Current Value Please: Joe Simon 45 On Posse

Joe Simon - Are We Breaking Up b/w We're Together (Posse 5010)

Was searching on popsike for prices about a record released by the group 'Posse' and was surprised to see amongst the search results this Joe Simon 45 selling for fairly decent money £69 in March this year and $56 in May.

Is this an accurate reflection of the current selling price for this or just two mad auction results??

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Adam

This was an old Kenny Burrell cover up.(I thinK)

Played at +3 this is a great Modern midpacer, its not that well known methinks and while I thinkit is not rare its worth tracking down, seen it at £80 to £100 but should be able to pick one up cheaper maybe

Time will tell if its picked up on and the price rises as copies either turn up or not as the case may be ????????

Dave Halsall

aka TMIB

Social source share

Adam

Played at +3 this is a great Modern midpacer, its not that well known methinks and while I thinkit is not rare its worth tracking down, seen it at £80 to £100 but should be able to pick one up cheaper maybe

Time will tell if its picked up on and the price rises as copies either turn up or not as the case may be ????????

Dave Halsall

aka TMIB

Think this came out twice, once with 'We're together' and once with 'Baby when love is in your heart' as the flip. Also there are the double a sided demo's of 'Are we breaking up'. It seems that the We're together' backed copy is much harder to find, and this has had some plays, hence the price.

Might be wrong, sure others can add more.

Dave

Dave

Social source share

Adam

Dave Halsall

aka TMIB

Hello Dave,

Long time no see, hope you're looking after my records for me :thumbup:. I noticed a few appeared in your reviews :thumbsup:

After seeing this on popsike I went for a dig through some of my boxes to see if I had a copy, found one and you're right, it is a superb record and I imagine perfect for the modern DJs/dancers. Though I'm badly out of touch with what's happening on the modern side of the scene at the moment!!

I actually found a couple of spares as well so am really after a fair sales price to move them into the hands of new owners. £80 to £100 seems somewhat high, but more research this morning and I'm coming to the conclusion that Dave Thorley is right and this is a lot harder than I thought as he has got it spot on about only being on the issues of 5010. Maybe a sales price of £50-£60 would be about right to get them sold quickly?

Thanks very much for the info and hope to see you soon,

Adam.

Think this came out twice, once with 'We're together' and once with 'Baby when love is in your heart' as the flip. Also there are the double a sided demo's of 'Are we breaking up'. It seems that the We're together' backed copy is much harder to find, and this has had some plays, hence the price.

Might be wrong, sure others can add more.

Dave

Dave

Thanks for that Dave, bit more internet info mining and it seems you're spot on with this info and 'We're Together' is actually fairly hard to get on the 45 release.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert