Searching For Lyrics From Sam&dave

norb

Hello there,

I am a French soul lover, former of a Rythm&Blues and soul band in France. I fell in love with Sam&Dave "You got it made" from the "Hold on I'm Comin'" album,  and would like to make a cover of it, but my english is not as good as I'd wished.... So if someone could help me with the lyrics, it would be great !

Thanks a lot....

Norbert

Social source share

Hello there,

I am a French soul lover, former of a Rythm&Blues and soul band in France. I fell in love with Sam&Dave "You got it made" from the "Hold on I'm Comin'" album,  and would like to make a cover of it, but my english is not as good as I'd wished.... So if someone could help me with the lyrics, it would be great !

Thanks a lot....

Norbert

CHORUS

You got it made with me

You got it made with me

Don't worry about anybody else beating your time 

Don,t think about another girl picking on your line

CHORUS

You got it made with me

You got it made with me

You got it and I need it,  just to make me live

I need nothing more than the sweet love that you give

INSTRUMENTAL BRIDGE

Cookies crumble but my love won,t ever break at all

So when your lonely and need me only give me a call

CHORUS

You got it made with me

You got it made with me

Social source share

Thanks Graham, this is great !!!!

Effectively when you listen to the song with the lyrics under your eyes, all make sense...

I just have a doubt with the second sentence of the first verse, (which you wrote as "Don,t think about another girl picking on your line") : the more I listen to it, the more I hear "fishing" instead of "picking" , but can't find what would be next....

Anyway, this is a great giant step for me and I thank you again a lot.

You made my day !

Cheers

Norbert

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks Graham, this is great !!!!

Effectively when you listen to the song with the lyrics under your eyes, all make sense...

I just have a doubt with the second sentence of the first verse, (which you wrote as "Don,t think about another girl picking on your line") : the more I listen to it, the more I hear "fishing" instead of "picking" , but can't find what would be next....

Anyway, this is a great giant step for me and I thank you again a lot.

You made my day !

Cheers

Norbert

I thought fishing on your line too at first and then listened again and came up with pickin , but fishing makes more sense ? so first instinct was right ?
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!