Dodgy Accounts

Mike

year 2009 and still having to deal with people who think just cause they got a hotmail account they can come on here and post "heavy" posts from dodgy account

we do not allow anonymous posts on here

any "heavy" posts from dodgy accounts will be removed

dodgy = perm any of these - no intro, no solid email , no previous activity, no real id

got something "heavy" to say then do it under your own name

ffs

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest POTTERIESPECK

[Know what ou mean MIKE as i gave somebody on here a unpleasant reply on the board with some offensive words. THEN rightly so you gave me the yellow card, to which i was not very happy. you then told me to read the rules + regulations of the board, which i did and then went and buried my head in the sand as i felt a right prune. Just wondered wether at the top of the entrance page to joining the board would you think if you out lined firstly , say in bold red letters that no offensive, abusive or offensive words won't be tolerated. JUST A SUGGESTION + thanks a lot for being so tolerant with me when i unknowingly stept out of line. REGARDS --Pecker

Social source share

Iv said some right ridiculous things on here and felt a right prat afterwards because it was much too personal. Mike if we change our avatar name do we have to reintroduce ourselfs ? Also iv had a few hotmail accounts some in anonymous names for a variety of reasons . Can we sign in anonamously and post ? Not sure what "previous activity" means too. Sincerely Sarahleen.

Social source share

[Know what ou mean MIKE as i gave somebody on here a unpleasant reply on the board with some offensive words. THEN rightly so you gave me the yellow card, to which i was not very happy. you then told me to read the rules + regulations of the board, which i did and then went and buried my head in the sand as i felt a right prune. Just wondered wether at the top of the entrance page to joining the board would you think if you out lined firstly , say in bold red letters that no offensive, abusive or offensive words won't be tolerated. JUST A SUGGESTION + thanks a lot for being so tolerant with me when i unknowingly stept out of line. REGARDS --Pecker

no worries

aim of all moderation is to try and keeps things worthwhile and enjoyable on here

good suggestion but do try and keep things moderation wise flexiable, if had such a warning would then need to enforce it a lot stricter

:lol:

Iv said some right ridiculous things on here and felt a right prat afterwards because it was much too personal. Mike if we change our avatar name do we have to reintroduce ourselfs ? Also iv had a few hotmail accounts some in anonymous names for a variety of reasons . Can we sign in anonamously and post ? Not sure what "previous activity" means too. Sincerely Sarahleen.

way play things is if you post "heavy" posts (eg naming people or similar such as happenend tonite ) then it has to be from a solid id

changing display names shouldn't be a problem as your profile and past posts stay the same

:yes:

Social source share

I've had this discussion a number of times on other unrelated forums (salmon fishing of all things) - I for one don't believe people should not be allowed to join under anything but their real name (the only reason I'm PeteNDave is coz everyone knows us better as that than as David Carne and Peter Whitney) - I know all the arguments against this, but they're all really just mealy mouthed crap... The one thing that cools people down when they get argumentative is knowing that people know who THEY are - it acts as an attitude filter if people realise they will be recognised as being d*ckheads when they start firing off unnecessary abusive crap - I'm sure some people are just angry at the world... it reminds me of road rage the way some people get the pack hunting mentaility (as people who do a lot of motorway driving); some people are just looking for an argument/confrontation all the time in their because they have some pathetic 'the world's not given me a fair crack so I'm gonna teach it/everyone a lesson' attitude - and in a similar way to when people start phillying about on the road they soon calm down when they realise there will be consequences (in the case of drivers, realising that there's two blokes in the car and they might get battered and not some frightened mother with her kids).

Dave

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

year 2009 and still having to deal with people who think just cause they got a hotmail account they can come on here and post "heavy" posts from dodgy account

we do not allow anonymous posts on here

any "heavy" posts from dodgy accounts will be removed

dodgy = perm any of these - no intro, no solid email , no previous activity, no real id

got something "heavy" to say then do it under your own name

ffs

2 weeks on

2 accounts closed

dancer101 - closed as no real id given

robinburnett - closed for security reasons

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!