Proof Shot Dead In Detroit

Too many of you this will mean very little. Proof was the founding member of the innovative hip-hop group D12 and his father is McKinley Jackson, the great soul producer. Proof will be a great loss to all the young up and coming hip-hop, soul, r&b artists of Detroit. He was and inspiration to them all as well as tireless worker for better opportunities for the kids on the street.

He was shoot dead outside a club on 8 mile last week, after a beef inside the club spilled out onto the street. Losses like this bring many things into sharper focus. McKinley and family are devastated by this sad lose. Although I only met him a few times, I can say, he was a real dynamic person and one of those people that makes Detroit the city it is.

Dave

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Too many of you this will mean very little. Proof was the founding member of the innovative hip-hop group D12 and his father is McKinley Jackson, the great soul producer. Proof will be a great loss to all the young up and coming hip-hop, soul, r&b artists of Detroit. He was and inspiration to them all as well as tireless worker for better opportunities for the kids on the street.

He was shoot dead outside a club on 8 mile last week, after a beef inside the club spilled out onto the street. Losses like this bring many things into sharper focus. McKinley and family are devastated by this sad lose. Although I only met him a few times, I can say, he was a real dynamic person and one of those people that makes Detroit the city it is.

Dave

Did he or D12 release a track called " the good die young" a track that now takes on a spooky coincidence given this news, also did`t he have a big influence on Eminems career?? & imput into the film

" 8 mile"............. from the little that i know he was very well respected for giving young talent a push...................

Social source share

i nearly choked on my cornflakes when this boy's death was the subject of a daily telegraph obituary last week. normally it's full of things like colonel algy 'buster' blacke wishawe who fought with the chindits and once killed 200 japs with a toothbrush.

ah well. they can't say old proof wasn't 'keepin it real'.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I got involved in a thread about this on an American Football site of all places. Had a load of racist abuse, and then someone told the eejuts I was a white English guy. It still didnt shut the rednecks up.

Mind you I dont know much of D12's stuff at all. Not my darjeeling. I find a lot of that stuff too negative, and in fact helps increase the divide for the average black American. With Rap being so powerful, it would be great if a strong figure with a positive message could emerge. If a white boy like Eminem can break through...maybe there is hope.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert