Stepp Records, Detroit

Ady Croasdell

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone got anything on this label. I'd love to know writer, producer credits.

There's meant to be a Herman Griffin that came out on Anna in 1960 and a Barbees single that featured Norma from the Velvelettes. I could do with scans of either or any other releases. Ta Ady

Not i...... :lol: ........you`re wellcome. :lol:

Social source share

It's time you went to bed Ken.

I've got someone working on your Stompa!

Just got up,cheeky git...... :lol: who you got working on my thing(stompa)?,it`ll send him/her insane first,if they are`nt allready....... :lol:
Social source share

There's meant to be a Herman Griffin that came out on Anna in 1960 and a Barbees single that featured Norma from the Velvelettes. I could do with scans of either or any other releases. Ta Ady

Both these are listed in Soussan's book Ady

herman griffin - hurry up and marry me - stepp 237

herman griffin & the Mello-Dees - Hurry up and marry me - anna 1115 - writer W. Stevenson, Directed by W. Stevenson, Ra-Gor & Stebra Pub Co.

barbees - que pasa/the wind - stepp 236

no scan of the Barbees record though

Social source share

Hello Ady

I've got the Herman Griffin 45 on Stepp and also the Anna 45. As Pete says, the writer and producer is W.Stevenson on both sides. b' side title is 'Do you want to see my baby'. The Stepp copy is a light blue label, black print. Interestingly on this copy the Stepp logo has been coloured in and the record stamped twice ' Anna Records Inc. 588 Farnsworth St. Detroit 2, Michigan'

Hope this helps

Dazz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert