Hydro Soul Club - Newton Aycliffe

What can I say. As a promoter, northern soul fan, dancer and DJ these sort of nights come together every now and again.

We had people through the doors before I even had the sound system booted up. Dance floor busy from 7:45 p.m. and continued throughout the night.

Capacity was breached but not uncomfortably so. Those without seats didn't complain, they just got into the feel of the night.

IAN GEE top oldies DJ "did the business", as always, with a superb set from 10:15 through to 11:45. Uptempo, in your face, if you can't keep pace sit a couple out and enjoy the sounds. This guy makes the place buzz.

Clare and Ian Gee are always welcome at the Soulful Shack as are the people who travelled up to support Ian. Jo and Dave from Stockport, thanks for the effort and also the people who travelled from Nottingham, Wales, Northumberland, Hartlepool, Chester le Street, Bishop Auckland, Darlington, Middlesborough - and the one or two who came in from Aycliffe - thanks for the support which as always is very much appreciated.

My only regret was that I had to spend too much time behind the bar helping out when I would have preferred to be on the dance floor.

The raffle toward the British Heart Foundation brought in £165 which takes the total so far over £400. Thanks to those who donated prizes and to those who bought tickets.

TICKETS FOR NEXT MONTHS 8th ANNIVERSARY NIGHT (May 28th) - £3, ARE ON SALE. GOING FAST. GINGER TAYLOR MAIN GUEST.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

What can I say. As a promoter, northern soul fan, dancer and DJ these sort of nights come together every now and again.

We had people through the doors before I even had the sound system booted up. Dance floor busy from 7:45 p.m. and continued throughout the night.

Capacity was breached but not uncomfortably so. Those without seats didn't complain, they just got into the feel of the night.

IAN GEE top oldies DJ "did the business", as always, with a superb set from 10:15 through to 11:45. Uptempo, in your face, if you can't keep pace sit a couple out and enjoy the sounds. This guy makes the place buzz.

Clare and Ian Gee are always welcome at the Soulful Shack as are the people who travelled up to support Ian. Jo and Dave from Stockport, thanks for the effort and also the people who travelled from Nottingham, Wales, Northumberland, Hartlepool, Chester le Street, Bishop Auckland, Darlington, Middlesborough - and the one or two who came in from Aycliffe - thanks for the support which as always is very much appreciated.

My only regret was that I had to spend too much time behind the bar helping out when I would have preferred to be on the dance floor.

The raffle toward the British Heart Foundation brought in £165 which takes the total so far over £400. Thanks to those who donated prizes and to those who bought tickets.

TICKETS FOR NEXT MONTHS 8th ANNIVERSARY NIGHT (May 28th) - £3, ARE ON SALE. GOING FAST. GINGER TAYLOR MAIN GUEST.

So this Ian Gee is pretty good then Kev:thumbsup:

Morning Boys

With the state I'm in, I sometimes dont know who I am. Seriously what a great do and Pete if you have'nt been up there it is well worth the visit.

Great little club full of genuine people who love Northern Soul served as it should be who dont mind the odd forgotten gem.

Always love to be invited up to do a spot for hosts Kevin and Ann who are probably two of the country's top dancers. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can get up there again if Kevin can sort his date clashes out.

Once again many thanks Kev, see you soon.

KTF

Ian G

Source Advert