Nickg

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

His own record collection, amassed over 25 years, is in storage and these days he says he mainly DJ's using digital technology.

Tee hee. Has he been on soul-source?

Social source share

actually this article is a minor classic nick.

can i be the only person who suspects '18-year-old Dwayne Prentis' is a figment of the writer's imagination?

does anyone actually say this sort of thing? i mean, say it out loud and ask if it rings true or if it's how a bbc writer imagines the yoof of today speak thumbup.gif

"I've seen a few records but I've never seen a record player," says 18-year-old Dwayne Prentis. "I've seen decks at clubs and at my mates' houses but not those things that your olds might use to play their records. I don't even think they still make them. "Vinyl isn't very practical, how are your going to listen to you music out of the house? You can forget taping it, I ain't being seen dead with a cassette. I'd get grief off my mates. In our house we have CDs and I download a lot of music from the net. "

Social source share

actually this article is a minor classic nick.

can i be the only person who suspects '18-year-old Dwayne Prentis' is a figment of the writer's imagination?

does anyone actually say this sort of thing? i mean, say it out loud and ask if it rings true or if it's how a bbc writer imagines the yoof of today speak :thumbsup:

"I've seen a few records but I've never seen a record player," says 18-year-old Dwayne Prentis. "I've seen decks at clubs and at my mates' houses but not those things that your olds might use to play their records. I don't even think they still make them. "Vinyl isn't very practical, how are your going to listen to you music out of the house? You can forget taping it, I ain't being seen dead with a cassette. I'd get grief off my mates. In our house we have CDs and I download a lot of music from the net. "

You could be right, Dan. "I'd get grief off my mates", sounds about as convincing as: When apprended, the accused declared: "It's a fair cop guvnor." Actually, I did say that once - but only because having actually been nicked I thought I might as well enjoy a bit of irony.

Social source share

A friend of mine had a few friends round and with them was their younger daughter, I guess around ten years old. She saw a stack of LP's against the wall and said 'what are those?'.

Now this actually did happen, but not even knowing what a record player is I'm not so sure about. I mean even MTV has videos featuring dj's & 'dex', so pretty much every teen should have seen 'em right?

post-1764-1137851975_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert