Johnny Brantley/herman Hitson/sam Williams Hendrix Rip-Offs?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Lobster Madras

Weird.

I just stumbled into a site that lists a load of purported Jimi Hendrix recordings which are in fact by some well-known names on the Soul scene. It seems there was a whole sub-industry in doing Hendrix soundalikes......

My link

Ian D :thumbsup:

Thanks Ian..... I'm a massive Jimi fan and have at least 20 Lp's, some with Herman Hitson , Lonnie Youngblood..

Confirms what I worked out on 2 of my 45's Billy Lamont / Lenny Howard..It's so obviously him on those 2 tracks...

Excellent stuff.

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

That reminds me on a story Dean Parrish once told me. While at Polydor records he was in the studio to record https://www.raresoulm...EPLECHASE/all/1 when all of a sudden the door opened and a young bloke wearing a hat and sunglasses came in asking if it would be okay with the guys when he would join in (to jam). The band and Dean (who plays the guitar himself) said OK and the man joined in. After a few bars everybody had a strange feeling about this stranger and when he took off his glasses and hat they realized it was Jimi.

The guitar on the recording is played by Jimi Hendrix.

Uh, and the lead is nobody else but Dean Parrish. Not only did he produce and write said record, he also sang lead.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

The research that has gone into this site over a number of years has gone a long way into debunking many of the "Hendrix plays on this" stories that people have come up with over the years. I like that there is a bit of info on the Lee Moses/Herman Hitson/ Johnny Brantley wing of things.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert