Danny Williams Whose Little Girl Are You Deram Uk

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

my issue ends "2c" and I beleive it's a first issue as on the label the matrix number "DR 41266" is upside down above the Deram issue number DM146, thought the re-issues had the matrix number the right way round on the label (if that makes sense?)

steve

You're correct about the inverted matrix, however the stamped matrix on the original is 1C, on the reissue it is 2C, I have both in front of me as I write this.

I'm amazed it went to a second pressing in 1967 as it hardly sold anything.

The brown on the label is way lighter on the reissue incidentally.

* there may be a few anomilies with deram as I just sold an original Quik - Berts Apple Crumble, I know it's an original, it's got the proper stamper number, yet the small matrix on the label is the right way up, never seen one like this.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

the reissue is definetly much later. I bought a few in my local record shops clearance box

Yeah the reissue came out in 1977.

But the poster said he had one with an inverted matrix on the label AND the stamper ending in "2" which is mystifying.

Social source share

Yeah the reissue came out in 1977.

But the poster said he had one with an inverted matrix on the label AND the stamper ending in "2" which is mystifying.

Pete, here's a scan of mine, it's got the "inverted" matrix, but the stamp on the disc ends with T1-2C. So are you saying this is a 70's press?

steve

post-2142-0-22606900-1331069497_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert