Sweet Music - Who Were They?

Steve G

• Replies 11
  • Views 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know who the three birds in the group "Sweet Music" were?

I think it's them that re-recorded as Sweet Life on West End, although I haven't checked that yet.

Steve

I interviewed them. They are not sweet life on west end.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've got their mid 70's Wand 45 somewhere here (no idea where though).

I always thought they were Miami based .... didn't KC & some of his mates write their "I Get Lifted" song & help out on backing / production duties on the track ?? (mind you Steve, my memory gets more mis-filed info everyday now; old age, gotta love it). .

Social source share

Yes there is wrong info on the internet about this 45 (what a surprise!) - usual guesswork 'fare' :lol:

Thanks Bob I shall check that later, I wrote to the engineer and he couldn't remember the session at all. And in the spirit of trading info - the Reflections definately did sign for Polydor, so whether their 45 came out or not I don't know, but it isn't just a discographers mistake as may have been suspected.

Nice PS release in France as per usual for Sweet Music!

Thanks for the replies.

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Yes there is wrong info on the internet about this 45 (what a surprise!) - usual guesswork 'fare' :lol:

Thanks Bob I shall check that later, I wrote to the engineer and he couldn't remember the session at all. And in the spirit of trading info - the Reflections definately did sign for Polydor, so whether their 45 came out or not I don't know, but it isn't just a discographers mistake as may have been suspected.

Nice PS release in France as per usual for Sweet Music!

Thanks for the replies.

Steve

I have a publicity photo for sweet music (I got it off of Gilles Petard, Reginah didn't have one). I think it's different but similar to the french pic sleeve (it might be the same but they put boxes around the girls, I have to check). I'm confused about your Reflections comment. I vaguely remember a thread or conversation about the Reflections on Polydor but I never would have questioned its release because I've seen promos of it, have a recording of it, and I think I've seen a stock copy once.

Social source share

Also, sorry i just directed you to my interview instead of giving you info, I don't remember all the details and didn't want to give you inaccurate info. There were a bunch of chicago groups on wand at that time (pretty much throughout the 70s). Ultra High Frequency, South Shore Commission (not exactly chicago but the female singer was from chicago previously in the marlynns), South Side Movement, actually a lot more. I've been told that the lead of ultra high frequency was Danny Johnson, later of the Chilites.

Social source share

Oh right, we were talking about it a while ago. I think someone questioned whether it existed. Not you then....As I don't have it, what is it like? Steve

It's good sweet soul. I will try to find the recording (it's on one of a bazillion CDs of recorded 45s that I've gotten in trade with other collectors). I remember specifically not buying the promo the few times I saw it because I wanted a stock copy, I probably should have bought it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share