Boogaloo Club

Guest samuisoul

Guest Little Ian!

yes ian i did post that last month as it was the truth....and yes you did let me play for almost two hours which i was very grateful for and i also posted a you tube to show what a good time ppl had.......i also posted what a warm welcome ppl recieved from yourself and ciara which again was the truth.....are you upset with anything ive posted in this months lookbacks?

pity i was the only person who did bother too post apart from martin...if ppl accept good reviews then they have to accept bad ones too as warren posted

i never complained about the sound at all..in fact i never complained about anything and in this months lookbacks i havent said anything untrue either

i just posted an opinion and nothing else

moldie

i was glad you played for nearly 2 hrs and enjoyed every minute :thumbsup: not upset :thumbsup: we were so busy before xmas thats why we didn't get back to your post sorry (poor excuse i know) and also yours and other pm's.

I did say to ciara ,warren should hire you to promote boogaloo

Edited by Little Ian!
  • Replies 105
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Having read through the lookback thread I'd comment on the following.

Ciara & Ian are two of the loveliest people you could wish to meet. If they were a little late in arriving I'm sure they had perfectly good reasons, and god forbid it should ever become a crime. When I arrived all the equipment was set up and ready to go.

As it's a new venue it will obviously take a little time to settle in. I do think it could do with a larger sound system as it's a bigger space/layout than the King William IV.

Warren & Karen were missed on the night. They are great hosts and I can understand how they not being in attendance can affect proceedings somewhat.

I thought the quality of tunes was very good all night. Little Ian's warm up was well thought out and if I hadn't been rifling through Little Jon's sales boxes I would have been on the dancefloor for most of it. Chad Fredrick was very classy just as I thought he would be. Big Ian played some belting tunes, although some were from Soul City reissues & Carvers.

The dancefloor at the old Boogaloo never got going until late on and was much easier as it was a smaller space.

All credit to Warren as he always allows the dj's he books to have free reign. Long may that continue. It's not so easy at times to break new tunes to soul night people and you can't please eveyone all the time. I really enjoyed it!

Saturday wasn't the best night I've ever had at Boogaloo, but it certainly wasn't the worst. This is still one of the best venues in S. London for a soul night and deserves to be supported even though it's going through teething problems.

Last of all I think soul clubs that have longevity, change, adapt, incorporate new aspects. Boogaloo has always done this in the 7-8 yrs I've been attending. If this isn't so we should all get our handbags out now and form a circle.

To all involved in Boogaloo a big well done for getting this far...long may it continue...The Little Soul Club That Could!

Regards

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

i was glad you played for nearly 2 hrs and enjoyed every minute :P not upset :yes: we were so busy before xmas thats why we didn't get back to your post sorry (poor excuse i know) and also yours and other pm's.

I did say to ciara ,warren should hire you to promote boogaloo

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i do have a flyer club running and have done promotional videos for ppl but its all done for free

just had a message from the starter of the thread and hes going to give boogaloo another try but may well be in disguise

keep an eye out for him

post-18760-0-54948500-1294778361_thumb.j

Guest Little Ian!

Having read through the lookback thread I'd comment on the following.

Ciara & Ian are two of the loveliest people you could wish to meet. If they were little late in arriving I'm sure they had perfectly good reasons and god forbid it should ever become a crime. When I arrived all the equipment was set up and ready to go.

As it's a new venue it will obviously take a little time to settle in. I do think it could do with a larger sound system as it's a bigger space/layout than the King William IV.

Warren & Karen were missed on the night. They are great hosts and I can understand how they not being in attendance can affect proceedings somewhat.

I thought the quality of tunes was very good all night. Little Ian's warm up was well thought out and if I hadn't been rifling through Little Jon's sales boxes I would have been on the dancefloor for most of it. Chad Fredrick was very classy just as I thought he would be. Big Ian played some belting tunes, although some were from Soul City reissues & Carvers.

The dancefloor at the old Boogaloo never got going until late on and was much easier as it was a smaller space.

All credit to Warren as he always allows the dj's he books to have free reign. Long may that continue. It's not so easy at times to break new tunes to soul night people and you can't please eveyone all the time. I really enjoyed it!

Saturday wasn't the best night I've ever had at Boogaloo, but it certainly wasn't the worst. This is still one of the best venues in S. London for a soul night and deserves to be supported even though it's going through teething problems.

Last of all I think soul clubs that have longevity, change, adapt, incorporate new aspects. Boogaloo has always done this in the 7-8 yrs I;ve been attending. If this isn't so we should all get our handbags out now and form a circle.

To all involved in Boogaloo a big well done for getting this far...long may it continue...The Little Soul Club That Could!

Regards

Kev

kev don't know what to say "thought you had abandoned the thread" a not that bad nite has come across (early on,on this thread) as being complete shite with a poor sound system and crap bootleg records being played. I think it was a difficult nite,a good crowd in but only knowing a small amount weren't really sure what would please. As i said in my oridgnal post it didn't get going til rear end of your set.

As you said chad played some nice bits albeit the bar was being more appreciative at taking money than people dancing "shame" .

What can i say about Big Ian my old sparring partner,plays crowd favourites and will always be a winner with most. Also not been about for a few years.

I want to mention steve clegg as is always there and very rearley fails to pull bodys to the floor.

What draws me to boogaloo month in month out is good the varied tunes a bit of banter and the amount of people that help out in a crisis(like last month when the sound did go pear shape for a while) thanks moldie and mischief for your help.

Warren returns for the next boogaloo so all rants and abuse can be directed at him :thumbsup: can't wait

kev looking forwards to a guiness at st pats :thumbsup: and thanks for the Heart trouble

Little Ian

Guest Little Ian!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i do have a flyer club running and have done promotional videos for ppl but its all done for free

just had a message from the starter of the thread and hes going to give boogaloo another try but may well be in disguise

keep an eye out for him

can you turn the picture the other way up? i'm sure i reconize him

kev don't know what to say "thought you had abandoned the thread" a not that bad nite has come across (early on,on this thread) as being complete shite with a poor sound system and crap bootleg records being played. I think it was a difficult nite,a good crowd in but only knowing a small amount weren't really sure what would please. As i said in my oridgnal post it didn't get going til rear end of your set.

As you said chad played some nice bits albeit the bar was being more appreciative at taking money than people dancing "shame" .

What can i say about Big Ian my old sparring partner,plays crowd favourites and will always be a winner with most. Also not been about for a few years.

I want to mention steve clegg as is always there and very rearley fails to pull bodys to the floor.

What draws me to boogaloo month in month out is good the varied tunes a bit of banter and the amount of people that help out in a crisis(like last month when the sound did go pear shape for a while) thanks moldie and mischief for your help.

Warren returns for the next boogaloo so all rants and abuse can be directed at him :yes: can't wait

kev looking forwards to a guiness at st pats :thumbsup: and thanks for the Heart trouble

Little Ian

I was just waiting for the dust to settle Ian. Nothing wrong with Boogaloo that a bit of tweeking won't put right and Warren certainly knows how to tweek! I didn't mean to leave Steve out, just that he blends in so well.

A good venue/dancefloor and cheep beer for London.

A pint or two at St Pat's you'll be most welcome to.

As for the Heart Trouble :thumbsup: as a friend once said only George Clinton and co could make a perfectly fantastic detroit record about Plumbing!

best

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

Source Advert