Wanted: Soundfiles & Scans Of James Lucky Carmichael 45S

Recently, I was contacted by the family of James 'Lucky' Carmichael. They know very little about his early life and would like to find out what they can. He died in 1982. I've provided them with everything I know (which was not much), and included label scans and soundfiles of his Loma 45 'Hey Girl / Blues with a feeling'.

What I don't have to offer are label scans or soundfiles of his three earlier 45's:

Lonesome & Lonely / I'm comin' home - SHAR 4 (1960)

The eleven o'nine (1109) / Better be with me - Dillie 7750 (1960)

Hey girl / Blues with a feeling - Pam (1962) (If I recall correctly, one of these sides has an intro that was cut from the Loma 45)

Can any one assist at all by providing soundfiles and/or label scans of these releases? I know that his widow and family would be exceptionally grateful to have these and to be able to connect with what to them has been a lost musical legacy.

All assistance gratefully received.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Recently, I was contacted by the family of James 'Lucky' Carmichael. They know very little about his early life and would like to find out what they can. He died in 1982. I've provided them with everything I know (which was not much), and included label scans and soundfiles of his Loma 45 'Hey Girl / Blues with a feeling'.

What I don't have to offer are label scans or soundfiles of his three earlier 45's:

Lonesome & Lonely / I'm comin' home - SHAR 4 (1960)

The eleven o'nine (1109) / Better be with me - Dillie 7750 (1960)

Hey girl / Blues with a feeling - Pam (1962) (If I recall correctly, one of these sides has an intro that was cut from the Loma 45)

Can any one assist at all by providing soundfiles and/or label scans of these releases? I know that his widow and family would be exceptionally grateful to have these and to be able to connect with what to them has been a lost musical legacy.

All assistance gratefully received.

sorry the dillie record is destroyed, the other side isn't even worth scanning so much of the label is missing. i will try to record these later for you, pm me if you don't get them from me. pm me your email address.

post-5120-1259792138193_thumb.jpg

post-5120-12597921576177_thumb.jpg

post-5120-12597921750665_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert