Whities From Blighty

Did these ever get plays though ? :thumbsup: ............................Was there a track by The Glitter Band that got plays or is this just urban myth - I certainly don't remember it unless it was The Flamming Emeralds in discuise ??

RECENTLY BOUGHT THE BROTHERHOOD OF MAN OFF PETE SMITH LOVE IT REMINDS ME OF JUNIOR CAMPBELL FROM 72 SWEET ILLUSION , DON,T KNOW IF ITS THE SAME WRITER MUST HAVE A LOOK LATER.

KEV

Social source share

• Replies 67
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

SPENCER DAVIS GROUP- THIS HAMMER- OLD WHEEL TUNE

SPENCER DAVIS GROUP- GIMME SOME LOVIN' -SAME BACKING AS "A LOT OF LOVE" ALA TAJ MAHAL/HOMER BANKS

WYNDER.K.FROG - GREEN DOOR

I DONT KNOW IF THESE COUNT- JESS & JAMES AND THE JJ BAND PORTUGESE PARENTS LIVED IN BELGIUM FOR A WHILE MOVED TO ENGLAND AND RECORDED -" MOVE"- FOR MGM OVER HERE :D:thumbsup: ATB JOHN

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Guest son of stan

From the pub rock era, I mentioned Kokomo the other week. Both of their LPs on CBS were great.

In a similar vein, Cado Belle, "Gotta Love".

And this one from Carol Grimes:

Love it.

Social source share

The Mike Cotton Sound " Soul Serenade "

Lucas and The Mike Cotton Sound " Step Out Of Line " / " Ain't Love Good , Ain't Love Proud "

Brian Auger & The Trinity " Baby Take Me " ( a good record , but more than a passing nod to Tina Britt's " The Real Ting " )

Zoot Money " Big Time Operator "

Frankie & Johnny " I'll Hold You "

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The Mike Cotton Sound " Soul Serenade "

Lucas and The Mike Cotton Sound " Step Out Of Line " / " Ain't Love Good , Ain't Love Proud "

Brian Auger & The Trinity " Baby Take Me " ( a good record , but more than a passing nod to Tina Britt's " The Real Ting " )

Zoot Money " Big Time Operator "

Frankie & Johnny " I'll Hold You "

Malc

julie driscoll and brian auger - don't do it no more -

Social source share

julie driscoll and brian auger - don't do it no more -

Morning Ken .

I had forgotten about " DDINM " ....... put it down to this ungodly hour .

They also did a " gymnastic " ( all over the place ) version of Aretha's " Save Me " .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Wasn't Tony Colton who did I Stand Accused before the Merseys British?

Indeed he was Geoff. He later produced records for the likes of Shirley Bassey.

But I've never heard it called "I Stand Accused Before The Merseys" before. He must have seriously upset the Liverpudlians.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

nicky james-ex MOODY BLUESthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Yep - brilliant! And none other than Nicky James - "So Glad We Made It / I Need To Be Needed" (UK Philips BF 1566). Released April or May 1967.

This is one Nicky James 45 you just don't see anywhere! Most of his stuff is rare, but apart from one copy (which belonged to Pete Myles, played covered up as Bobby Fuknoze), it has totally eluded me. Sadly, Nicky James died of a brain tumour in October 2007, just 64 years of age. As for such an excellent record, well "so glad you made it, Nicky" thumbsup.gif

There's also the original forces' sweetheart, Anne Shelton's "Rome (Wasn't Built in A Day)" on Philips 326530 BF, released in 1962

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Yep - brilliant! And none other than Nicky James - "So Glad We Made It / I Need To Be Needed" (UK Philips BF 1566). Released April or May 1967.

This is one Nicky James 45 you just don't see anywhere! Most of his stuff is rare, but apart from one copy (which belonged to Pete Myles, played covered up as Bobby Fuknoze), it has totally eluded me.

There's also the original forces' sweetheart, Anne Shelton's "Rome (Wasn't Built in A Day)" on Philips 326530 BF, released in 1962

hi gene

i still see pete every now and then..its his fault i love this music

regards moldie

Social source share

hi gene

i still see pete every now and then..its his fault i love this music

regards moldie

Hi Moldie,

Long time no hear! Hope you're well mate. Please give my best to Pete when you see or chat to him again. Keep in touch - drop us a line sometime.

All the best,

Gene

PS - thanks for the 'Ganash' heads-up, Ken! :thumbsup:

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

This is one Nicky James 45 you just don't see anywhere! Most of his stuff is rare, but apart from one copy (which belonged to Pete Myles, played covered up as Bobby Fuknoze), it has totally eluded me. Sadly, Nicky James died of a brain tumour in October 2007, just 64 years of age. As for such an excellent record, well "so glad you made it, Nicky" thumbsup.gif

hi gene, my mate has a copy and played it to me a couple of years ago, so i did some investigation via the web, it is a very hard record to find, i even contacted a guy at brum beat, who`d never come across it, not a british collector in any way but seemed strange as i couldn`t find any info even the discogs, didn`t have any reference to it, love the record-HARRYthumbsup.gif

Social source share

hi gene, my mate has a copy and played it to me a couple of years ago, so i did some investigation via the web, it is a very hard record to find, i even contacted a guy at brum beat, who`d never come across it, not a british collector in any way but seemed strange as i couldn`t find any info even the discogs, didn`t have any reference to it, love the record-HARRYthumbsup.gif

Hi Harry,

Thanks for posting it up - that's the first time I've heard it in 25 years (was a goose-pimple moment when I played it again!).

Hope you, Di and the family are all well - best to all, and hope to catch up soon.

All the best,

Gene

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert