-ing over you.....

Edited by quinvy

Looking forward to seeing Ian Cunliffe DJ'ing again. Anyone who's not seen him in action....

he goes from this, he's the one on the right.....post-1903-1242173636_thumb.jpg

to this, his stage pseudonym, Angelino...post-1903-1242173693_thumb.jpg

What an act..... cwy-y-y-y-ing over you.....

===========================================================================

:lol: I would,nt look out of place at the BURNLEY NITER dressed like that would i Chucky :lol:

Everyone please note: For this month only we have changed our night to 29th May 2009.

Quality 60's and 70's soul music. No policies, just a high standard of northern soul, R & B and crossover. From the rarer tunes to the more familiar tunes. Just good soul music played out on a quality sound system in a nice venue with wooden dance floor

From 8pm til 12.30am

St Teresa's Social Club

Upper Aughton Road

Birkdale

Southport

PR8 5JN

Blimey, Kowalski, Krol & Cunliffe ------ sounds like a firm of cowboy builders to me........ :D:lol:

=================================================

With the tunes Fred Krol n Phil K have you could buy Barretts the Builders

gonna be a great nite at the saloon in Southport with these cowboys

tunes to blow yer pants off :(:yes:

=================================================

With the tunes Fred Krol n Phil K have you could buy Barretts the Builders

gonna be a great nite at the saloon in Southport with these cowboys

tunes to blow yer pants off :D:lol:

Yee haaaaa!!

Ride 'em cowboy.............. :yes:

May just mosey along then, pardner........... :(

Been meaning to get along to this night for ages and the change of week means it's looking good.

Great line up too :D

Ian - don't forget to bring the Stunners :thumbsup:

================================================================================

=====

For u my little earth angel anything :thumbsup: Might even play the flip side as well !!!

Looks like its gonna be a good nite over in the posh side of Lancashire !!!

================================================================================

=====

For u my little earth angel anything :P Might even play the flip side as well !!!

Looks like its gonna be a good nite over in the posh side of Lancashire !!!

Its not the posh side of Lancashire, Ian------its the rough side of Merseyside............ :P

Seeings as you are so obliging my little soul icon - any chance of bringing Phil T with you? biggrin.gif

===================================================================

I have asked the Mighty PT but he,s very busy with his new business venture but u never know he might

find a minute to pay a flyin visit :unsure:

Guest SOULBOY45

take no notice of that brookesy ian its nice here :lol:

Hi Paul,

We haven't been out in a while so really looking forward to this month ~ We will definately be there. Great line-up, see you Friday.

thanks tony yes friday is looking good i have spoken to a number of folks that dont post on here who are defo coming .and then folowing week its anglesey going to be worn out by then ,

HI PAUL SORRY CANT GET OVER TO THIS , AS GOING TO A LOCAL DO IN LLANDUDNO ,

BUT IT SHOULD BE A CRACKER WITH THEM THERE BATS LET OUT OF THE BATS CAVE !! :(

STEVE T

:(just put the post code in my sat nav, and it comes up with Southport road???? :thumbup::D

======================================================================

If yer comin early Phil around 8pm we will meet you somewhere and u can follow us down

Sat Navs in Barnoldswick which tractor did you lift that from :lol:

Well, lets hope everyone gets here!!! DJ times are as follows:-

8.00 - 8.30 Wigan Paul

8.30 - 9.30 Pat Bleasdale

9.30 - 10.30 Fred Krol

10.30 - 11.30 Ian Cunliffe

11.30 - 12.30 Phil Kowalski

Probably a good idea putting Ian and Phil on last. A lot like the blind leading the blind :D

Really looking forward to it Paul :thumbup:

======================================================================

If yer comin early Phil around 8pm we will meet you somewhere and u can follow us down

Sat Navs in Barnoldswick which tractor did you lift that from :lol:

You wanna be careful mate, Paul says the locals have set up a whicker basket on the beach, and it's got your name on it. unsure.gif:thumbup:

You wanna be careful mate, Paul says the locals have set up a whicker basket on the beach, and it's got your name on it. unsure.gif:thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put me on a whicker basket and i,ll get my pole out and catch 50lb of Flatties on the beach Phil :lol:biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put me on a whicker basket and i,ll get my pole out and catch 50lb of Flatties on the beach Phil :thumbup::lol:

Substitute the word "ON" for the word "IN" and you are a 50lb flattie. ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

From 8pm til 12.30am

St Teresa's Social Club

Upper Aughton Road

Birkdale

Southport

PR8 5JN

Source Advert