On The Soul Side - Loft Bar, Bournemouth Uni. June 18Th

Well another "On The Soul Side! has been and gone and we had another night of quality soul music and an up for it crowd. :lol: :lol:

My partner at The Uni - Viv, unfortunately couldn't make this night due to family committments and I for one missed her.I would like to personally say a Big Thank You to Mandy and Ann for stepping in and helping with the door duties.Much appreciated.:lol: :lol:

Musically it was yet another night of quality soul played by our guests - Dave Bentley and Jo Wallace and our residents Danny and Mischief plus myself .

Our next one is August 20th when we have the original Cagneys "Soul Side" promoter Jason Desmond and Wareham's finest Martin Adams joining us behind the decks.

A massive thanks to all our regulars and the new faces we see for making us what we are.

Edited by Dave Morris
  • Replies 8
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Mortimore

. Thanks Dave, for providing yet another warm and sociable night of soul at Bournemouth University.

. I was quite occupied in life's conversations and the hurdle I have to face this week, so I didn't really focus on the music being played during the first half of the evening and hence, I won't be doing my normal generalized report about proceedings.

. I just remember picking up on bits and pieces of music hear and there, without really looking to who was playing what, except for the couple of requests that came my way. It was a busy night in many ways.

. All I will say is that being the host, you're always on last, which means you can't really play some of those blistering stompers that you have tucked away. They need to be played during the height of an evening, which will only happen when you're doing a guest spot somewhere else.

. With this in mind, I've earmarked your appearance at The Blue Lagoon in November as a must. I've spoken to Paul & Jamie Bedford and others with a taste for such high tempo music and we're all going to hook up on the night. So that'll be the time to pull them out to get the desired response. The list of requests will be long, but I know that Oldies like Joe Hicks - Don't it make you'll feel funky, Al Wilson - Help me and Johnny Sayles - I can't get enough will be right up there. Hopefully you'll be able to pick out and mix a few in amongst the more acceptable mid-tempo stuff that has to be played.

. I'll PM you some time to let you know how I'm getting on.

. I would like to say thanks for everyone who showed their concern and support. We're like one large extended happy family at the university.

. I look forward to seeing you all again soon, Dave

Really good nite as normal, well organised and some top tunes played. Always a friendly get together of like minded soulies. As noted previously on this site, if you haven't been to the Uni soul nites yet please get down there as it's well worth a visit! ktf and hope to catch you for the next one to see some top mates Djing.

Guest soulcamper

Dave Viv and Crew

Another excellent nite at the Uni - 101% enojoyment biggrin.gif

The contrasting styles of the two guests (Jo & Dave ) deffo complemented each other.

Loved JG Watson - Aint Gonna Move - right in todays groove with the R n B flava and not heard it out for a while.

Dave, Danny and Mischeif consistently do a great job mixing old/new & 6ts / 7ts seamlessly.

The Uni is going from strength to strength and Dave and crew keep coming up with a great mix of true soul music - with quality guests from all aspects of the rare soul scene, (apart from when i'm on the decks :no: ).

And the place has a friendly relaxed welcoming atmosphere with a fantastic regular crowd.

'What More Do You Want' from a Soul Nite?

Make a date for the August nite - its not too far away......

The Camper :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yes:

Edited by soulcamper

. Thanks Dave, for providing yet another warm and sociable night of soul at Bournemouth University.

. I was quite occupied in life's conversations and the hurdle I have to face this week, so I didn't really focus on the music being played during the first half of the evening and hence, I won't be doing my normal generalized report about proceedings.

. I just remember picking up on bits and pieces of music hear and there, without really looking to who was playing what, except for the couple of requests that came my way. It was a busy night in many ways.

. All I will say is that being the host, you're always on last, which means you can't really play some of those blistering stompers that you have tucked away. They need to be played during the height of an evening, which will only happen when you're doing a guest spot somewhere else.

. With this in mind, I've earmarked your appearance at The Blue Lagoon in November as a must. I've spoken to Paul & Jamie Bedford and others with a taste for such high tempo music and we're all going to hook up on the night. So that'll be the time to pull them out to get the desired response. The list of requests will be long, but I know that Oldies like Joe Hicks - Don't it make you'll feel funky, Al Wilson - Help me and Johnny Sayles - I can't get enough will be right up there. Hopefully you'll be able to pick out and mix a few in amongst the more acceptable mid-tempo stuff that has to be played.

. I'll PM you some time to let you know how I'm getting on.

. I would like to say thanks for everyone who showed their concern and support. We're like one large extended happy family at the university.

. I look forward to seeing you all again soon, Dave

Dave,good luck with this week and we'll catch up with you soon.All will be fine as you're in good hands.Send me your requests and i'm sure i'll be able to fit some of them in at The Blue Lagoon.

Didn't realise that Jan loved the Bill Withers track i played.Hope all goes well and will speak soon.

Really good nite as normal, well organised and some top tunes played. Always a friendly get together of like minded soulies. As noted previously on this site, if you haven't been to the Uni soul nites yet please get down there as it's well worth a visit! ktf and hope to catch you for the next one to see some top mates Djing.

Matt, thanks for the kind words.Glad you Hutch and Barry enjoyed it.How was sleeping beauty when you got him home?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top night as usual :P:thumbsup: :thumbsup: , great mix of music and great company from the friendliest club i've known :yes: , big thanks to Dave, Danny, Mischief,Dave B and Jo for some cracking tunes (great to hear The Themes Jo :thumbsup: ) can't wait for the next one

Gary, you're not wrong mate.We try to have a friendly ambience with some superb tunes for you to enjoy.Catch up soon mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave Viv and Crew

Another excellent nite at the Uni - 101% enojoyment :D

The contrasting styles of the two guests (Jo & Dave ) deffo complemented each other.

Loved JG Watson - Aint Gonna Move - right in todays groove with the R n B flava and not heard it out for a while.

Dave, Danny and Mischeif consistently do a great job mixing old/new & 6ts / 7ts seamlessly.

The Uni is going from strength to strength and Dave and crew keep coming up with a great mix of true soul music - with quality guests from all aspects of the rare soul scene, (apart from when i'm on the decks :lol: ).

And the place has a friendly relaxed welcoming atmosphere with a fantastic regular crowd.

'What More Do You Want' from a Soul Nite?

Make a date for the August nite - its not too far away......

The Camper :thumbsup::thumbsup::yes::no:hatsoff2.gif

Alan,couldn't have put it better myself.The crowd are the people that make it although the music helps :yes: .August is looking to be another cracking night with Martin and Jason gracing the decks.

Source Advert