Vonettes/sandi Sheldon

Hi peeps

I have just purchased Sandi Sheldon - Touch my heart/One minute too late on Okeh, (a boot I suspect), but I cannot see any original copies of this about, and only a live version of the above mentioned on Youtube? Was this ever an official Okeh release? I know it was also by the Vonettes on Cobblestone and seen a couple of copies of that here and there.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Haven't heard this but it's not an original Okeh release.

Sandi Sheldon & Van McCoy were the Vonettes

"One Girl Too Late" was partly written by Levine so I imagine "Touch My Heart" is gonna be a Levine thing as well

edited to say I've heard Vonettes "Touch My Heart" many, many times but not the 45 in question

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Excellent and thanks, on looking at the small print (credits) it does say 'Produced by Ian Levine and Clive Scott for Tropicana Holdings'.

As you say Pete he must have got permission to use the Okeh label. Not that much difference between this and the Vonettes version tbh, and not a typical Levine production really, still sounds old, so a good cheap alternative.

post-9727-0-33634900-1361899513_thumb.jp

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Ian re-recorded it on Sandi when she came to the UK. She was the singer on the original Cobblestome release together with Van McCoy

He was working fro Sony at the time and got permission to use the Okeh label.

He also did some Ebony Alleyne singles on Okeh too for Sony.

I designed the labels for them all :thumbsup:

Edited by phild
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert