Getting Spins?

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's from the Shaft In Africa soundtrack album - one of the best album covers of all time :lol: , I'll try and post a pic later. Some wacky instrumentals on it including the Shaft In Africa theme tune which was (is??) big on the jazz/funk scene - quality instrumental. Dan Collins will love this type of sound.. :shades:

Rich

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

It's from the Shaft In Africa soundtrack album Rich

there's three different edits on the LP

i first heard it when sky cinema were running the film last year - it's a really shit film, but the soundtrack is excellent - a few of the lesser known 70s "blaxploitation" films have some good tunes

Social source share

i first heard it when sky cinema were running the film last year - it's a really shit film, but the soundtrack is excellent - a few of the lesser known 70s "blaxploitation" films have some good tunes

Can you post any of them up? Love to hear 'em. I know they did the same thing with Bobby Womack's "Across 103rd Street" which is a good track as well.

-Mike

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

But its a cinematic masterpiece, only surpassed by Superfly! Possibly the best of the genre IMHO was Gordon's War. The LP goes for a lot but has been reissued, the first reissues were a bad pressing though, if I remember right?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt Male

Can you post any of them up? Love to hear 'em. I know they did the same thing with Bobby Womack's "Across 103rd Street" which is a good track as well.

-Mike

Or even a few streets up 'Across 110th Street'... I agree though, great track :wicked: LL Johnson also did a version.

Matt

Social source share

got above song from local record shop.it was in shite condition.told the guy he couldnt sell it like that.so he gave me it for nothing.why cant all dealers be like that.sold it for a tenner,only jokin.gave it to my m8 for nothing. another great 4tops to get is MAMA YOUR ALRIGHT WITH ME abc on 45.same price as above.mite even say it is better.dont fall for the, cause its cheap it aint good syndrome.1000s out there like this.its tight skint flints like us that give the lesser known the credit they deserve.enough from me.im off on a 300mile trip to edinburgh for hibs aldayer.be warned ive got my records & sound burger in tow. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

another half decent track by the four tops......

ONE CHAIN DONT MAKE NO PRISON - PROBE YPRO 621

YEAR.... 1974

just cant get you out of my mind.........................CLASS

Edited by taylormadesoul
Social source share

A good £5 70's record in a similar vein to the equally cheap Masqueraders " sweet sweetning" :lol:

In answer to your question, "Why did Hancock only get a half hour", because any longer than that and you would have died from laughter. But I guess that'll not be the fisrt time you've heard that?

Along with Tommy Cooper and Ken Dodd, what more is there to comedy?

Social source share

But its a cinematic masterpiece, only surpassed by Superfly! Possibly the best of the genre IMHO was Gordon's War. The LP goes for a lot but has been reissued, the first reissues were a bad pressing though, if I remember right?

Have got that LP Stu as well somewhere, on original Buddah if I recall - didn't know it went for big bucks, got it in early 90s from Rod Shard from his record stall in Aflecks Palace in Manchester - some great instrumentals on it...

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert