Fabulous Peps-My Love Looks Good On You-D Town

Hi all

I have this on a pretty beat up copy with the "1065 / 219 mix" as its called

I know this came out with another "mix" on the same label, but can't seem to find a sound lip on you tube as they are all the same as the one I have

Can anyone help and give some info - is the other mix rarer?, was it withdrawn etc?

Thanks

Jim

Social source share

Jim

I put scans of the 689 mix and a WDJ of the 219 mix on here on the D-Town thread - see posts #13 and #14.

The 689 mix is much, much rarer - despite what Manship's guide says (or said in the previous version).

You can hear the rarer mix on one of the Goldmine Detroit compilations - think it's "Dancin' In D-Town". You can spot it on the CD because it is credited to the Peps and not the Fabulous Peps.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Many thanks Richard that's very helpful indeed

Cheers

Anyone got a sound clip from the 689 mix?

Jim

Jim .....can't remember seeing the 689 mix for sale....absolutely the harder of the 2 issues to pick up. For me the 689 mix is the better of the 2, not as polished as the first one...although either copy is fab Detroit

Social source share

Jim .....can't remember seeing the 689 mix for sale....absolutely the harder of the 2 issues to pick up. For me the 689 mix is the better of the 2, not as polished as the first one...although either copy is fab Detroit

Hi andy,

Seems that the 689 is very hard indeed

At present the 219 mix sounds better to me, but probably because i am more used to it

Would need to hear the 689 a few more times

But indeed a great record, will need to pick up a decent one as the one i have is a bit rough

Best

Jim

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The other side of this record also had a different mix.

On the flip of the normal 219 mix the number is shown as 220. The record is credited to "The Fabulous Peps" and the song title is shown as "Speak Your Peace".

The flip of the rare 689 mix is 690. The group is just shown as "The Peps". The song title is shown as "Speak Your Piece".

Scan of mine below.

Cheers

Richard

Click on picture to see larger image

post-12286-0-58893700-1370944069_thumb.j

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

The other side of this record also had a different mix.

On the flip of the normal 219 mix the number is shown as 220. The record is credited to "The Fabulous Peps" and the song title is shown as "Speak Your Peace".

The flip of the rare 689 mix is 690. The group is just shown as "The Peps". The song title is shown as "Speak Your Piece".

Scan of mine below.

Cheers

Richard

Click on picture to see larger image

Thanks Richard

Strange indeed, but interesting just the same

Thanks for the scan

Jim

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source