Guest Beeks

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Beeks mate,is this the same version as 45 ??

seem to recall there were two takes out there??

Yes mate...it's the Barbara Dane version on Capitol...slightly more uptempo...this one but obviously on LP

Social source share

No where near as good (or as in demand) as the Trey 3 version.

I hate to disagree Joe...but I really do disagree...this version is far far better IMO

Social source share

I hate to disagree Joe...but I really do disagree...this version is far far better IMO

It's faster, but she doesn't have the 'growl' in her voice on this - it was a sanitised version for Capitols 'pop' audience...

Got both versions on 7" and I know which one I'd keep if I had to choose with a gun to my head.

Social source share

It's faster, but she doesn't have the 'growl' in her voice on this - it was a sanitised version for Capitols 'pop' audience...

Got both versions on 7" and I know which one I'd keep if I had to choose with a gun to my head.

Personal taste Joe

Personally I prefer this one because of the horn additions...it gives a bit of oomph into a quite honestly bland record...lets face it the original version hardly sets the pulse racing...you may like it...but I know a few people who would come down on my side when comparing the two

Social source share

Fair Do's :ohmy:

Still reckon if I offered both copies up for sale the Trey 3 one would fly out before the Capitol one...

You'd be right...but probably because it's rarer...not necessarily better :D

Social source share

Two fucking records and i'll never hear the last of it rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

You're so easy to wind up thumbup.gif

In fact have had a headstone done for you with the tracks already listed on it !!!!!

Hope your good mate, bought anything lately?

ATB

Steve

PS I will be nipping into Hideaway saturday before I go to lifeline to pic a couple of records up off John Kelly, will you be there?

Social source share

You're so easy to wind up :thumbsup:

In fact have had a headstone done for you with the tracks already listed on it !!!!!

Hope your good mate, bought anything lately?

ATB

Steve

PS I will be nipping into Hideaway saturday before I go to lifeline to pic a couple of records up off John Kelly, will you be there?

:lol:

Bought a shed load Ste...skint for next month already haha

Would love to be at the Hideaway but i'm off to the land of my father to see...well...my father...gonna be there for the NYE one though...Mr Billy Kealy is playing :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert