Jackie Lee - "the Duck"

Guest Kent W

I found this video of Jackie Lee performing "The Duck". Absolutely fantastic!

Does anyone know more about this video, where and when it was performed? I presume America. It also looks less like an actual concert than some sort of taping for broadcast.

While the song implores you to do "The Duck", it doesn't actually describe how it's done "unlike, say, the Hokie Pokie. Now you can see clearly in this video how it's done.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I found this video of Jackie Lee performing "The Duck". Absolutely fantastic!

Does anyone know more about this video, where and when it was performed? I presume America. It also looks less like an actual concert than some sort of taping for broadcast.

While the song implores you to do "The Duck", it doesn't actually describe how it's done "unlike, say, the Hokie Pokie. Now you can see clearly in this video how it's done.

Cant answer where and when etc--but those girls on the podiums can 'sho'nuff do The Duck' !! :yes: . Great vid btw :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Kent W

Pete: Thanks for the tip on Shivaree. Wikipedia has some more info, including links to the episode listings, though oddly enough Jackie Lee isn't listed.

Anyway you could upload some of the clips to Youtube? Some are already on there but one that I haven't found is The O'Jays - "Lipstick Traces".

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

DJ Ricky Warburton used to have four DVD's of rare soul clips including the duck

that were supposedly copied from tapes from the vaults of an American tv station !

Social source share

Pete: Thanks for the tip on Shivaree. Wikipedia has some more info, including links to the episode listings, though oddly enough Jackie Lee isn't listed.

Anyway you could upload some of the clips to Youtube? Some are already on there but one that I haven't found is The O'Jays - "Lipstick Traces".

I'm afraid not Kent. When youtube was catching on, and some on here will remember this, I put over 200 clips up including all the Shivaree, Hullaballoo, HOllywood A Gogo etc, then youtube removed them all and banned me for uploading a Motown related video so I decided never to post any more artist footage up.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert