Ian Parker profile photo

Stoke Sunday Session

Posted (edited)

Well, freezing weather did'nt put a stop to this event. well over a hundred in, which is quite amazing for such a nasty cold day. but things certainly warmed up on that dancefloor!

firstly, a big thanks to Kev for inviting me along to play some tunes, secondly, thanks to Pete & Susan for coming along to support me :lol: (not forgetting Debbie for tolerating me as well :lol: x)

Those who have never been to one of these events, do yourselves a favour and try to make the next one ! A lovely venue with a serious in house sound system (apart from a norman vaughn mic lead that was quickly replaced). A relaxed informal atmosphere with a DJ line up to rival anywhere, absolute legends who played anything and everything, a real across the board mix chosen by the DJ's themselves.

thanks to everyone who danced to my selection of records, i really enjoyed myself. Hopefully all those who attended enjoyed the day as well

IAN

Edited by parkash

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

the sunday sessions are great ! really laid back with a really good mix of sounds .... very good venue , just right for some dancing as well as chilling .. just what we needed after Brighouse friday followed by Samanthas niter saturday lol :thumbsup: ..... you played a nice spot Ian .. and so did all the others for that matter :D second one we have been to and enjoyed both :lol:

ktf pete n' susan

post-7477-0-13921300-1292963698_thumb.jp

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Well, freezing weather did'nt put a stop to this event. well over a hundred in, which is quite amazing for such a shitty cold day. but things certainly warmed up on that dancefloor!

firstly, a big thanks to Kev for inviting me along to play some tunes, secondly, thanks to Pete & Susan for coming along to support me :thumbsup: (not forgetting Debbie for tolerating me as well :D x)

Those who have never been to one of these events, do yourselves a favour and try to make the next one ! A lovely venue with a serious in house sound system (apart from a norman vaughn mic lead that was quickly replaced). A relaxed informal atmosphere with a DJ line up to rival anywhere, absolute legends who played anything and everything, a real across the board mix chosen by the DJ's themselves.

thanks to everyone who danced to my selection of records, i really enjoyed myself. Hopefully all those who attended enjoyed the day as well

IAN

play list please :hatsoff2:billy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Billy, i can remember a few tunes i played :

Bobby Garrett - i cant get away

Major Lance - The Beat

The Isley Bros - Thats the way love is

Spyder Turner - I cant make it anymore

Edwin Starr - I have faith in you

Susan Barratt - Whats it gonna be

The Sapphires - slow fizz

Bob Brady - Everybodys goin to a love in

Roscoe Shelton - Running for my life

and a few more ive forgotten hatsoff2.gif

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Billy, i can remember a few tunes i played :

Bobby Garrett - i cant get away

Major Lance - The Beat

The Isley Bros - Thats the way love is

Spyder Turner - I cant make it anymore

Edwin Starr - I have faith in you

Susan Barratt - Whats it gonna be

The Sapphires - slow fizz

Bob Brady - Everybodys goin to a love in

Roscoe Shelton - Running for my life

and a few more ive forgotten hatsoff2.gif

Thanks; nice dance ones there, young lady :yes:billy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

:)laugh.gif

Billy......... ' twas me who played em. IAN hatsoff2.gif

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

laugh.gif:thumbsup:

Billy......... ' twas me who played em. IAN :)

opps rolleyes.gif

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

thanks to Pete & Susan for coming along to support me thumbsup.gif

No problem Ian ! hope to see you n' Debbie in Feb when it's my turn at the sunday session biggrin.gif ... will you be coming too Billy ? :)

pete n' susan ktf

post-7477-0-04853200-1293049022_thumb.jp

Share this forum post

soul source url
    • 1 / 399
    • XSS on 18 Jan 2011
  1. Stoke On Trent-Sunday Soul Session
    Events Archive by Goldsoul on Mon 09 Aug 2010
    • 1 / 207
    • The Golden 101 on 09 Aug 2010
  2. Stoke On Trent-Sunday Soul Session
    Events Archive by Goldsoul on Sun 22 Aug 2010
    • 10 / 713
    • The Golden 101 on 18 Sep 2010
  3. Stoke Sunday Session
    Lookbacks Archive by Goldsoul on Sun 19 Sep 2010
    • 2 / 471
    • Nige Brown on 20 Sep 2010
  4. Stoke Sunday Soul Session
    Events Archive by Goldsoul on Mon 15 Nov 2010
    • 18 / 1031
    • daz mc on 21 Nov 2010
  5. Stoke On Trent-Sunday Soul Session
    Events Archive by Goldsoul on Thu 02 Dec 2010
    • 18 / 1294
    • S Foster on 20 Dec 2010

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.