Why Ktf

Guest JimSLH

But its just a black fist Mossy if it was a BP fist it would say bp round the edge and probberly not have KTF.round the edge.nothing to do with wearing black gloves anywere just a fist.............got badges with white fists on fukc all to do with white power,got em with both on whats do they stand for ?...........:ph34r:

My mate had a big one on the bonnet is tiny fiat 125 i think,must admit i felt a bit embaraced.

I'm not going on about any racial aspect to the fist or anything like that Ken.

Its just big fists on t shirts with "keep the faith" on etc - just aint for me.

I think all that is a bit corny and embarrasing for me.

It might have been really cool in the 70s

But I certainly would not go out in a T shirt like that today.

But each to their own,

Like you say Its only a badge

Social source share

• Replies 60
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm not saying I have no intrest in afro american politics and its obvious links to the music, both past and present.

From Curtis Mayfield to Gang Starr - I am fully aware of the continuing problems that these people still face today.

I am expecially intrested in all aspects of afro american culture, music, and the struggle to obtain their basic human rights.

And I have many (non Soul Scene) black freinds.

And if I turned up for a night out with a "black power" fist with "Keep the faith" on it - They would probably think I had finally lost the plot !!!!

(and walk about 30 paced behind me) Thats all I am saying.

As a slogan / emblem for Soul Music fans in 2010 I think its sort of corny

I personally dont get it, and would not wear it !!

I wasn't on the scene in the 70s so I can't get all sentimental about those days.

Just my view

TROUBLE IS WE SEEM TO SE WTF, MORE THESE DAYS THAN KTF :D

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

TROUBLE IS WE SEEM TO SE WTF, MORE THESE DAYS THAN KTF :D

BRI PINCH.

I will tell you what tho , I love the way laverne baker uses the phrase KTF in " im the one to do it"

It just sounds so right in that context.

Social source share

the citations keep the faith thats a classy tune :D

Agreed - effortless and not contrived - in the correct context again !!

I love "Keep the faith" by Bobby Valentin

As a lyric it is great IMO

Edited by mossy
Social source share

is that one in refosoul mossy ?

Just checked and it is - I have it on the Lets turn on LP

It didn't come out on a 45 as far as I know - great banging Latino Soul

Social source share

Guest martyn

I'm not saying I have no intrest in afro american politics and its obvious links to the music, both past and present.

From Curtis Mayfield to Gang Starr - I am fully aware of the continuing problems that these people still face today.

I am expecially intrested in all aspects of afro american culture, music, and the struggle to obtain their basic human rights.

And I have many (non Soul Scene) black freinds.

And if I turned up for a night out with a "black power" fist with "Keep the faith" on it - They would probably think I had finally lost the plot !!!!

(and walk about 30 paced behind me) Thats all I am saying.

As a slogan / emblem for Soul Music fans in 2010 I think its sort of corny

I personally dont get it, and would not wear it !!

I wasn't on the scene in the 70s so I can't get all sentimental about those days.

Just my view

Well I was there in the 70s & I agree with most of your observations .

As for the civil rights movement ,yes it was crucial to the majority of the American soul singers of the 60s . I dispute however that it was crucial to a white British teenager , off of his nut , dancing the night away in a run down music hall 10 years later .I'm not saying we wouldn't have sympathised with their plight had we have been asked , its just that the life of a black American soul singer had about as much relevance to our circumstances as that of an Australian aborigine - None .

Social source share

Well I was there in the 70s & I agree with most of your observations .

As for the civil rights movement ,yes it was crucial to the majority of the American soul singers of the 60s . I dispute however that it was crucial to a white British teenager , off of his nut , dancing the night away in a run down music hall 10 years later .I'm not saying we wouldn't have sympathised with their plight had we have been asked , its just that the life of a black American soul singer had about as much relevance to our circumstances as that of an Australian aborigine - None .

Forget what i said,i've said to much lately.

Social source share

Why or Should it be !!!

In your opinion why is the phrase (Keep The Faith) used with in the scene

this is not because I believe I have the answer but just wondering on different peoples

point of view

Answers on a post card

:hatsoff2:HI ALL...I HAVE READ THIS ARTICLE TOP TO BOTTOM AND IT MAKE A GOOD FOUNDATION DOCUMENT ON BEHAVIORISM, ISAM BEING THE KEY WORD:-

It is my opinion that as some of you have eluded to in the discussion KEEP THE FAITH That what has this to do with the here a now side of things in 2010? and that of UK collectors of rare soul. the answerer is nothing or everything. I would state, that most people on soul source are astute and intellectual, as such statements and comments are based on the individual right to express in the way that thy no best,

And true to there own values a beliefs that we all gather through liefs wonderful travels, when we inherit from parental influences what we base our adult belief on, of coarse on this serendipitous journey ther will be a point when we take check on our belief system, and challenge ourselves to look at the facts again!

And re think and challane where whe & what the bases of our thinking and logic is based on? if it was from a parental figure it is 25% right and true, and 75% of what we believe in was a pack of lies, History is a mans account of what he believes are the true facts. but he could well be lien to you! as History also reveals the more information you receive this is why the BBC NEWS is so respected around the world,

To conclude KEEP THE FAITH, RIGHT ON, SOUL BROTHER, (not SISTER) are Americanisms from the 5ts that are loosely connected to biblical Scriptures, (parental) GOD is DEAD (Adult) thats the truth BEWARE OF QUESTIONS THAT ARE VERY PERSONAL, as they can expose your under belly and never call a fanatic names:boxing:

:lol: Dave Kilworth KTF RIGHT ON

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert