Vee Gees, Pazazz, Terry Callier, Benny Clark, Carmelita + Many More

Karlm

PM to reserve!

For soundfiles, payment info, postage costs, gradings etc view the list via:

https://karlmarthon.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/january-2015-record-sales/

Modern Soul/Disco/2 step 45’s

Pazazz - So hard to find / The right one - In-Roads / EX/EX / £350 (Banging modern soul dancers. As new copy complete with the pic sleeve cover.)

Ray Mitchell Explosion - Super-town / I just can’t see - Appleray / EX / £250 (Gangster boy part two! Not as rare and not as good, but both rare and good.)

Visions of Tomorrow - Galaxy - Future Now / EX / £150 (Very cool, and rare, semi instrumental disco/modern soul dancer.)

Powerhouse - Come into my world / You turn me on - Daystar / EX / £125 (Lovely double header. Intense midtempo dancer backed with a more funky modern soul outing. Two small issues with this copy - CIMW side has a little label tear around one edge. Vinyl looks great but there’s a couple of weak and barely noticable pops on the  same side, nothing major but should be mentioned.)

Pioneers - My good friend James - Ice / EX / £100 (Cheeky modern soul dancer with double entendre lyrics. First label before Mercury, complete with company sleeve.)

Sundown - Spaced outta place - Parkside / EX / £100 (The faster version of this early Amp Fiddler release. Very hard to find in this clean condition.)

Shirley Thomas - Life - 10-Ya Tenya / EX / £70 (Suggestive 1986 lo-fi modern soul indemander.)

Pick Of The Litter - Runnin' to the disco / The many sides of love - Mason / VG+ / £70 (Superb spacey disco, later re-made and released on a 12 inch as “The heat is on”. Flipside is classy mellow/sweet 70s soul. Record looks clean but plays with a little distortion, likely to be the pressing.)

Spirit of Love - The power of your love - Birthright / EX / £60 (Indemand Gospel modern soul banger.)

Muscle Shoals Horns - Addicted to your love - Ariola America / EX / £45 (Superb two stepper which is quite hard to find on 45. Labels are reversed, comes in company sleeve.)

Catalinas - Dancin’ - romancin’ - The Catalinas / EX / £45 (Ignore the title, and artist. This is a superb feel good modern soul dancer.)

K. McArthur - Give me your love - Sagittarius / EX / £40 (Rare Boston, Mass. modern soul dancer.)

Philadelphia Story - Gotta get back / People users - H&L / EX / £30 (Hard to find issue with the excellent Philly soul dancer “Gotta get back”. Comes in company sleeve.)

Love Committee - I made a mistake - Mca / EX / £12 (Popular modern/disco dancer. Usually seen on T-Electric this one is on Mca.)

Johnny White & the Elite Band - You - Elite / EX / £10 (1985 boogie dancer on this T-Jaye distributed label.)

Gwen McCrae - Funky sensation - Atlantic / VG+ / £10 (Classic! Inaudible jukebox swirl on flip, comes with jukebox sticker. Plays well.)

Persuasions - One thing on my mind - A&M / EX / £6 (Cool looking white promo copy of this classic floater sound. Issues are styrene but this one is vinyl.)

Mass Production - Magic / Welcome to our world (Of merry music) - Cotillion / EX / £6 (Two banging modern soul/funky disco dancers. “Magic” is only being found on 45 on this UK release.)

Kwick - Nightlife - EMI America / EX / £5 (Popular boogie, complete with company sleeve. B-side has sticker.)

Manhattans - Crazy - Columbia / VG+ / £5 (Not rare but a great boogie dancer. Inaudible jukebox swirl on flipside.)

Latimore - Sweet vibrations / Somethin’ ‘bout ‘cha - Glades / VG / £5 (Classic double header, two step backed with a midtempo modern soul dancer. Record has jukebox swirl and an overall dull look but plays well. Comes with jukebox strip.)

Northern/Crossover/Ballad 45’s

Vee Gees - Talkin - Jump Off / EX / £400 (Super clean copy of this classic Detroit crossover rarity.)

Carmelita - Isn’t it lonely / Rosebud - Carmen / EX / £275 (Superb LA crossover. Silver/pink label, vinyl not styrene.)

Dewey Jeffries - When no one cared - Gary-Dew / EX / £225 (1972 jazzy crossover dancer. Great and rare.)

Uptights Band - Mirrors don’t ever lie - Uptight / EX / £150 (Lovely LA slowie. Such a hard one to find in this clean condition.)

Prince Geno and the Tailormades - Brand new man with a master plan - Aladdin / EX / £100 (Washington, D.C. 1974 release, soul with a funky blaxplo edge)

Unique Blend - Mommy & daddy / Does he treat you better - Eastbound / EX / £100 (White demo of this sweet soul double header. Very hard to find in this clean condition.)

Hank Jacobs and Don Malone — The world needs changin’ — Call Me / VG+ / £80 (Obscure and great 70’s soul with a message. Recently comped by Ace. Just shy of EX with a few light superficial marks, plays well.)

James Bynum - We are in need - E.B.C. / EX / £80 (Absolutely sublime and very soulful slowie. Rare one out of Atlanta. Sold for £100 recently.)

Al Miller - Let’s get away from it all / Trust is a must - Golden Wheels / EX / £70 (Two superb slowies on a dog rare 45. Water damaged label, also has some faded writing. Same label as Pierre Hunt.)

Free Youth - You take too much time to change - TMI / EX / £60 (Hard midtempo only found on issue copies. Complete with the cool looking company sleeve.)

Mighty Majors - You can never go back / The majors boogie - Bandit / EX / £60 (Rare and great sweet soul with a spacey sound. Funky flipside.)

Benny Clark’s Blues Band - Lasting love - Fair Play / EX / £60 (Rare and great crossover on the same LA label as the Justice Department 45.)

Jones Brothers - Good old days - Avi / EX / £50 (Excellent crossover sharing the backing with the ultra rare version on the United Artists label.)

Lost Souls - I’m your love, man - Glasco / EX / £45 (Their second seldom seen Glasco 45, a good group vocal northern soul dancer.)

City Limitz - First love - Virtue / EX / £45 (In-vogue, indemand dancer with funky undertones. White demo copy.)

Jimmy Jones — Yesterday’s mistakes — Twinight / VG+ / £30 (White promo copy, writing on label. Some light marks, plays ok.)

Cornelius & Carol - So I can love you - Entertainment Enterprises/ EX / £25 (Very soulful duet slowie out of South Carolina.)

Johnny Otis Show feat. Barbara Morrison - Hey boy! I want ya’ - Jazz World / EX / £20 (A bit underlooked midtempo dancer that sounds the business 3 am on any dancefloor.)

Denise Chandler - Love is tears - Lock / VG+ / £15 (Lovely Chicago double header. Vinyl is clean but look cloudy due to teflon treatment.)

Young Hearts - Count down (Here I come) - Minit / VG+ / £10 (Vinyl DJ copy of this nice northern soul dancer.)

Willie Tee - I’d give it to you / Look out world - United Artist / EX / £10 (Rare issue copy with two decent sides of his Anticipation album. Sadly not as good as his Gatur output but likely rarer than most of it.)

Four Tempos - Come on home - Rampart / EX / £10 (Miracles soundalike out of LA.)

Main Ingredient - Looks like rain / California my way - Rca / EX / £8 (Two classics off the Euphraties River album.)

Marvin Gaye - Come get to this - Tamla / VG+ / £5 (Essential dancer. Old jukebox copy, plays well.)

Soul Albums

Danny Dee - Movin' in - Harper / EX/EX / £250 (The super rare release of the Lil Albert album. Killer midtempo tracks in "Outrageous", "Who do the voodoo", "My girl Friday". And my fave, the stepper-ish "Movin' in". Super clean vinyl, sleeve in shrink. A far lesser condition copy sold on eBay a few days ago at $511.)

Willie & the Mighty Magnificents - Very soulful - All Platinum / EX/EX / £200 (Super rare album! With a superior group version of Willie & West’s “Get away from me girl”. Cover is weak side of EX with a little light fraying on top edge.)

Superior Elevation - Get it don’t stop - Black Satin / S/S / £200 (Still sealed copy of this rare 1982 album. Including the mellow dancer “Don’t let go babe”, the two stepper “(It was) September” + a bunch of boogie/funk numbers.)

Terry Callier - The new folk sound of… - Prestige / VG+/EX / £145 (The classic debut album. Blue label first press. Cover has small cut out hole, vinyl is clean and plays well but there’s a couple of sleeve marks so just shy of EX.)

Syl Johnson - Googie goodie good times - Shama/P-Vine / EX/EX / £50 (1979 Japanese compilation album with recordings, released and previously unreleased, for the Chicago Shama label. This is the original release of “All I need is someone like you” which uses the Nate Evans “Main Squeeze” backing. Complete with OBI slip and insert.)

Estiban - L.A. walk - EL / EX/EX / £40 (Obscure Canadian release with the Bill Wither-ish “A star in the ghetto” and the dancer “Come to me”.)

James Polk & Co - You know the feeling - Trilogy / S/S / £35 (Perfect sealed copy! “My sun” + “You know the feeling” superb modern soul with a fusion feel.)

Rotary Connection - Hey love - Cadet Concept / EX/VG+ / £35 (“I am the blackgold of the sun”. Lower mid seam split.)

Rufus Lumley - s/t - Rca / EX/EX / £25 (1968 album with the album only northern dancer “Stronger than me”.)

High Fashion - Feelin’ lucky - Capitol / EX/EX / £15 (Classic 80’s album filled with boogie dancers and the 2 stepper “I want to be your everything”.)

High Fashion - Make up your mind - Capitol / EX/EX / £15 (Their 1983 follow up.  More boogie and a stepper in “Just a little more love”. Cut out hole.)

Kwick - To the point - EMI America / EX/EX / £15 (With the boogie banger “Nightlife” and the steppers “You are the star of my show” and “We’re saying goodbye again”. Cut out hole.)

Kwick - s/t - EMI America / EX/EX / £8 (Their 1980 debut album with the excellent 2 step track “Let this moment be forever”.)

Jazz Albums

Johnny Griffin - Lady heavy bottom's waltz - Vogue / VG+/EX / £90 (1969 German original. Complete with company inner sleeve. Vinyl has some light marks but plays well.)

Jerome Richardson - Going to the movies - United Artist Jazz / EX/VG / £50 (Classic jazz dance in "No problem". Mono copy. Cover looks good but both parts of the upper and lower seams suffers from partial splits.)

Craig Harris - Aboriginal affairs - India Navigation / EX/EX / £35 (Spiritual jazz album with "Dijiribludu".)

Marva Josie - This is... - Thimble / EX/EX / £25 ("He does it better" - classic vocal jazz. Cover still in shrink but has cut corner.)

Roy Brooks - The free slave - Muse / EX/EX / £25 (One of the more collectible titles on this label, both rare and good.)

Irene Kral - Kral space - Catalyst / EX/EX / £20 (Superb vocal jazz, with "Wheelers and dealers" etc.)

Jazz 45’s

Bill Henderson - Senor blues - Blue Note / VG+ / £60 (The indemand vocal version of the Horace Silver classic. Vinyl looks a little dull but plays well.)

Billy Taylor with Four Flutes - Koolbongo - Riverside / VG+ / £45 (Best song of album with the same name as the artist.)

Ornette Coleman - Man on the moon - Impulse / EX / £45 (White demo copy of this superb indemander.)

Billy Ver Planck Orchestra - Senor Blues - Savoy / VG+ /£30 (Superb suggestive version on a very rare 45. Promo stamp on label. Vinyl has a few light sleeve marks, plays well.)

Teddy Edwards - Nothin' but the truth - Prestige / EX / £25 (1967 jazz dancer which is rare on 45. Promo copy with two X written on label with thin ballpoint pen.)

Chico Hamilton - Forest flowers Pt. 1 / Pt. 2 - Impulse / EX / £10 (White demo copy.)

Edited by KarlM
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!