Soul Shoes Help

Guest Beeks

I bought another pair on Saturday :D & yes i wear them & i won`t buy rubbish. I won`t tell you about my clothes then Steve :shhh: . I have always loved clothes & shoes plus accessories. Its all part of the " the life" for me, there are more important things but i like good schmutter .

I think for some on this scene it just goes hand in hand

completely agree so why are you still wearing adidas trainers :D

Social source share

• Replies 75
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The factory is still in Desborough Northants where the 6TS Weekender has just moved to!

Yes offcourse and the factory shop is well worth a visit for anybody within a reasonable distance.

I'd love to get a tour of the factory after a few mroe trips I might be cheeky and ask.

This traditional and skilled craftsmanship should be celebrated.

Social source share

When I was a young pup I used to get my shoes from Anello and Davide who were ballet shoe makers in Covent Garden and they did some superb thin leather basic shoes. I think I might have had a pair of brown and white co-respondent shoes from them.

Ady,

When you were young you wore deer skin wrap arounds :D:rofl::lol::thumbup::shhh:

Social source share

Yes offcourse and the factory shop is well worth a visit for anybody within a reasonable distance.

I'd love to get a tour of the factory after a few mroe trips I might be cheeky and ask.

The factory shop has the occasional sale too. If you are after a new pair of shoes, take your missus with you to Desborough and drop her off at the lingerie factory, also in town. :thumbsup:

https://www.cheaney.co.uk/

https://www.eveden.com/

Edited by Maark
Social source share

Pre Ignacious era, I seem to remember

OK you got me Ady. Had to Google Pre Ignacious... Got Pre Ignatios, religion and all that. Lost On Me! Are you saying that sandals were in fashion at the start of the 100 club or lizard skins??? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry that's the Iguana period

Steve

Social source share

Guest madmarx

Too true..Got a nice pair of veldtschoen from them .. bit heavy for dancers but class shoes in the wet etc. Last forever if you look after them .. mind they should for £250
Social source share

Too true..Got a nice pair of veldtschoen from them .. bit heavy for dancers but class shoes in the wet etc. Last forever if you look after them .. mind they should for £250

I have a pair of those the cairngorm.

I went for the penine boot but they didn't have my size so took the shoe version. They realy are a heavy weight shoe and brilliant build and as you say not one to wear to go out dancing.

Edited by dylan
Social source share

Guest SoulNinja

I got new Loakes last year and would recommend them, even though it took a while to break them in.

As daft as it sounds, ended up dancing on them :facepalm: in my socks to soften the leather, but they're now as comfy as slippers and great for floor duty.

Not cheap though. But I 'only' paid £75 as there's a place by me called Cheshire Oaks that does the top brands cheaper.

Cheers

Jem

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

I wore polyveldts for a while back in the day, I remember going to the Rowntree Mackintosh factory in Halifax with college and the workers pointing at them and laughing ......... I suppose the ankle socks, full skirt and leather coat may have added to the weirdness of my look ........ anyhoo I did like them at the time :yes: :yes:

Social source share

I got new Loakes last year and would recommend them, even though it took a while to break them in.

As daft as it sounds, ended up dancing on them :facepalm: in my socks to soften the leather, but they're now as comfy as slippers and great for floor duty.

Not cheap though. But I 'only' paid £75 as there's a place by me called Cheshire Oaks that does the top brands cheaper.

Cheers

Jem

hi

when you get your new shoes and they rub ,buy some shoe stretch spray from your local cobblers,it works and cuts out all the breaking in.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest manusf3a

Solatio cross overs and loafers,the old Frank Wrights are the business,Clarks in Queensgate Peterborough about twenty years back did a really nice loafer with leather sole ,all the classic details ,a good deal of which are missing from weejuns such as the finish on the back of the shoe with that horizontal line of stiching as well as a line of stiching at the front of the shoe running down,and what loads of loafer attempts since often dont have ,the tassles.These shoes were about 30 quid at the time and you could get them in black,brown,luight grey and dark green(the dark greens were really nice.I ended up having all the colours and wore them for years till resoloing and wear wiped them out,at the moment I have got a really smart pair of loakes brouges ,reddich brown leather and one pair of loafers,dont get to wear them much but Im gald I never threw them out of killed them off with wear as I did all those clarks pairs.Imo best loafers,Frank Wrights and then Clarks, john lewis do a not to bad version but sadly like the rest dont have those little killer details and have higher backs than the FWs and Clarks,The low back on the original solatios was one of the things that made them so comfortable and the shape of the sole was just right to spin on.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest manusf3a

Clarks Originals 1970s Oberon shoes

post-1745-0-02224100-1331935922_thumb.jp

Bass Weegun`s

post-1745-0-40460300-1331936028_thumb.jp

I am a bit computer illiterate as far as uploading photos on to the form is concerned I agree weejuns are a good modern day choice if you like loafers I prefer to stay with my originals they just dont make them with the same sort of detail anymore(havent done for a long time,most copies are nearly always missing that line of stiching across the back of the heel and the fronts are the wrong shape.The best I can shiow really is by my avatar,Ive got quite afew other pairs of nice brouges etc but the loafers are my favourite of the moment,and if I can work it out how to I will post them up in near future. Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Might be Mr Hamilton's by Red Or Dead you are looking for Beeks.

Very similar to the old Clark's Oberons but readily available & IMO comfier than the old Clark's thingy's.

https://www.schuh.co....pron/3102766220

PS, before anybody thinks I have gone all Northern old-school top 500ish I buy them because they are so comfortable :P

This was a top tip! My Loakes have recently died after many years of great service- it's not only the outside of shoes that wear out. :ohmy: Trusting Cunnie's recommendation, I got a pair of these of Schuh on ebay for £35 and they are very comfy. I had a good dance in them on Saturday and they took little breaking in. Less than the new Loakes I bought too from Slaters. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

Had about 3 or 4 pairs of Solatio shoes,2 Crossovers and two others, they were quite broad, all leather and extremely comfortable, purchased from Image on Bridalsmith Gate In Nottingham..are they still made ?

Rob 1975/76 ish

were the other 2 pairs r n b if the 1 st pairs were crossover? :g:
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

I have a serious shoe problem , with trainers , casual shoes & as my old dad used to call them " proper shoes " [ brogues & Loafers ] i have over 60 pairs :D:yes:

you could give him a pair then :g: - problem solved and while your at it have you a spare pair for dave rimmer? :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

When I was a young pup I used to get my shoes from Anello and Davide who were ballet shoe makers in Covent Garden and they did some superb thin leather basic shoes. I think I might have had a pair of brown and white co-respondent shoes from them.

ady when you were a young pup i thought the only footwear avaiable were steel toe capped clogs? :rofl:
Social source share

Guest moley

were the other 2 pairs r n b if the 1 st pairs were crossover? :g:

May have some news on that. We are just remaking the 102 Solatio crossover shoe as close to original as possible. https://www.solatio.co.uk/ I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Probably available August/September.

Social source share

Guest Bluebell

Any ladies out there with advice for some comfy shoes .After the tower weekender in may hardly being able to walk i need something more suitable ? thanks

Social source share

Any ladies out there with advice for some comfy shoes .After the tower weekender in may hardly being able to walk i need something more suitable ? thanks

There's something called "Bare foot" which apparently is the most natural thing to walk on / in :D

Oooops, jus realised you said Ladies..... I'm sure theyll agree with me. As a bloke then, try Air Wair's.... the ones that lace up to the knee. Keep you comfortable, keep you dry, keep you stable and , the down side, may not make you look like a lady :rofl:

Edited by soulman
Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest manusf3a

Theres a little shoe shop in peterborough not all that long opened on Bridge Street just across from the court building.The shop sells men and womens shoes and has some really nice looking classic brouges in the window.Last week I had a look inside and was shocked nut in a good way to see the owner has got two styles of loafer for sale,one with one with out tassles,both sorts though are the original with all all right stitching in all theright places, proper proportions all over,with a beauty of a leather sole ,fo.k me theyre magic.Hes selling them at 165 a pair, both sorts,I hate to be thought of as doing some ones advertising but for the many who have looked for the original and come across the weejuns,yes very good shoes no doubt about it and the ikons,again very good shoe but always felt that little bit disapointed well that shop has the real thing and for those who loved the loafer but could never ever track down thee ! loafer! itself if you happen to be in peterborough and you want a pair you wont be disapointed.

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!