Southampton Soul Club

Good afternoon Soulies...:thumbsup:

Happy New Year To You All....:thumbsup:

I would like to start off by saying a massive massive thankyou to you all...we had soulies from far & wide...the two rooms were buzzing from start to finish...

All the dj's played blinders...they came played there choons and delivered...the balance for the night was spot on...two rooms giveing ppl the option in what they wanted to listen to...a top top night indeed...

Once Again A Massive Thankyou To You All For Makeing It A Fantastic New Years Eve Party...

Alfie

A fantastic night had by all...

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

first off we just wanna say a big WELL DONE and thanks to Alfie for a brilliant night, Myself & Marie had a brilliant night and my friends from Medway did too and wanted to pass on their thanks too :thumbsup:

2 rooms over 2 floors and a good turn out of Soulies and IMHO it looked like everyone was having a great time, the atmosphere was superb and the music was superb too on both floors, we arrived to Chilli spinning to be followed by Geordie Neil, Ray New and then the Kelly`s who all played superb music which had me downstairs for about an hour before i had to move upstairs cos knowing i was to be djn up ther i wanted to know what was being played as you do and with Tim playing what Tim does best great quality tunes and many with a Funky edge to them, next up was the Soul Sisters and what a great choice of Soul music they played and played wth smiles, dancing and from mthe heart which is fantastic to see :thumbsup: Tony Castle upped the tempo quite a bit and really carried on from where the others before had started and kept the floor busy and atmosphere buzzing which made life so much more easier to dj and then it was my turn and hopefully i could carry on the buzz and looking at the dance floor reaction and thumbs up i think i did the night justice, New Year was upon us before we know it and then Wigan Brian did histhing and gave the dancers no respite like all djs previous, next up i think was Tim playin tunes we know for once lol great set and perfect for that time of night, Soul Sisters again and again spot on tunage with the same enthusiam as earlier, i think somehwere inbetween Alfie played a few tunes but was mainly being the promoter and giving his records a rest for the night and before we know it thew time had come the night was at the end and Marie needed taking home cos she had one too many Sambuccas and the sick bucket was a calling :yes:

couldnt think of a better way to spend New Year arriving with so many great friends and great Soul music,

ps, the modern/Motown/Philly room was top notch and would loved to of spent a tad longer down there but cant be in 2 rooms at once :yes:

thankls to you all and see you all again somewhere soon,

Brilliant Brilliant night

atb

Bearsy & Marie

BEARSY --THE NEW DAVE MORTIMORE OF REPORTING ON A SOUL DO - NEARLY ! NOT MUCH TO ADD TO A SPOT ON REVIEW ,

I TOO SPENT THE MAJORITY OF THE NIGHT IN THE MODERN /PHILLY ROOM ,PLENTY OF NOSTALGIA GOING AROUND BUT I DID SPEND AGES GOING UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS CHECKING OUT WHAT WAS BEING PLAYED IN BOTH ROOMS ,AS I HAD SLOTS IN BOTH ,AND DIDNT WANT TO DUPLICATE ANYTHING BEING PLAYED , HOPE I DIDN`T

WAS GREAT TO SEE BIG GEORDIE NEIL GETTING HIS CHANCE BEHIND THE DECKS ,IN THE SOUTH . YOU DIDN`T DISAPOINT ,YOUR MIKE WORK IS SPOT ON :thumbsup:, SORRY WE CLASHED WITH OUR SETS ,NEXT TIME MATE , TOTTON ALDAYER ?????????

ALL THE D.J.s DID THEMSELVES PROUD AND BOTH DANCE FLOORS WERE BUSY ALL NIGHT

AN EVEN BIGGER PAT ON THE BACK TO ALFIE & RUTH ANOTHER TOP TOP NIGHT. WELL DONE AND BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU PUNTERS WHO TURNED UP AND DANCED THE NIGHT AWAY ,WITHOUT YOU GUY`S THE NIGHT IS NOTHING

ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR !

WIGANBRIAN .

Thanx guys for your reviews on the night...thumbsup.gif looks & sounds like you had a ball...:lol:

Your not wrong about the Dj's They all played blinding sets...

Was on the phone earlia to Geordie Neil & Ginger Dave & Not forgetting Mr Smithers...all were saying what a top night it was...

A few thanks must go out to the ppl who helped behind the sceans...Chilly,Ruth,Laura,Beasy & the Kellys and not forgetting John the Manager of Mavericks...

your all stars...:lol:

Alfie

Dear All

As noted on the other link, top night with a nice friendly crowd. I think the organisers and dj's did us proud with a wide range of tunes- happy new year to you all- well worth the trip- ktf in 2011!

Hi Matt , it was nice to see you again, but you disappeared quite early ,i think , what time did you leave ? nice win for the city (Bristol) boys if you left early you missed a top top night , hope to see you soon mate !

Brian.

Guest GingerDave

Good afternoon Soulies...:yes:

Happy New Year To You All....:thumbsup:

I would like to start off by saying a massive massive thankyou to you all...we had soulies from far & wide...the two rooms were buzzing from start to finish...

All the dj's played blinders...they came played there choons and delivered...the balance for the night was spot on...two rooms giveing ppl the option in what they wanted to listen to...a top top night indeed...

Once Again A Massive Thankyou To You All For Makeing It A Fantastic New Years Eve Party...

Alfie

Kim and I would like to thank Alfi and the rest of the crew for organising a fantastic night. We were spoilt for choice with two rooms of top soul...... we were'nt disappionted :yes:

Southampton Soul Club is one of our top places to go from Southend....... Kim is especially looking forward to the May Bank holiday alldayer. We would have stayed to the end but Kim :no: was sheaded!!!! LOL

HAPPY 2011 TO YOU ALL:lol:

Ginger Dave

Guest BintofSoul

BintofSoul sister's and JB had a fantastic time. The fabulous soulie peeps made it a great night. Excellent tunes played throughtout the night by all the DJ's. Thanks for the very generous words Bearsy, Sis and I love it!

It was great to see Simon, Jackie, GingerDave, Kim, Helen and Bob Snow and his soulie gang who stayed in the Premier Inn with us. Well done to Alfie and Ruth for organising another hugely successful Southampton Soul Club event. Brilliant.

Nicki XXXX

Guest RussianJo

Would´nt of wanted to spend my New Year´s Eve with anyone other than SSC....we had a great night and enjoyed seeing everybody bring in 2011. Here´s to you all and may the new Year be Soulful for us all.....ktf :hatsoff2: Alfie & the gang................you did good xxxxxxxxxx

Source Advert