Al Green, On The Johnathan Ross Show 18Th June

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest proudlove

Just enjoyed Let's Stay Together by Al Green on the Johnathan Ross Show, and he delivered it so well hit the spot for me, and will try and catch one of his tour dates, anyone else catch it..............

Regards Mall

Just seen it.................Jools Holland on the ivories................Dave Gilmore on guitar...................kinnell

Steve

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Can't beat pure class. Simply one of the greatest vocalists of all time and the soundtrack to my youth. Wow.

Ian D biggrin.gif

One of the tracks when Carole and I got Married................we had a little smooch..........

Social source share

One of the tracks when Carole and I got Married................we had a little smooch..........

Nobody sings the love songs like Al Green Steve thumbsup.gif thought he was great tonight - glad Willie Mitchell told him to sing "cool"

Social source share

Aww. That's so romantic Proudlove. Great stuff mate. A PERFECT song to commence a marriage with. thumbup.gif

Me? Hell, I got laid about a 1000 times with Al in the background. Difficult to fail in those days with Al, Barry, Stevie and Marvin as the late night soundtrack in the early to mid 70's.

If everything else failed, then Al Green's Greatest Hits Vol 1 was a dead cert. I mean, who could fail to be swayed by those songs and that delivery.

38 years later and I still feel exactly the same way. The sign of a great artist in my world..........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Aww. That's so romantic Proudlove. Great stuff mate. A PERFECT song to commence a marriage with. thumbup.gif

Me? Hell, I got laid about a 1000 times with Al in the background. Difficult to fail in those days with Al, Barry, Stevie and Marvin as the late night soundtrack in the early to mid 70's.

If everything else failed, then Al Green's Greatest Hits Vol 1 was a dead cert. I mean, who could fail to be swayed by those songs and that delivery.

38 years later and I still feel exactly the same way. The sign of a great artist in my world..........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Then Jackie Wilson................Higher and Higher............as Carole walked up the aisle..............

Steve

Social source share

Great performance by Al...funny thing is i saw him 10 years ago and i could have sworn his voice had gone, he hummed his way through half of each record!

Chris

Just watched it on i-player.

Yes Al was good, he's still a top performer.

Dave.

Social source share

I was lucky enough to see him sing LST as a new release at The Mardi Gras in Liverpool. He was wearing an ankle length leather coat - dead cool. He said he had a cold but sounded fantastic as you'd expect him to be in his prime. It was actually a quiet night at the club. Incredible that these legends were pretty well taken for granted at the time.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert