Railway Club - Bournemouth

Guest SteveC

good post tim

Dear all- it's kind of you to say these things. I feel this thread probably has gone on too long!. I think we can all learn from each other. I will still support the Railway as I appreciate what the promoters are trying to build there. I personally feel you all have valid points and there are loads of people who can play more diverse sets which would be more suited to the Railway. I think if the thread had started in a positive manner then it would not have not wound me up so much! i.e stating that it was great to see Andy DJing again and playing such top tunes etc. I will still make regular visits to the Railway to see good friends and to educate myself, as I will at other venues across the south coast and the rest of our wonderful land. I do not wish to fall out with anyone as I enjoy chatting to you all at soul nites and that is why I choose to be part of our wonderful scene. Sometimes I take it too seriously but when you've done it for 30 years it's hard not to! I suppose looking at it from a different angle it has been a great advert for the Bournemouth soul scene that so many people care so much about it!

Anyway I promise this will be the last note from me on this subject and with future events my comments will be of a much more positive nature, as it's hard enough for promoters in these recessionary times!

Keep the faith from Matt

• Replies 104
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dear all- it's kind of you to say these things. I feel this thread probably has gone on too long!. I think we can all learn from each other. I will still support the Railway as I appreciate what the promoters are trying to build there. I personally feel you all have valid points and there are loads of people who can play more diverse sets which would be more suited to the Railway. I think if the thread had started in a positive manner then it would not have not wound me up so much! i.e stating that it was great to see Andy DJing again and playing such top tunes etc. I will still make regular visits to the Railway to see good friends and to educate myself, as I will at other venues across the south coast and the rest of our wonderful land. I do not wish to fall out with anyone as I enjoy chatting to you all at soul nites and that is why I choose to be part of our wonderful scene. Sometimes I take it too seriously but when you've done it for 30 years it's hard not to! I suppose looking at it from a different angle it has been a great advert for the Bournemouth soul scene that so many people care so much about it!

Anyway I promise this will be the last note from me on this subject and with future events my comments will be of a much more positive nature, as it's hard enough for promoters in these recessionary times!

Keep the faith from Matt

Guest Chris B

Hi All

Well as a non-dj and only been back on the Northern Soul scene for just over a year.

I would like to thank all you guys out there D'J's and others for your passion at keeping the music going , oldies, rare, modern, latin, whatever at The Railway Club.

It is nice to have a mix of music so that one group can have a rest from dancing/ listening while the others have a go and listen to there preferred choice.

It has been interesting watching the debate and some of you seem to get heated, but hey if you weren't the scene would have probably died a long time ago.

Glad to see that there are lots of comments and views, but we have a way to go before we pass the Blackpool Soul Weekend, at that was 108 comments / 6664 views, but the Railway was only one night.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL YOU GUYS FOR KEEPING THE MUSIC GOING.

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT FARNBOROUGH

All best

P.S. Wigan Brian if you like the Latin stuff I will show you how to do the Cha Cha with Shirley. lol

Guest Dave Mortimore

just cos i voiced my opinion it dont make it right or wrong its my just my opinion and not a slagging off in anyway what so ever :hatsoff2:

anyone got a problem with that lets keep it off this thread and just pm me shades

. Digging yourself out of another big hole, I see. Which is part and parcel of having a point of view. I'm sure no offence was ever intended.

. After our conversation on Saturday, I realized that we're very much similar characters. So far as, we're opinionated (not necessarily the same) and we've got far too much to say for ourselves. Another thing is we're both attached to meek, easy-going, doe-like women. It's true what they say, 'Opposites do attract!'

. Well, we can't help what we're born with. Can we now Bearsy?

. We're just emotional, discerning, highly strung individuals and I suppose some would prefer us to be milder natured? - But most, I'm sure, would probably much prefer to just have us 'Highly Strung!'

. 'From the nearest yard-arm!' :unsure::ohmy::sad::yes:

. This string goes to prove that's there's alot of passion for soul music.

Edited by Dave Mortimore

Source Advert