Eddie Daniels, Is He Better Than Me

Guest GARV

Guest GARV

Can anyone tell me what the story behind this is, i think old Wigan play ? & i have heard that Mr Soussan was behind it.

Garv :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is a real record and was nothing to do with Mr. Soussan. I spoke to Eddie Daniels a few years ago, he was still singing/touring in a Platters tribute band. He didn't even have a copy, and I think he said a guy who owned a chain of launderettes put up the money for the pressing. The assumption of a Soussan connection probably comes from the label name 'boot'. I don't think it turns up for sale that often.

Ian

Social source share

Used to have this , bought it at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens for £2 many moons ago as Ian says on the 'BOOT' label , Yellow label & Black Text I think.

Can't even remember how it goes :huh: , Funky little number I seem to recall.

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Soussan introduced it to these shores in 1975 or 1976 as far as I am aware, it is on a list of his from then for a fiver I think. The list can be found on this forum as well. Soussan also booted it, a very good almost identical boot. I've been told it did get plays at Wigan but must have been brief, nothing like anything else form back then really?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert