Gary Rushbrooke

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Chris Waterman

Gary sold up mid-80's and moved on from what i remember. Not sure where he is now thoug. Great DJ, broke many toons

link

Gary now travels home and away with Man U, not really interested in DJing anymore have booked him twice in the the last year and both times he pulled out at the last min, I was gutted but still think he was a top DJ and is top bloke.

Social source share

Very highly underrated dj whistling.gif

Gary packed up dj­ng at Stafford,when Kingy got involved whistling.gif (wonder why) pity really because he was really playing some good stuff at the time,always had some really good laughs with him and Julie(who could drink like a fish!)

responsible for breaking a lot of good tunes early eighties,Bobby Valentine,Lee Bates,Little Stanley(stran) a couple that come to mind from Stafford.

Good taste in music  but really shit in football teams.

Steve

link

=============

was listening to GR from a live tape from wigan just the other day and was just thinkng he was playing way ahead of his time

he had cecil washington,magnetics,custers last band etc spinning in 1980

never really listened to him in the early days as i was just getting into oldies etc but i agree with the others a great underated dj at the time...

always seemed to play his own brand of uptempo stuff...but i dont think hes got the records now has he?

Social source share

I really rated Gary Rushbrooke late days of Wigan.

What happened to him??

Got a couple of tapes of him somewhere,he had some nice stuff. Sherlock Holmes,7th Avenue Aviators,Howard Guyton,etc etc

More happy days  whistling.gif

Pete

link

Great dj, formed my taste through end of Wigan & Rotherham days, different taste from anyone else in those days, he struggled as wasnt appetite for his stuff in early 80's. Would have have been ideal for Stafford when it kicked of properly but as Steve says he just packed in.

Also top bloke, always had time to talk about records.

Dean Anderson still travels to football with him these days I think.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert