2011-07-30: Crossfire 18 Allnighter

Event Title: CROSSFIRE 18 ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: docrobert

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 30 July 2011

-------------------------------------------------

The next Crossfire will take place on Saturday 30 July with another killer DJ line-up for your dancing pleasure. A two-roomed affair just for this one with Northern Soul classics in the main room, and Mod/R&B club sounds in Venue 2. Huge wooden dancefloor, record dealers welcome and all night bar.

6a010536d09bf4970c01538e8448a6970b-500wi

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Guest RachelY

Looking forward to this and seeing old friends for a catch up and a dance.

Really like this venue and the dance floor is great - just love that bouncer Ady - what a great job he does!!

Dancing shoes at the ready - See you on the dance floor people

Safe journeys

RAY

xx

Guest Ste Brazil

Can't make this one as we are at the 'Summer in the parks' alldayer on the Sunday, but if you haven't been before just give it a go, you are guaranteed a top night, great music and a good mixed crowd including a lot of the younger soulies / Mods etc etc from the UK and abroad - along with all the usual old gits of course! :)

Ste.

Guest Mrs Simsy

DJ times

11-12 Ady

12-1 Val

1-1.45 Sean

1.45-2.30 Rog

2.30-3.15 Mark

3.15-4 Ady

4-4.30 Sean

4.30-5 Rog

5-5.30 Mark

5.30-6 Horace

Merci

See you later! :D

Guest Mrs Simsy

See you later! :D

Well...

I really enjoyed last night. Not as packed as i've seen it previously but still plenty in. Air con in the main room was a dream and it looked as though the dancers appreciated it-especially when Sean Chapman took the wheels of steel! :lol:

It was a pefect night for people watching too, the young mods in their dapper suits cut a smart figure across the floor. The newbies dancing like no one was watching and looking like they were having the time of their lives! The accomplished acrobats spinning and dropping and in general the floor was full but with space to dance which is just the way i like it! :D

Enjoyed all of the DJs offerings, forgotton oldies from across the 60's and 70's, hammered plays which still sound fantastic and a few stompers which i'd never heard before. Perfect mix in my opinion.

Must say though, man of the match was definately Mr Sean Chapman. The energy and atmosphere that he creates single handedly is amazing! He also has a fantastic record collection which obviously helps! :D

Popped my head into the RnB room a few times too which was rocking. :wink:

Lasted until about 4.45 when we had to admit defeat and drive home whilst i could still keep my eyes open. :yes: I'll pop some pictures up soon. Big thanks to Ady C and Rob Bailey (and those behind the scenes) for a great night. :)

Guest RachelY

Have to agree with the above statement.

We all had a great night. Really nice to catch up with friends, old and new.

I moved between the main room and the RnB room to catch the best of both.

Hopefully see everyone at the next one.

TC RAY xx

Mark did a great job after scaring me by kickingoff with On The Brink a bit too loud and distorted but once he was under way he was excellent playing several very good tracks that are probably hardly ever played out in the Smoke, along with stonewall killers. Sean was top notch and got the crowd rocking while Val, Roger and myself had great fun reliving our faded memories.

We were very happy with the Northern room which for once shaded the R & B room, they weren't used to not being in a dungeon

Great dancers and a fun very worthwhile night.

Cheers chaps and chapesses

ady

Source Advert