Hearing And Listening

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest dundeedavie

How do you go about this...do you wait until a mate plays it for you?Do you actively "seek" a new sound or do you not bother?Do you crave to hear something you have not heard before? :lol: Answers on a ......pressing please blush.gif ATB Stevie Z

totally organically stevie , i hear something at a venue and ask about it , or searching artists on soulclub etc but no thought goes into it at all

Social source share

theres alot of new sounds that we already have in collections, its called "B sides" :lol:

always check the other side you never know what lurks blush.gif

Hi Russ ,I tried replying about half an hour ago ,but got locked out :lol:

I've sold quite a few tunes without listening to the flip side OH to my disdain...ATB Stevie

russ

Social source share

totally organically stevie , i hear something at a venue and ask about it , or searching artists on soulclub etc but no thought goes into it at all

ERM blush.gif but you seem to seek...which implies you want to hear "something" knew :lol: ATB Stevie

Edited by steve z
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

ERM blush.gif but you seem to seek...which implies you want to hear "something" new :lol: ATB Stevie

not really , i never seek to hear summin new , i stumble upon things i don't know, purely accidental and it works for me :lol:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Anything new to me is done by going to nighters, and having to write down the track so i don't forget. Or listen to soul shows on Radio and the best one is seeing on the net, magazines when you read of stuff being released on cd or something and want to check it out oh and also buying from a shop and you don't know what you buying just hope that you go home and like the purchase.

Social source share

Guest Soulie007

Mostly at around 3am from dealers in the USA who phone to say "have you heard/got this on such and such label"? I listen to it and ask how much and if it is not too pricey I say OK I will ahve it thanks.

I have built up quite a collection doing this and I do not see many of them listed in John Manships Sales Books/ Website or Pat Bradys site and some others which I cannot thinks of the names of at the mo (durr) ( I always have a quick look at these on the sites on the Net to see if they are for sale there and if they are on the same label?

If they are I do a quick price check at the latest exchange rate to see if I am being offered a good sound at a competitive price and I normally find i am :thumbsup: .

If something is on sale on Ebay with no sound clip then I check to see if it on Soul Club if it is not then it depends on how much its going for near to the time the auction is ending.

I love record collecting and hearing/ buying a new sound, however that cannot beat finding a pricey soul/ RnB rarity on British going for peanuts at a boot sale - Pure Bliss :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert