Gerri Grainger & Co

purist

Okay we all know that records are sometimes like the old saying about buses (one doesnt come along for ages then three come at once) but just lately I seem to have seen this happen more and more. For example maybe 10-12 copies of "I Go To Pieces" on the usual Bell demo 969 in just over a week, and there were some the weeks beforehand. Also seen lots of copies of The Squires on Gee, even several Billy Sol on Domar all in the same week, etc. Is this just coincidence ? is it boxes have turned up? or is it dealers jump on the bandwagon when they think someone sold one for a decent amount and decide that this 45 is now " hot " (and they're not ! )

Are we preprogrammed to notice multiple copies of records only when the sale price exceeds £400 ? (like Four Tracks, Danny Moore, etc) and therefore do these £70-£250 type multiple records slip by unnoticed when they appear in bunches?

and before anybody say's I'm just paranoid I'd like to remind them it's wednesday not tuesday... :)

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I had a Gerri Granger this week but I've been holding it back for 2 months as I thought it was a pretty tough record, I've not had one in 10 years before this and I don't expect to get another one. Ten copies in a week, are you sure John? Squires, I had this last week as well, again, had it available to list for a couple of months.

Any more of my records you'd like to ask questions about? :)

Social source share

sorry Pete, wasn't aimed at you and I certainly hadn't counted your sales ( or any other UK based seller) in amongst what I was talking about, I was purely basing it on USA sellers on internet, hence the term 'find' ( which to me means a new find of quantity, almost always in the USA) I did a trawl back through the USA sites I'd visited but most dont keep any info on what's sold and gone, but this is just from ebay, both buy it nows and auction - there's 14 Gerri Graingers here in just over the last fortnight or so -

14/7 16.49 - $250

15/7 07.50 - $250

16/7 10.10 - $250

18/7 03.00 - $250

25/7 04.29 - $267

25/7 15.43 - $250

26/7 06.44 - $250

27/7 13.08 - $250

27/7 17.31 - $250

28/7 06.46 - $250

30/7 06.02 - $250

31/7 08.48 - $250

02/8 12.13 - $280.50

Plus one that ends 8/8 currently $200

I was trying to make the point that we seem to miss many of these multiple sales when they are records which retail 250 or less, sorry if I knackered up your sales Pete.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert