RARITIES & INDEMANDERS - QUALITY CROSSOVER

Alan Walls

Howdy y'all! A wee change from my usual 60's Northern selection, some crossover goodies today. I'm referring to the type of sound Rod Dearlove had in mind when he brought the phrase to prominence in Voices From The Shadows in the early 90's, when this sound really started to get serious turntable action: late 60's records that sounded kinda 70's-ish, so appealed to that 70's/'Modern' crowd; and early/mid 70's recordings that still pushed the 60's mob's buttons. Tuck in…

*** SOLD *** Delegates of Soul        -           I'll Come Running Back         -          Up Look      Ex cond           £450  (yes, there was one for £300 on Facebook a couple of months ago, and it seemed to sell within nanoseconds. I suspect the seller could have shifted dozens more at that price, and wouldn't be so generous next time...)

Choice of Color           -           Your Love                              -           APT             Ex cond              £320 (lovely, lovely oldie that sounds as good as ever)

The Composers           -           Let's Get To The Point / Chances Go Round    -   Complex 3   looks VG++, plays Ex+  £90 (fine double sider that's getting attention again)

Bobby Foster               -           If You Really Need A Friend  -         Sound Plus  Ex cond            £50 (fab 70's Northern)

James Kelly Duhon      -          In School                                -         Jude             Ex cond               £75  (see above, and another that's getting renewed interest)

Harold Currington       -          One Day Girl                           -         Tad              Ex cond              £100 (occasional Dave Thorley spin from the Stafford era, very tidy mid tempo)

*** SOLD *** Bonnie Blanchard & Andy Aaron  -  You're The Only One    -         CRS             VG+                 £225 (demand continues a plenty for gem. Condition dictates the price)

*** SOLD *** Bobby Long & Dealers    -       Gotta Have Love Too              -         Old Town WD looks VG+, plays Ex   £125 (dug this out after about 25-odd years of it sitting fallow in the collection. This fits Rod's definition of crossover to a 'T', wonderful record)

*** SOLD *** Ronnie McCain                 -     This Time I'm Gone             -           Triode       Ex+ cond             £225   (a wee bit delicate for early 80's ears when Pat Brady first tried it out, but perfect now!)

*** SOLD *** The Philharmonics           -      I Need, I Need Your Love       -        Soulin       Ex cond              £100  (such a gorgeous, soulful dancer) 

*** SOLD *** Jessie Fisher                       -     You're Not Loving A Beginner -       Way Out Ex- cond              £225  (on the rarer white/red label; super fine early 70's Northern Soul)

******

Terms: 

Want one? - please PM me but also note on the sales thread there's a PM on the way. If I've marked a record as being ***ON HOLD*** please still let me know you're interested - 'on hold' don't necessarily mean sold!

Prices - while I'm sure my prices are reasonable, I might be open to offers on some titles, so ask, it won't do any harm (unless you're being really silly)

Shipping - £8 for Special Delivery to UK destinations for orders over £50, £3 for under. For overseas destinations, please ask. 

Payment - PayPal only, and must be made on my acceptance of your offer. If you want a wee bit of time to pay then just ask, but please don't assume I'll hold a record without prior arrangement. If you don' t pay immediately or as agreed, I'll go back to the 2nd guy who wanted it (if there is one). 

Returns - no quibble, full refund on the safe return of any record, where you disagree with my condition grading or if I haven't mentioned an obvious fault. I'm making a point of posting photos of all sales, so you can see the condition of the labels before you buy. I won't accept returns because of a label's appearance, or because you've belatedly decided you don't really like the record after all, or you've seen it's cheaper elsewhere: a deal’s a deal!

Ok, that's formal stuff out the way. Thanks for looking, hope you find something that floats yer boat!

Cheers

Alan

Bobby Long - Old Town.jpg

Boby Foster.JPG

Bonnie Blanchard & Andy Aaron (1).jpg

Choice of Color.jpg

Delegates of Soul.jpg

Harold Currington.jpg

James Kelly Duhon.jpg

Jesse Fisher.jpg

Philharmonics.jpg

The Composers - Chances.jpg

The Composers - Let's.jpg

Edited by Alan Walls
updates
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

15 minutes ago, adydj said:

Hi there does the bonny Blanchard have many marks on it does it play without noise thanks ady

Alright Ady

The vinyl's marked and has surface scratches; it also sounds like it was recorded on a Dictaphone in a toilet, but everyone I've had (4 over the years) sounded like that, it's just a poor quality recording. Perfectly suitable for DJ'ing and, depending on your taste, for play at home.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert