On The Soul Side The Loft Bar B'mth Uni Sat Aug 20Th

What a cracking night was had at "On The Soul Side" at The Loft Bar.Great to see so many through the doors including travellers.Some absolute cracking music was played from all the dj's from 60's right through to Y2K.

Big thank you to Martin Adams and Jason Desmond for two blinding spots and as always Danny and Mischief for their spots.

As usual a friendly up for it crowd who danced their socks off.Also a big thank you from me to Mandy and Ann for doing the door in Viv's absence.

Thanks everyone for signing Dave M's card will pass it on this week. :thumbsup:

Finally thanks to everyone who contributed to Bob's "Help The Heroes" collection for his fallen colleagues.

Dave.

Edited by Dave Morris
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Finally thanks to everyone who contributed to Bob's "Help The Heroes" collection for his fallen colleagues.

Dave.

you got a great venue there dave to do something for..help the heroes....glad you had a great night

moldie

Hi, Roman here, well done fellas, if that be Bob Snow he's coming up to Colne to do a HELP FOR HEROES, top man, he came up to our night at the Muni and met the crowd some 250 of them, also Shay often comes up to Lancs to dj at the Birdtrap, nice connection, sorry about Eddie Howe, best Roman

Hey Roman, You'll have to come down some time. Me & Danny are looking forward to the Muni, in a couple of weeks, sounds as though the tickets are going well. Got a few quid for Help for Heroes from the lovely people at Bournemouth Uni. Maybe you should send Eddie Howe back to us mate :) Catch up with you soon.

All the best Bob

Well done Dave and Danny another great night at the Uni. Thanks to Mandy and Ann for doing the door. Thanks to everyone who donated towards our Help for Heroes do, much appreciated :hatsoff2: Great tunes from everyone, really enjoyed Martin & Jason's sets. Must thank Jason for playing the "Differences - Five Minutes" (what a tune)for me, Ann & Danny, top bloke. Nice to see everyone and also enjoyed my chat with Mick Howard, Nice one Mick.

Looking forward to playing with Shay at the next one on 15th October. Keep up the good work guys, another crackin night.

ATB

Bob

Edited by Bob Snow

you got a great venue there dave to do something for..help the heroes....glad you had a great night

moldie

Cheers for the kind comments Mick.Some great music played.Right across the board last saturday. :thumbsup:

Great nite again- top music throughout- great to see Martin and Jason djing again, memories of Cagney's etc. Keep up the great work everyone- ktf and hope to see you all again soon!

Matt,always great to see you down at The Loft.Certainly were some memories of Cagneys. :thumbup:

Hi, Roman here, well done fellas, if that be Bob Snow he's coming up to Colne to do a HELP FOR HEROES, top man, he came up to our night at the Muni and met the crowd some 250 of them, also Shay often comes up to Lancs to dj at the Birdtrap, nice connection, sorry about Eddie Howe, best Roman

Hi Roman,

Got Shay dj'ing at our next one on Oct 15th.You should have a great night with Bob & Danny as they have some cracking tunes between them. :thumbsup:

belting night as usual and a great cross section of music, all the jocks played some great tunes and there really was something for everyone :thumbsup:

just looking forward to the next one :)

Mr Samways always a pleasure to see you and the Swanage Massive.Glad you enjoyed it. See you soon mate. :thumbup:

Well done Dave and Danny another great night at the Uni. Thanks to Mandy and Ann for doing the door. Thanks to everyone who donated towards our Help for Heroes do, much appreciated :hatsoff2: Great tunes from everyone, really enjoyed Martin & Jason's sets. Must thank Jason for playing the "Differences - Five Minutes" (what a tune)for me, Ann & Danny, top bloke. Nice to see everyone and also enjoyed my chat with Mick Howard, Nice one Mick.

Looking forward to playing with Shay at the next one on 15th October. Keep up the good work guys, another crackin night.

ATB

Bob

Bob,thanks for your continued support.Can't wait to hear you play some of those awesome tunes you've got tucked away.Havea good one "up north".

Cheers

Dave

An extremely enjoyable evening - all those I was there with agreed as well.

Nice to meet some new faces - Dave yourself, Bob, Matt and Tim - remember what I said though, life is very short so the odd trip up North (for you) and down South (for me) at this time in our lives is a must.....

Keep it up and will sure visit again if I'm in the area.

ATB & KTF Mick

Jason has kindly sent me his playlists over for his 2 spots last sat night.

9.30 - 10.00

Anthony & Imperials - It’s not the same - Veep

Porgy & Monarchs - That’s my girl - Sylves WD

Isley Bros - Who’s that lady - United Artists

Jackie Beavers - Lover come back - Sound Stage Seven

Keni Lewis - Ain’t gonna make it easy - De-vel

Bobby Reed - I’ll find a way - Loma WD

Hesitations - She won’t come back - Kapp WD

Four Sonics - Where are you - Triple ’B’

Towana & Total Destruction - Help me get that feeling back again - Romark

Paramount Four - Sorry ain’t the word - Kent (100 Club Anniv.)

Intrigues - Fly now pay later - Janus WD

Albert Jones - I do love you - Tri City

Chuck Jackson - What’s with this loneliness - Kent (100 Club Anniv.)

12.30 - 01.10

Dynells - Call on me - Atco WD

Celest Hardie - You’re gone - Reynolds

Patti Austin - I’ve given all my love - Coral YD

Delegates Of Soul - I’ll come running back - Up-Look

Reggie Soul - My world of ecstasy - Capri

Eddie Billups - Shake off that dream - Seventy Seven

Rhonda Davis - Can you remember - Duke

Differences - Five minutes - Mon’ca (for Danny, Bob & Ann)

Laura Lee - Your song - Fantasy (for Matt)

Barbara Lynn - Trying to love two - Ichiban

Darrell Banks - I’m the one who loves you - Volt

. . . and to finish; a classic Cagney’s ender

Corey Blake - How can I go on without you - Capitol

Jason has kindly sent me his playlists over for his 2 spots last sat night.

9.30 - 10.00

Anthony & Imperials - It’s not the same - Veep

Porgy & Monarchs - That’s my girl - Sylves WD

Isley Bros - Who’s that lady - United Artists

Jackie Beavers - Lover come back - Sound Stage Seven

Keni Lewis - Ain’t gonna make it easy - De-vel

Bobby Reed - I’ll find a way - Loma WD

Hesitations - She won’t come back - Kapp WD

Four Sonics - Where are you - Triple ’B’

Towana & Total Destruction - Help me get that feeling back again - Romark

Paramount Four - Sorry ain’t the word - Kent (100 Club Anniv.)

Intrigues - Fly now pay later - Janus WD

Albert Jones - I do love you - Tri City

Chuck Jackson - What’s with this loneliness - Kent (100 Club Anniv.)

12.30 - 01.10

Dynells - Call on me - Atco WD

Celest Hardie - You’re gone - Reynolds

Patti Austin - I’ve given all my love - Coral YD

Delegates Of Soul - I’ll come running back - Up-Look

Reggie Soul - My world of ecstasy - Capri

Eddie Billups - Shake off that dream - Seventy Seven

Rhonda Davis - Can you remember - Duke

Differences - Five minutes - Mon’ca (for Danny, Bob & Ann)

Laura Lee - Your song - Fantasy (for Matt)

Barbara Lynn - Trying to love two - Ichiban

Darrell Banks - I’m the one who loves you - Volt

. . . and to finish; a classic Cagney’s ender

Corey Blake - How can I go on without you - Capitol

Hi Dave,

Sorry we could not be there Saturday, work had to come first last weekend, glad you all had a great time. Jason Laura Lee is a great version rarely heard, ive never heard anyone play the four tops version either. Its not very often the Differences is played in Bournemouth either, Qaulity.

See you soon

Dave n Tracey

Source Advert