Ronnie Mcneir - Rare Mcneir

Scotters

Over the weekend I was going through some CD's which I picked up in the early to mid 90's and had completely forgotten about this gem of a compilation released in 1995 by "about time" and including sleeve notes by Bob Jones.

Some great tracks on there, not least includes both sides of the superb 45 which Ronnie released on Tortoise International in '78 ("A Different Kind of Love" and "The Good Side Of Your Love") as well as what I think are some previously unreleased tracks from that Don Davis produced session of the same period.

I particularly like this first track on the CD called "Baby I know" and I can't see it being released on any other format than this compilation CD, but wondered if anyone else knew anything more about it + general thoughts on the track or on the great man himself.

Have tried searching for more info but can't seem to find a former thread. Maybe there is and someone can steer me to it.

Cheers, Steve :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I have a cassette recording of Ronnie and his band appearance @ Kev Edwards Carlton Sunday sessions in the late 80's - it is fantastic quality, we taped it through the house system.

Some nice banter between Ronnie and the crowd etc - especially when the crowd asked for an, at the time, unreleased track which confused Ronnie some, he asks how did they know that specific track as no-one has it - to which the reply comes loud and clear - "Richard Searling" ;0)

Anyways, how would I go about uploading a cassette recording to the net?

Social source share

I have a cassette recording of Ronnie and his band appearance @ Kev Edwards Carlton Sunday sessions in the late 80's - it is fantastic quality, we taped it through the house system.

Some nice banter between Ronnie and the crowd etc - especially when the crowd asked for an, at the time, unreleased track which confused Ronnie some, he asks how did they know that specific track as no-one has it - to which the reply comes loud and clear - "Richard Searling" ;0)

Anyways, how would I go about uploading a cassette recording to the net?

Sounds like that was a top night and certainly fits with the "rare mcneir" title of this thread Barry. :thumbsup:

As for getting your recording on to the web, I wouldn't know where to start other than first recording it on to CD using a CD recorder, or straight to MP3 using some other software or something. Maybe Chalky can help?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's a real nice track Steve,so one for the carver or do I give in and finally start buying CDs

Is that you Phil? Thanks for that. Some amazing CD only stuff out there as you know. No point cutting onto a record when a CD is okay and proper..You'll be pleased to hear that CD players will be set up alongside the decks at Snooks going forwards, so that tracks like this can be enjoyed as they should be. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!