Classic But Overlooked Boss Reggae

dthedrug

:hatsoff2: HI ALL & A HAPPY NEW YEAR

REGGAE REGGAE REGGAE, IT'S THE BEAT THAT SHUFFLES THE FEET, TO A WELDING BEAT. BOSS!

Believe it or not, it's 45 years plus that the new sound of JA has been with us, but the term REGGEA has a different meaning for most members of the public, for me it means a general term that covers Jamaican music from 67 to 82. and for many the term Skinhead Reggae is used for the original sound from 67 to 72, as you may be aware it is a term I dislike, as the word SKINHEAD was a media term put on the later MOD/boot boy period of the 6ts, however for those of you who were to young to be about in that period it seems it has more positive than negative connotations to you, so I will go along with it, 

Having got that of my chest I have playing some of my original sounds today, and I was wondering how many of you have the classic "tons of gold" by VAL BENNETT? or "the return of the liquidator" Harry J all stars, Harry J 6621 A,

A great record indeed, with it's BOSS B side "All day" in your collection? as I do not sell my records I cant tell you the current value, but I can state that it was by pure luck that I had a copy in early 71, found in DAVIDS BOOKSHOP LETCHWORTH, It is the B side that makes this record for me,(not that I'm in any way dismissing the A side.,

By the way, the 10" LIQUIDATOR from sanctuary records is a must, just for "CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD" alone.

I intended to put these tracks up for you to listen to, but could not get it together? maybe on U CHUBE or Pete Smith may help locate, well worth tracking all versions, you can buy blind as they are recommended by myself as must have 45s for your collection, GOOD LUCK in 2014 :) DAVE K

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!