The Soul 'n' Scooterists Divide ?

Guest the dukester

Heard Frank Wilson at a modern/crossover do saturday night.

I danced my ass off!

Col.

you were seen at this event dancing to the said record

we all know what happens to people that dance to frank bloody wilson

they end up looking like this

post-2061-1162146690_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 101
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sorry that picture is not right...how do people find they can do theese things...

what do you mean the pic aint right?????????

Frank Wilson --- Right or Wrong but why was it played at a Crossover/modern night?

maybe the dj had tried everything to fill the floor and this was a last resort

Social source share

Well why we are on about the Soul 'n' Scooterists Divide..

Anyone on here going Hemsby Next Friday..

Couple of bits I'm gonna slip in, in the Northern room over the weekend..

Your Picture On The Wall - Orthea Barnes

Love Is You - Barrett Strong

Was That All It Was - Jean Carn

Watchdog - Dorothy Williams

I Had It - Brook Benton

Im going to Hemsby but if your going to play tunes like this and not scooterist northern soul i might give the northern room a miss and go to bed early.

Bearsy

Social source share

No Change There Then :thumbup:

laugh.gif

Really looking forward to this weekend its a sellout ive heard,

btw nice tunes :thumbsup:

How is your balance is it still playing you up.

Bearsy

Social source share

Well why we are on about the Soul 'n' Scooterists Divide..

Anyone on here going Hemsby Next Friday..

Couple of bits I'm gonna slip in, in the Northern room over the weekend..

Your Picture On The Wall - Orthea Barnes

Love Is You - Barrett Strong

Was That All It Was - Jean Carn

Watchdog - Dorothy Williams

I Had It - Brook Benton

oddly enough i live about five miles away from hemsby but i believe i cant get in as there is no seperate entry its all weekend in a chalet or nothing i aint paying for a chalet for a weekend when i can go home for nothing in 10 mins so its a shame as i would enjoy your set , as to the topic in question i own two lambrettas & have owned scooters for 23 years also i used to frequent many ns niters & events & still do but not as frequently, my

view of this is i wouldnt of attended a scooter rally then & expected to here ultra rare soul (in regard to the guy pissed off with billy butler & the like )its nice that you can now, but on the otherside of the coin mr wilson is now up there with the right tracks & competion aint nothings of the late 80s on the scooterists northern soul top 10, but if you go to certain ns niters specialest events you can hear this along with certain other overplayed oldies twice or three times a night & theese arent scooterist events so which catergory does mr wilson fall into, ( discuss ) as for the bloke who enjoys reggae yes i enjoy a bit of reggae now & then but i would being a rasta but im primarly into soul & its nice that they have theese speciallast rooms theese days makes it very much more enjoyable methinks i may even return to rally going in the new season thumbsup.gif

Social source share

oddly enough i live about five miles away from hemsby but i believe i cant get in as there is no seperate entry its all weekend in a chalet or nothing i aint paying for a chalet for a weekend when i can go home for nothing in 10 mins so its a shame as i would enjoy your set , thumbsup.gif
PM'd ya
Social source share

This thread aint like a Lambretta,it keeps on going on and on.

I know what you mean Ken,

and there is me hoping that mine can do 170 miles on friday and get me to Hemsby in one piece. :thumbsup:

PM'd ya

Sell him a wrist band for a tenner ohmy.gif

Social source share

Hemsby this coming weekend is superb for NS fans

The main room has cheesy northern with cheesy ska and cheesy powerpop etc

The 2nd room has quality northern and R&B

The 3rd room has quality skinhead reggae & original ska

Everybody's happy

A handful of my non-scooterist soul chums always attend Hemsby, it really is a good crack. 1700 confirmed as booked up so far.

Col

Social source share

oddly enough i live about five miles away from hemsby but i believe i cant get in as there is no seperate entry its all weekend in a chalet or nothing

Ras, we've got a spare wristband for the Fri night - it's yours for nowt but we need it back for Saturday

Col

P.S. 0 - 5

P.P.S. 5 - 0

Social source share

Ras, we've got a spare wristband for the Fri night - it's yours for nowt but we need it back for Saturday

Col

P.S. 0 - 5

P.P.S. 5 - 0

cheers col thanks m8 ill take you up on that m8 ill pm my number

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I've just completed my 13th Rally of the 2006 season and i'm also a passionate R&B/Soulie. :rolleyes:

I have to say that last weekend at Brid, I was bored silly by the soul being played but the floor was still full throughout the night and there were smiling faces enjoying the night regardless. The VFM lads catered for the masses and i don't mind that 1 bit because there was something for everyone. I know these lads have serious gems in their record boxes. They just weren't being played that night but....... At Shires rally not too long ago, the same DJ's treated me to some of the best soul/R&B around and kept me dancing until 7am. I heard their personality being played and they also catered for requests because the main event was elsewhere with the live acts etc. These same DJs were dancing too. The VFM security lads were coming in and enjoying the last few hours with the rest of us.

These events and DJs introduce many to the soul scene through association. It's nice to know you can attend a soul event and be sure to know a friendly face or 2 from some scooter club you've bumped into along the way. A new generation of scooterist is listening to and enjoying northern soul. They go away and buy a few Kent/Goldmine compilations and before you know it..... they are attending and enjoying a soul event near you!

I like to see/ listen to live acts. I love Ska. I like 60's and 60's influenced sounds but i also love Northern Soul & R&B. I get all of this on a rally. Its not always my cuppa but its better than a night of euro dance cheese so for me........

VFM does stand for VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!!

Teresa of Blues SC and CSWSSC

Looking forward to Hemsby :P:lol::lol:

Social source share

I've just completed my 13th Rally of the 2006 season and i'm also a passionate R&B/Soulie. :thumbsup:

I have to say that last weekend at Brid, I was bored silly by the soul being played but the floor was still full throughout the night and there were smiling faces enjoying the night regardless. The VFM lads catered for the masses and i don't mind that 1 bit because there was something for everyone. I know these lads have serious gems in their record boxes. They just weren't being played that night but....... At Shires rally not too long ago, the same DJ's treated me to some of the best soul/R&B around and kept me dancing until 7am. I heard their personality being played and they also catered for requests because the main event was elsewhere with the live acts etc. These same DJs were dancing too. The VFM security lads were coming in and enjoying the last few hours with the rest of us.

These events and DJs introduce many to the soul scene through association. It's nice to know you can attend a soul event and be sure to know a friendly face or 2 from some scooter club you've bumped into along the way. A new generation of scooterist is listening to and enjoying northern soul. They go away and buy a few Kent/Goldmine compilations and before you know it..... they are attending and enjoying a soul event near you!

I like to see/ listen to live acts. I love Ska. I like 60's and 60's influenced sounds but i also love Northern Soul & R&B. I get all of this on a rally. Its not always my cuppa but its better than a night of euro dance cheese so for me........

VFM does stand for VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!!

Teresa of Blues SC and CSWSSC

Looking forward to Hemsby :thumbsup::shades::ohmy:

Teresa,

you are spot on, many of my mates are getting right into northern soul and thats through scootering, we are attending loads more soul events aswell as doing our scooter rallies and we are loving every minute of it too, :lol:

You have done a good few rallies this year aint you, ive done 5 plus loads of rideout thingy`s and yes im looking forward to Hemsby too, 2 days and counting :(

Bearsy of Medway Aces scooter club

Social source share

Teresa,

you are spot on, many of my mates are getting right into northern soul and thats through scootering, we are attending loads more soul events aswell as doing our scooter rallies and we are loving every minute of it too, :lol:

You have done a good few rallies this year aint you, ive done 5 plus loads of rideout thingy`s and yes im looking forward to Hemsby too, 2 days and counting yes.gif

Bearsy of Medway Aces scooter club

Thats how i got into Soul - by enjoying myself and doing my own thing! I still own and ride my Lamby - and i dont mind riding it all over the country with my scootering buddies.....

But yes, as far as the promoters go, they have not got a clue!

Neither did Tony Class in the 80s ........but he at least tried to get the best Mod DJS in that were around at the time!

The VFM boys are doing their thing and good luck to them. I attended a weekend orginized by the VFM last year called "Scooterists Only" ....On this particular weekend i was subjected to cheesy House rubbish that even Judge Jools would have pissed his pants at!

I still got pissed and danced to the CD Soul DJ,

Would i attend that event again?...........No of course not............Do i think the VFM could do better?....of course!...but..... .who cares.!...........It wont affect me!

I personally require quality music............so i will see you at Prestatyn in the spring, and i will be there on my Lambretta!!!!!

I dont know what people are bothered about.......I mean 20 years ago Scooterboys were listening to Punk music and spitting on people like myself who have always had 6ts taste!

The fact that the scooter scene has mellowed and they have stopped hitting people like me with bottles is great................the music may arrive later?

Seriously, I know loads of cool soulies who ride scooters, but the organizers of the NATIONAL scooter events have not got a clue about anything to do with quality tunes.

Neither did Tony Class in the 80s - and that is why i attended venues like The Queens Hall in Bradford,Stoke, Keele uni, 100 Club, Ravern (Witchurch) etc.etc....and listened to Butch,Pat Brady, Mark Bicknell, Tim, Roger Banks, Ady Crosdell,Mick Smith,Randy Cousins.etc etc

I dont complain about the music on scooter rallys because you know it is going to be shit, i just enjoy the rallys with my pals on the piss -

When they put Soul rooms on at Scooter Rallys that is a bonus for me, and at times i must say i have heard quality tunes being spun !

But i still attend Scooter rallys, not for the music (unfortunatley) but for the Scooters and my Scooter buddies!!!!!!!!!! :lol::Dthumbsup.gif

You wont stop me riding my Lambretta and you can't stop me listening to my Soul

but remember.....................lots of Scooterists dont even like Soul music!!!!!!!!

Its a weird Scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Hi,

I haven't read all of this but i know the argument well! The soul / scooterist / Mod divide isnt as wide as it used to be (in my opinion) although you still get a fair few idiots on both sides...I have been into the whole Mod / scooterist / soul thing since 1982 and have heard plenty of anti scooterist / anti soul nonsense, and to be honest the scooter scene's soul playlist has been very limited over the years but that has definately changed, the Soul room at Whitby this year was great, with loads of good 70's/Modern / 60's being played and many other events - as mentioned - have seperate soul rooms with a good selection of knowledgable DJ's. I think the problem with SOME soulies is that they have never been part of the whole scooter thing so dont really understand the scene, or they may have been to one event where the music was pretty crap (as is still sometimes the case!)so they take it that this is all the scene has to offer. At the end of the day, you will encounter silly snobbery on any scene, its just human nature...

Ste. :huh:

Social source share

Hi,

I haven't read all of this but i know the argument well! The soul / scooterist / Mod divide isnt as wide as it used to be (in my opinion) although you still get a fair few idiots on both sides...I have been into the whole Mod / scooterist / soul thing since 1982 and have heard plenty of anti scooterist / anti soul nonsense, and to be honest the scooter scene's soul playlist has been very limited over the years but that has definately changed, the Soul room at Whitby this year was great, with loads of good 70's/Modern / 60's being played and many other events - as mentioned - have seperate soul rooms with a good selection of knowledgable DJ's. I think the problem with SOME soulies is that they have never been part of the whole scooter thing so dont really understand the scene, or they may have been to one event where the music was pretty crap (as is still sometimes the case!)so they take it that this is all the scene has to offer. At the end of the day, you will encounter silly snobbery on any scene, its just human nature...

Ste. :huh:

That is bang-on. These days I am very selective with what scooter rallies/weekenders I attend i.e. the ones with a dedicated soul room. Then you get the scooters, your mates, better music, beer-free floors and don't have to stand next to idiots like this:

post-3533-1162457901_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Hi,

Ste. :thumbsup:

I totally agree - downstairs at the Whitby rally the sounds were great (all vinyl too), the guy is from Leeds and is a really nice bloke too. They done the bizz the year before at the pre season rally at Whitby - The sounds upstairs at the VFM doo at the Isle of wight were also pretty. Things are definatly improving with the Soul rooms - but in the Main rooms i think they could drop a few more quality tunes in with all the other stuff!

As for the general attitude of the crowds at Scooter events, i feel that the scene is really mellow these days, never usually see hastle and even the trend for Mod style scooters has come right back - unheard of on nationals years back! (we used to get our whippy ariels snapped off) :lol:

But whatever, I still attend Scooter events and Soul events and always have a great time at all ! :thumbsup::(

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Oi OI Oi Oi Bish!!! lol

It's me, Teresa from The Crown, NMD etc lol You could have said ello or didn't ya realise it was me posting???

As you know Tony, I have very select taste in my music and mainly love underplayed soul and 60's R&B. Sometimes i get this on a rally if i'm lucky and sometimes not!

I have to say that at Hemsby this weekend...... I got the f**kin lot!!

Only spoilt for me slightly on the saturday with a few beer monsters and handbaggers taking beer on the floor along with cigarettes and a few handbags (which got kicked off the floor smartish....ooops)!!

The soul room was awesome and although i was upset to miss The Crown and Shakedown, I can happily say that my 2006 rally season finished with a bang i'll always remember. Great sounds from crackin DJs also gave me a new venue to attend thanks to some boys from Bisley Soul Club. Its gonna be a long treck for us to get there but Scootering gave me those great nights and a few new faces to the soul scene will now be hooked on fantastic music!!!

For some its obvious there is a divide but please remember that for others, it's a great introduction to the world of Soul and that can't be bad eh??? Out there is a new generation that could become our DJs/Collectors/General lovers of Soul & R&B of the future. If these kids aren't ready for a night of just soul yet.... where else are they gonna get a taste of it? The only places i know are rallies and scooter club events.

Anyway..... to the people who DJ'd at Hemsby, whoever you are and where ever you are from.......... I LOVED EVERY MINUTE!!! 2 nights of dancing and 3 days drinking without an ounce of sleep was amazing and although i've woke after sleeping for nearly 24 hrs.... i'm still buzzing and will take great memories away with me. Thanks!!!!

Teresa

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

BTW Cowo..... :D:D The wearer and designer of that Northern Soul is W*nk t-shirt actually plays decent northern for us although he really does hate it. He knows what we want and need on the rally/club scene. Its never from vinyl obviously but we are sure to get up and dance to a couple of chooons. Just need him to get busy playing a few R&B tracks :D:huh::(:D

Social source share

Well as a dj at Hemsby I wasn't to pleased... I done the 2 till 3 on both nights... there was some real idiots in the crowd.. there was more beer on the dance floor than I drunk all weekend... and yes Oldies it was ... after all we are told to play for the crowd and not go off on one.. and thats what they want.. I was asked for the snake 3 times...and i'm not joking about that....

Glad you enjoyed it Teresa... one of the Bisley Boys will be Pete Kelross... top man in my opinion...

Oh and I only play original vinyl but i'm not local..

Teresa... you wasn't the one that asked me for more R'n'B was you 2 records before the end of my set.. think you had dark short hair?

Social source share

your sets were amongst the better ones

I think you played Mack Rice which is one of my fave R&B numbers

I'd like to see the NS room back in the main ballroom, which seemed to be pretty empty later on in the night. Dancing on carpet ain't good

Hi ya Cowo.. yep played Mac Rice, 2nd track from the end or last track Sat night, should have come and said hello :ohmy:

agree why they swapped the rooms I'll never know :yes:

Social source share

Well as a dj at Hemsby I wasn't to pleased... I done the 2 till 3 on both nights... there was some real idiots in the crowd.. there was more beer on the dance floor than I drunk all weekend... and yes Oldies it was ... after all we are told to play for the crowd and not go off on one.. and thats what they want.. I was asked for the snake 3 times...and i'm not joking about that....

Glad you enjoyed it Teresa... one of the Bisley Boys will be Pete Kelross... top man in my opinion...

Teresa... you wasn't the one that asked me for more R'n'B was you 2 records before the end of my set.. think you had dark short hair?

Hi Mischief,

got to agree with you on your post mate,

there was too many idiots on the dance floor this year with drinks spilling everywhere but maybe that might be because it being sold out and packed solid,

our faces when the snake was played and from out of the shadows the dance floor became so packed the only place left for the dancers to dance was on the carpet was hilarious to say the least but like you say the dj`s had to play a mix up of all sorts but i feel a good few of the dj`s played a bit too safe and one of them who played so safe kept introducing his tunes as requests (yeah right).

Pat on the back for yourself though mate as you did play a great couple of sets that were fresh, put together well and very pleasing to the ear that had the floor busy all the way without playing the safe game :ohmy:

bumped into Pete Kelross and his mate Gaz at about 5am on sunday as we were the only ones left and had a good chat with him and got to agree he is a top bloke, looking forward to Bisley now,

it was good to see you and Emma (good luck with the knee) again and see you soon.

Bearsy

Social source share

Hi Mischief,

got to agree with you on your post mate, :ohmy:

our faces when the snake was played and from out of the shadows the dance floor became so packed the only place left for the dancers to dance was on the carpet was hilarious

Just goes to show what people want to hear :yes:

Pat on the back for yourself though mate as you did play a great couple of sets that were fresh, put together well and very pleasing to the ear that had the floor busy all the way without playing the safe game :yes:

They was quite safe just tried to play good dancers...

got asked about a couple of tracks..

"what can a man do" Ben E King

"Groovy People" Lou Rawls

bumped into Pete Kelross and his mate Gaz at about 5am on sunday as we were the only ones left and had a good chat with him and got to agree he is a top bloke, looking forward to Bisley now,

I'm missing the next Bisley (allnighter) as i'm in Exeter

it was good to see you and Emma (good luck with the knee) again and see you soon.

And you :huh:

Edited by mischief
Social source share

Don't know what you reckon mischief, but I think "Will" should get a longer pair of trousers before next years dance competition :ohmy: or at least slacken off his braces :yes:

Social source share

All the scooterists are coming out of the closet on this thread!!!

Hello.

LLandudno earlier this year was a good one, very few Wigan oldies played there, most on here would have enjoyed it, as I did.

2 large rooms and just at the right capacity, upstairs was for the live bands and whatever else goes.

Dunc

Social source share

All the scooterists are coming out of the closet on this thread!!!

Hello.

LLandudno earlier this year was a good one, very few Wigan oldies played there, most on here would have enjoyed it, as I did.

2 large rooms and just at the right capacity, upstairs was for the live bands and whatever else goes.

Dunc

Dunc

everyone who knows me knew i came out a few years ago :ohmy:

Bearsy

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Hiya Mischeif

I was the blonde with the ponytail who danced all night on the friday. I was wearing the Can't Start Won't Start scoot club t-shirt from nottingham (barcode design) and Scooters at the summit t-shirt on the saturday. I too had a limp after suffering a torn cartlidge. You might have seen me having a growl on the floor with a biggish lad wearing a suit and taking his pint and pissed up mates with him on the saturday night ranting_1.gif

Myself and a friend went back for a drink with that lad Gaz. What a top lad! He said i could only leave when i had drank the place dry, so at 10am we staggered out of the chalet after some wonderful conversation, some serious gigglin and making a new lovely friend. Lost Souls Scooter Club he's from i think?

Anyone that knows him..... i'd be grateful if you pass on my regards

There were 2 guys wearing cropped baggies and braces..... amazing dancers!!!!!

Social source share

Myself and a friend went back for a drink with that lad Gaz. What a top lad! He said i could only leave when i had drank the place dry, so at 10am we staggered out of the chalet after some wonderful conversation, some serious gigglin and making a new lovely friend. Lost Souls Scooter Club he's from i think?

Yep lOst Souls

Will do

Will and Dom

glad you had a good un next time say hello smile.gif

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Everyones abetter dancer than Pickles :lol::lol:

(bet I get a pm now having a go at me :( )

How dare you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll have you know I had been practising with a full pint in one hand and a fag in the other for that dance comp, all week. It was only the beer soaked, sticky carpet that stopped me from entering.

Oh well there is always next year.

Doc

Social source share

oy oy teresa

a up me duck dint no twas you,looks like you had a great time at hemsby,r u going spondon on new years eve,should be a good un,selling me scoot if you no anyone that wants it

tra for now

bish ps this is cals page forgot to swap over

Edited by asoulfulgal
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

oy oy teresa

a up me duck dint no twas you,looks like you had a great time at hemsby,r u going spondon on new years eve,should be a good un,selling me scoot if you no anyone that wants it

tra for now

bish ps this is cals page forgot to swap over

I did have a great time apart from the fighting and the usual beer monsters making it difficult for me to dance in my socks lol The atmosphere was good and its an event i'll want to return to every year from now on..... can't believe it took me all these years to get there!

I can't wait for Spondon too whistling.gif:lol::lol:

Sad that you are selling the scoot too. I can't even afford to get the PK back on the road yet but after the new year it will be Fuey a go-go!! (no laughing about the PK you other scooterists out there reading this.... i love her)!! lol

You want to consider putting an ad in the East Midland Scooter Alliance? If you are not a member, i'll be glad to post the ad and details for you.

Mischief.......... Thanks for that also. Its good to meet nice people and to make the weekend worth attending. For me its all about that and the music/beer/scooters of course lol

Teresa aka Fuey xxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Hiya Mischeif

I was the blonde with the ponytail who danced all night on the friday. I was wearing the Can't Start Won't Start scoot club t-shirt from nottingham (barcode design) and Scooters at the summit t-shirt on the saturday. I too had a limp after suffering a torn cartlidge. You might have seen me having a growl on the floor with a biggish lad wearing a suit and taking his pint and pissed up mates with him on the saturday night :wicked:

Hi miss HKF,

i saw you telling them mods off the naughty boys, you were sooooo aggressive it scared us lot.

i was one of the idiots in them black shirts with the flames and skulls on (dont ask why) that was sitting at the front of the stage on saturday and dancing till the very end of the night,.

maybe get a chance to say hello next time :ohmy:

Bearsy

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

:yes::yes:ph34r.gifAwwwww Bearsy Baby!!!

They weren't mods darlin.,..... just beer monsters in shitty cheap suits! Any decent dancefloor loving mod wouldn't dream of taking a pint and a fag on the floor!

I remember you lot now and your skull shirts :(:shades: but i haven't a clue which one is you so, you'll have to come and tap me on the back before i drag you to the bar and buy you a pint :P

I am usually a really friendly person on the scene but having to change my socks twice, once because of chewing gum and the other through spilt beer made me quite narked. Dust and talc are fine but a puddle of Boddingtons really brings out the worst in me :thumbsup:

Warning 1... Please if you don't mind, will you not take your pint on the dance floor because its stops us from being able to dance once you've spilt your pint.

Warning 2...I've asked you nicely because you are spoiling it for those that want to dance and there are plenty of other rooms for you to do the conga

Warning 3...Now F*CK OFF you SWEATY P*ICK and go and wind em up in the ska room if you dare!

Peace and love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

:yes::yes::yes:Awwwww Bearsy Baby!!!

They weren't mods darlin.,..... just beer monsters in shitty cheap suits! Any decent dancefloor loving mod wouldn't dream of taking a pint and a fag on the floor!

oh my lord.............as well as dogy Soul tunes they have even got sub standard mods on the scooter events now? whatever next!!! :yes:laugh.gif

Hello to the "cant start wont start sc - nottingham" Pete and Myself were next door to you at the Prestatyn Soul Weekender - Nice to meet you all!! Great weekend - JJ Barnes was class

We had the only 2 Scooters on the site that weekend by the way (SX Lambrettas), And i feel that as soon as the Soulboys realize that the SX200 is the SOULFULL way forward - then we wont have to go on them dodgy scooter rallys EVER again :P:D See you all there in March for the BIG ONE- and yes we will be there on our Lambrettas :D

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

oh my lord.............as well as dogy Soul tunes they have even got sub standard mods on the scooter events now? whatever next!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello to the "cant start wont start sc - nottingham" Pete and Myself were next door to you at the Prestatyn Soul Weekender - Nice to meet you all!! Great weekend - JJ Barnes was class

We had the only 2 Scooters on the site that weekend by the way (SX Lambrettas), And i feel that as soon as the Soulboys realize that the SX200 is the SOULFULL way forward - then we wont have to go on them dodgy scooter rallys EVER again laugh.gif:P See you all there in March for the BIG ONE- and yes we will be there on our Lambrettas :D

That wasn't me Mossy baby but i think i know the culprits. Possible brief discription of em?

Social source share

That wasn't me Mossy baby but i think i know the culprits. Possible brief discription of em?

Short hair and glasses .............Knocks about with his missus and his girlfreind :yes::thumbsup::thumbup:laugh.giflaugh.gif:D Top marks!!! Great people, and we will see you there in March!!!!! Outstanding !!!!!

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Short hair and glasses .............Knocks about with his missus and his girlfreind :D:D:D:D:lol::lol: Top marks!!! Great people, and we will see you there in March!!!!! Outstanding !!!!!

Ahhhh yes Pete "The Love Triangle"!!! Cheeky but lovely!!! So glad i do the rallies and soul nights with the girlies biggrin.gif:( I should be catching up with him at our end of season do next week, so i'll pass ya regards on mossy

Social source share

Ahhhh yes Pete "The Love Triangle"!!! Cheeky but lovely!!! So glad i do the rallies and soul nights with the girlies :D:lol: I should be catching up with him at our end of season do next week, so i'll pass ya regards on mossy

Please do, really nice people and all quite mental with it !!!! Thats what lifes all about!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I have been on and off the scene cos of the kids since the tender age of 17. Never went to Wigan which I have been told is my first problem,and have never collected records which is a cardinal sin. I have also had scooters since around the same time but left due to King Kurt stuff and 2 nasty accidents and concentrated on the Northern Scene where i met the old man. . Now I am the wrong side of 40 me and friends have found a new lease of life on both scenes,I want to point out that at the 8 rallies I have been on have been excellent with Northern Ska and a all in one room at most.The djs actually play 70s music.

There are two many purists around and it annoys me when people think they are hollier than thou when they say that DJs should dictate what us underlings should dance to.

Balls ...I understand that new sounds should be played but not an hour or even two at a time.

As a scooterist/soulie shyte I think some people should get a life. The scene has managed to survive this long so hope the idiots do not get their own way.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert