News: Inspired! Blood, Soul, Sweat & Cheers - Harmless Album For The Olympics

I agree. It's been like that since Monday and it's bloody annoying. The Amazon software has some kind of 'recognition technique' which has confused "Inspired! Blood, Soul, Sweat & Cheers" with an 'inspired' title from Expansion and for some reason given us their reviews in the process. Daft.

I have nothing but problems with these automated systems because they're just not good enough. For example, I tried to load "Inspired! Blood, Soul, Sweat & Cheers" into the new Official Chart Company database today and it kept blowing me back.

It turns out the Database doesn't recognise exclamation marks or commas - basic English grammar which is fundamental to our language and national identity. So, in order to get on the system, I have to bastardise my title in order to comply with a badly designed database. Sheer stupidity.

But the people who run the system don't think that there's anything wrong with the system and can't understand why I would get so upset about losing an exclamation mark and a few commas. I'm like the Victor Meldrew of maintaining literary standards in a sea of shit LOL...

Amazon have been alerted twice in the last 4 days about this blitch but they work at their own speed so who knows when it'll get changed. I'm not gonna moan too much 'cos they're my best customer these days.

Ian D

Social source share

RE: the people who run the system don't think that there's anything wrong with the system and can't understand why I would get so upset

....... I know Ian didn't mean it to apply to this case .... BUT ... the above statement just about perfectly sums up the state of the UK banking industry at present.

Social source share

Hello Mr D! Great idea, well done :o)

We soul-punned the Olympics half to death on a drunken evening over on Facebook a couple of months back - some of my faves below to make you smile.

Free review copies to me at the usual address please ;o)

Tee x

Maxine Brown - It's Torcher

Little Richard - I Don't Want To Discus It

Landlords of East London - Cashing In

Invitations - Cross-Country Ski-ing In The Snow

Del-Larks - Job Opening Ceremony

Ron Grainer - A Touch Of Velvet A Sting Of Ralgex

Hop Skip & Jump Mahoney - Tennis (Don't Be So Blind To Love)

Paula Radcliffe - You Didn't Do A Turd

Judo Street - Shot

Benzine - Olympic Village Of Tears

Winstons - Love Of The Commentators

Johnny Nash - There Are More Equestrians Than Answers

Edwin Starr - Running Back And Forth

Johnny Howard - The (Steeple)Chase Is On

Marvin Gaye - Where Are We Rowing?

Willie Mitchell - That Diving Heat

Platters - With These Rings

Happy - Velvet Hammer

Edwin Starr - (Tug Of) War

Dana Valery - Judo Know If Your Drug Test Lies

Marvin Gaye - I Hurdle Through The Grapevine

Lou Pride - I'm Com"ží" 'neci In The Morn'un

Junior Walker - Shotput

Chairmen Of The IOC - Give Me Just A Little More Bribe

Tommy Hunt - Never Love A Robin Cousins

Melba Moore - The Magic Torch

Carstairs - It Relay Hurts Me Girl

LOL, that sounds like the sort of conversation we'd have on a Sunday night after a couple of all-nighters and an all-dayer circa 1974!

If I ever do a compilation of Soul puns I'll knock on your door!

PM me your address again and I'll send some summer cheer!

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

RE: the people who run the system don't think that there's anything wrong with the system and can't understand why I would get so upset

....... I know Ian didn't mean it to apply to this case .... BUT ... the above statement just about perfectly sums up the state of the UK banking industry at present.

You're so right Roburt. A lot of younger people get indoctrinated into systems from an early age, so they don't know any better. I go through this shit on a regular basis.

For instance, earlier today, I needed to make an online payment to a company. So I zapped into my usual process to make the payment in my lunch break on my work computer. However, it turned out that since I last visited the site, it's been blocked at my workplace. But instead of telling me that the site was blocked so I should forget it, I got some incomprehensible b*llocks about certification and I had to click a 'Yes' button to proceed. So I did as instructed and the site kept freezing every time I got to the point of paying. After an hour and half a dozen unsuccessful attempts to pay on my work computer, I gave up and switched to my i-phone. I pumped in the website and got going. When I got to the payment bit, I pumped in my card details and kept getting rejected with a message saying the security code was wrong. I then realised that I'd changed my card in the last 2 weeks because the old one was trashed and they'd issued me with a new one with different start/end dates andf a different security code. So I then had to change all my security details which involved me then having to remember my Apple password in order to simply get access to change my details. And then, once I'd done all that, I got to the final click and couldn't do it because the i-phone app box was bouncing all over the place and wouldn't stay still long enough to let me get the password in blah, blah, blah..............

I finally got through to the company's customer service centre, to be told that their website 'had technical issues' and that their i-phone app was 'clashing'. I asked them "clashing with what?" and the robot at the other end said, "clashing sir. That's what we've been told".

3 hours of my life which I'll never get back. I can't imagine my 81 year old dad having much truck with stuff like this. The only reason I put up with crap like this is because I don't have any choice.

And it was the same with the banks back in the 90's for me. They made their own rules up and basically said, "tough shit. If you don't like it, then f*ck off". So that's exactly what I did in 1998.

Now, in 2012, they're finally paying me back for all the PPI charges they nicked from me from the mid 1980's to the late 90's because they've been forced to by law. Yet, for the last 20 years they tried to make me feel like a pariah because I questioned the morality of their actions.

But this should probably be in the banking thread Roburt.

I'm trying to promote an album which is all about inspiration. I don't wanna drag it down with Banking stuff old bean....... :lol:

Social source share

Just a couple of weeks to go! Things are beginning to build nicely and will hopefully peak from the 27th July - 12th August. Some major plays are already coming in and we have a nice piece in the Times coming so anticipation is building nicely.

After the disappointments of Euro 2012, Wimbledon 2012 and the abysmal summer we're having, hopefully the forthcoming Olympics will provide some much needed inspiration for us!

Social source share

Yippee! Just confirmed:-

Friday 20/07/2012 - Lead Review The Times

Sunday 22/07/2012 - Must Have Re-Issue The Culture, Sunday Times

This is the weekend before release and the opening ceremony for the London Olympics 2012.

OK, that's the highbrow audience, now let's get some red-tops!

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Will Banks on 'Soul prescription' just described this as something like "The most tenuous excuse for an album I've ever seen", but he was laughing when he said it, and he did play two tracks and admit that it was a pretty good collection.

Social source share

Will Banks on 'Soul prescription' just described this as something like "The most tenuous excuse for an album I've ever seen", but he was laughing when he said it, and he did play two tracks and admit that it was a pretty good collection.

At least we're getting radio plays LOL! :thumbup:

Plus I just checked Will's recent playlists - he's been hammering "Holy Spirit" which is great.

In all honesty I think there's only 4 or 5 tracks on "Inspired!" which are very tenuous but they'll work brilliantly if used in the right context.

Social source share

Ian's already compiled Volume 2 which will be released the next time we host the Olympic Games in this country.

:wink:

That's right mate. I'm furiously compilng albums which will go into a nuclear-proof bunker which won't be opened until 3000 ad. It's pretty difficult to figure out what they'll be listening to in 988 years though........

Social source share

That's a good start. I just turned on 'Olympic's Most Amazing Moments' on BBC 3 and what's playing but The Heavy's "How You Like Me Now" - track 17, CD 2 (which does seem to be being used everywhere right now). Good. One down and another 41 to go LOL.....

The Heavy - How You Like Me Now

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

'Must- Have Reissue' in the Culture section of the Sunday Times today! Fame at last LOL.....

UKSoulScans-1.jpg

So along with Simon Rimmer plugging the M.V.P.s "Turning My Heartbeat Up" on Channel 4's "Sunday Brunch" this morning and Gordon Ramsey using "How You Like Me Now" on his new trailer, the mainstream is waking up nicely.

Now if only my favourite Mod, Bradley Wiggins can win the Tour-De-France today then we'll be really rockin'! :lol:

Social source share

RE: Now if only my favourite Mod, Bradley Wiggins can win the Tour-De-France today then we'll be really rockin'!

... Ian, its a stone certainty that he'll win & end up wearing the yellow jersey !!!

Yep, but watch the way he does it! He's an inspiration to us all! Plus he'd love the album of course! :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!